Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 weeks into Q2 the registrations in the 6 real-time reporting EU countries are the highest they’ve ever been, which bodes well for the Q2 demand.
I also said the same for Q1 , but around halfway the quarter the registrations slowed down, as if there were some delivery disruptions or something :) .

I admit your phraseology triggered a slight chuckle. There might have been some terrorism effects in Q1 might there not? Perhaps the majority of the investors community may have poor short term event recall!/s

I get that's the supplier (so half my question was just my missing that bit- apologies) - but that doesn't say they did the assembly or caused the issue.... " the component assembly of the pad onto the accelerator pedal" seems disambiguated such that it's unclear if this is a thing the supplier does and sends Tesla as a whole unit, or if Tesla assembled parts from KSR at their own factory.

Am I also missing something that says that?
Here's the supplier website. Looks like accelerator pedal cover is attached at their factory.

I've been curious how institutional investors will vote? I suspect they like the Delaware court system but I haven't been able to find any information about this.
I'm hearing that after the 'reform' of Delaware Chancery Court, anti-corporate rulings ahem become more frequent causing some large corporations to reconsider. The real problem is identifying the domicile that is predictable in probable treatment. Texas, for example, is very new at this and has major questions about treatment, especially because Texas State legislation often si drawn primarily to protect small, politician owned business classes. To wit: auto direct selling restrictions, and one of the most complex local tax rule structure that exists anywhere. (not too long ago there were roughly 300 different sales and use tax entities with highly variable collection and administration policies). I am out fo date so some of that, hopefully, has been reduced.

Were it to be my company I'd likely choose Nevada at the present day. Texas and Delaware, for different reasons would be off my list.

I'm hearing that after the 'reform' of Delaware Chancery Court, anti-corporate rulings ahem become more frequent causing some large corporations to reconsider. The real problem is identifying the domicile that is predictable in probable treatment. Texas, for example, is very new at this and has major questions about treatment, especially because Texas State legislation often si drawn primarily to protect small, politician owned business classes. To wit: auto direct selling restrictions, and one of the most complex local tax rule structure that exists anywhere. (not too long ago there were roughly 300 different sales and use tax entities with highly variable collection and administration policies). I am out fo date so some of that, hopefully, has been reduced.

Were it to be my company I'd likely choose Nevada at the present day. Texas and Delaware, for different reasons would be off my list.

100% agree--- I'd be WAY more comfortable with Nevada than Texas for corporate court stuff---I'd been kinda hopeful they would go Nevada since Neuralink already made that move- Delaware->Texas is more like trading one set of problems for a different set.

This is what you get for $2500 a year from Mercedes-

Exclusive: Mercedes becomes the first automaker to sell autonomous cars in the U.S. that don't come with a requirement that drivers watch the road

Mercedes becomes the first automaker to sell autonomous cars in the U.S. that don’t come with a requirement that drivers watch the road.

The luxury automaker has become the first in the nation to start selling self-driving cars—at least those that afford riders a hands-free experience—to regular consumers. So far, the company has sold at least 65 autonomous vehicles in California, Fortune has learned through an open records request submitted to the state’s DMV. Select Mercedes dealerships in Nevada are also offering the cars with the new technology, known as “level 3” autonomous driving.

Drivers can activate Mercedes’s technology, called Drive Pilot, when certain conditions are met, including in heavy traffic jams, during the daytime, on specific California and Nevada freeways, and when the car is traveling less than 40 mph. Drivers can focus on other activities until the vehicle alerts them to resume control. The technology does not work on roads that haven’t been pre-approved by Mercedes, including on freeways in other states.

The sales mark a new echelon of autonomous driving available to the average American. Mercedes is the first automaker selling to customers to achieve level 3 capabilities in the U.S., with Tesla and others still offering technology at level 2—in which cars can perform specific tasks but require constant supervision from a driver.
They would be illegal in BC Canada. No L3 vehicles allowed.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sunwarriors
Stock is down over 63% in the last ~2.5 years.

How long is long term?
And over 5...

1713540213365.png

So according to @mongo here, we have to make this
  • That as of April 4th they had produced delivered 3,878 Cybertrucks,
correct?

That would fit much better with @Troy ´s VIN plot which pointed to almost 5000 VINs assigned as of March 26.
Only if you think Tesla is lying:
1713542840916.png

It says all Cybertrucks manufactured, it doesn't say anything about them having been delivered.

Just because a VIN has been assigned doesn't mean the vehicle has been produced.

My personal opinion (having some involvement both in production and automotive engineering through the companies I own - small companies) is that there's no way they can make a car that makes a profit at 25000$. You look in a Model 3, where could they cut 40% of cost?
The model 3 is ludicrously overengineered for the simple purpose of having people drive to work or shops.
Even the lowest trim has ridiculous acceleration. It has very long range, it has fast charging, it is BIG by the standards of small European hatchbacks. It has tons of storage as is, without even considering the frunk. It has a very high end GPU powering a screen that plays video games and streams TV. And of course it has all the hardware to make it capable of full self driving.
Everyone I know who has bought an EV would happily buy a cheap Tesla, with no autopilot, slower speed, small size, less storage, and slower charging.

Don't forget to many of us in Europe, small cars are BETTER than big cars, even if the price is the same. I'd actually pay proper money to have my model Y scaled down. Our roads are not like American roads, and neither are our parking spaces.

I find it amusing when a company is nimble and it pivots that folks try to use that as evidence of a failure. (not that I'm convinced they aren't doing this still)

You'd rather they charge along as circumstances change?

What changed from December ("we're quite advanced in that work") to the alleged cancellation/postponement in late Feb? That's more interesting - to me - than whether or not they changed course.

And as I've said, we will likely get more details next week on the call.

Blocking just 2 people has resulted in nearly half of the posts being useless. I love this, you should all try it!

The caveat is that we could miss valid concerns…

IMG_7318.jpeg Or not.

PS. New game called "Name that FUD". Since I can still see the responses, why not guess what the Doomer was saying.
(Note: This is a difficult game - there's no way to know when you're winning.)

Last edited: