Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt that a down-vote will tank the stock, although a disappointing earnings report could. If Elon quits, there could be a stock drop, but it may be much shorter lasting than people assume.

I really don't see the vote failing, but even if it does I don't think Elon would quit anyway. Despite what the Elon haters say, Elon's doesn't really seem to desire huge wealth for himself. Also Elon is still very wealthy even without the pay package which the Delaware courts took from him.

I feel Elon would stay and be CEO of Tesla even for free if he had to, he seems more mission driven than wealth driven IMHO.

I’m a bit behind on this thread, but it cracks me up when we get a downdraft in the SP and a bunch of FUD posts here at the same time.

It’s like people who are dumb enough to short—into an already crowded trade mind you—also feel the need to come here and telegraph that the downdraft is due to their shorting.

Um, thanks I guess, but I was planning to continue to hold anyway.

Wow, there's a lot more.

\

He reposted this:

@elonmusk
is literally blackmailing his hand picked board to award him 56 Billion for a great "feat" of causing 500 billion loss to shareholders. He is directly responsible for the pathetic plight of Tesla and needs to be fired immediately.
My understanding is that the Board does not have the authority to award him that. The shareholders do as part of a democratic voting process. The Delaware Chancery Court recently ruled that the previous vote was null and void because it was done unlawfully due to shareholders not having been fully informed. So the Board is proposing to hold a re-vote now that the information is fully public. Shareholders are free to reject the proposal if they want to.

I doubt that a down-vote will tank the stock, although a disappointing earnings report could. If Elon quits, there could be a stock drop, but it may be much shorter lasting than people assume.
A downvote would be terrible. No doubt in my mind we'd see double digit percentage crash in tsla stock if that were to occur. The assumption would be that Elon is not incentivised to work hard for tsla and the chance of him leaving would greatly increase. This would be hugely negative for the future value of Tesla.

My understanding is that the Board does not have the authority to award him that. The shareholders do as part of a democratic voting process. The Delaware Chancery Court recently ruled that the previous vote was null and void because it was done unlawfully due to shareholders not having been fully informed. So the Board is proposing to hold a re-vote now that the information is fully public. Shareholders are free to reject the proposal if they want to.
Yes and it appears one of the largest shareholders is against it. From his feed it looks like he's upset that Elon sold 1/3 of his shares.

You disagreed with me quoting him. Any reason? Those aren't my thoughts.

I hope you're right. I definitely agree that the board expects the vote to go their way. Otherwise, putting this proposal up for vote would be complete fiduciary malfeasance. I just don't know how tight the vote is going to be. They mentioned 4 out of top 10 institutional investors have indicated they are a yes. Hope I'm wrong, but that doesn't sound like a slam dunk. I understand this doesn't mean the other 6 are a no. And what about the likes of Koguan Leo, who now owns 27,600,000 shares and appears to be a no vote? Per his X post, this is more shares than Cathie Wood and Ron Baron combined???

I agree with those that think this is the most urgent issue we have to overcome. Q1 earnings? Meh. Earnings call commentary? Slightly less meh. Shareholder vote in June? Critical. If this proposal isn't passed, I see only bad things in the near-to-mid future. And maybe even long term, as some are suggesting.
Yeah I agree I worry that with the stock price taking a huge dump, people aren't happy with Elon. Like it could get to the point that the stock price is maybe at halfway to a third of what Elon's compensation package top target. That's a REALLY hard justification to give him the equity package, especially because that would give credence to the idea that the stock price ran up temporarily due to the pandemic.

No, the car never learns on-car (it'd be a nightmare of troubleshooting if it did). The NNs only change with full firmware updates.

But MAP data is updated all the time- including on a per-route basis each time you enter a destination.
I don’t know. We take a new road everyday that was built 7 years ago. It still shows me driving thru a swamp every day 7 years later. It cuts a kilometer and. Half of our trip home if we take it. Navigation still doesn’t know it’s there…after 7 years. 😱

I think the vote on Elon's compensation package is the most important thing right now. If that package isn't approved I think he may have a backup plan that most of us won't like.

Elon wants to have 25% control over the direction of Tesla AI. If he can't get that, plan B will be to split up the company in a way that gets him that control. It will probably be Tesla Auto, Tesla Energy, and Tesla AI. Elon will go with Tesla AI.

I agree completely. Thus please vote for the following question during the Q1 Earnings call:

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 12.09.09 PM.png

Tom Nash offers his perspective on the current market conditions, then reviews the S&P over five recessions for comparison.

Next, he looks at what to load up on now, such as having a bond component in the portfolio. Then, how to pick great companies that are "hated stocks" and what makes them preferable in times like these.

Lastly, he goes on to compare Tesla, Microsoft, and Google (AI players) in order to see which one fits the description. No surprises here, and he reveals many, many factors that paint Tesla as a perfect example of what to load up on now.

Ignore the click-bait thumbnail and title and check it out.

If you all desperately need to travel in the same car book a Model 3/Y, of if there are a lot of you a Model X.

2 seats are for individuals, couples or groups that don't mind splitting up over multiple vehicles. I suspect you would still be able to share the witty jokes via video link if you were travelling in multiple cars.

If you were all in the one car, that means you were all going or Place A to Place B, or the car dropped off at multiple locations..
Bar hopping friend, just bar hopping. Usually just 10-20 min rides at most. Nobody wants to try to park, there is no parking close to cool bars and restaurant strips. Don't know why but there just never is...

So, this is when Uber makes bank. Mid week you can park maybe. Fewer people bar hopping. If you want to see what TaaS does than pay attention to Uber. You may be delighted or horrified.

• Funny
Reactions: MC3OZ