Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blocking just 2 people has resulted in nearly half of the posts being useless. I love this, you should all try it!

The caveat is that we could miss valid concerns…

View attachment 1039987 Or not.

PS. New game called "Name that FUD". Since I can still see the responses, why not guess what the Doomer was saying.
(Note: This is a difficult game - there's no way to know when you're winning.)

This game has been fun for years...

He also says this about road trips:

People often ask me about charging on a road trip. They will say, "How do you know where the chargers are?" I've come up with something even better. No need to mention route planning. I say:

I've literally had people stand there with their mouth open.
That’s kind of how it is for the most part. We can’t use FSD on the highway anymore because of the left lane thing but once they get that sorted that’s actually pretty much how it goes. I’m sure someday it will even back into a free charger stall. 😂

I’ve been invested over 12 years to date. I have shares with cost basis between $2.32 and whatever my last set of demand shares are going to be within the next couple of weeks. 95% of my shares are under $10.

I plan on holding for the foreseeable future, cashing in as I need money to defend my mountain from @Unpilot.

You want to ask your question again, or move along?
And I thought I was doing good with some shares up over 1000%

The FUD is thick today. I envy you and a few others that resist hitting the ignore option. Thanks for taking one a lot for the team. Same goes for others here that have a stronger constitution than I have.

Only if you think Tesla is lying:
View attachment 1039966

It says all Cybertrucks manufactured, it doesn't say anything about them having been delivered.

Just because a VIN has been assigned doesn't mean the vehicle has been produced.
Gonna have to agree with ya. I reread the legalese and they do include unsold vehicles.
Thanks for the correction!

"The total number of vehicles or items of equipment potentially containing the defect or noncompliance, and where available the number of vehicles or items of equipment in each group identified pursuant to paragraph (c)(2) of this section."

I cannot read the original, but the comments for this say it was one supplier cut due to changing the motor design. So maybe not what is claimed here?
Yeah, from Google Translate it's one supplier

(Tansi Auto News) According to new car and new technology news, "Tesla has recently cut production significantly. In the next six months, our supply will be cut by 30%." Recently, an internal manager of a domestic Tesla exclusive supplier Li Tao (pseudonym) said in an interview. Li Tao said that Tesla's Shanghai factory is his company's largest customer. Tesla's orders have been very stable in the past year or so. This sudden order cut has had a major impact on them. "We are also expected to lay off employees, otherwise we will not be able to survive." Li Tao revealed.

What changed from December ("we're quite advanced in that work") to the alleged cancellation/postponement in late Feb? That's more interesting - to me - than whether or not they changed course.

And as I've said, we will likely get more details next week on the call.
Could this just be Tesla reverse-Osborning? (Has anybody said this already? 8 pages in 24 hours?!? I can't keep up). If people expect a $25 K Tesla, and it's stopping them buying what is offered for the next 18 months, there's something to be said for the tactic of Tesla pretending they aren't going to build it. After all, nobody from Tesla has actually said "we won't build the cheaper Tesla with a steering wheel and pedals". They just said "all in on autonomy" which isn't the same thing. In fact, it's nicely ambiguous.

If that's true, and they start quietly building 'Model 2' (aka NV91) in 2025 alongside the RoboTaxi version, then only the most bitter will complain they bought a 3 or a Y instead of waiting for NV91. Maybe it's just my wishful thinking, but the facts don't contradict that scenario, right? Even Franz said "Don't believe everything you read" when asked if they had cancelled NV91.

Here's to not getting details on the call (they could even dismissively say "we're not currently building a driver-version of RT", which would be true), but surprising us with release 1 in 2025. That's the best scenario for revenues, and indirectly, TSLA investors, IMHO.

Last edited:
The difference between someone who is bearish and wants to have a healthy discussion and someone who has ill-intent is the quality of the sources they bring up to justify their argument. You are the master of bringing up misleading sources that are blatantly wrong in black and white. This is why people don't take you seriously and you introduce way more noise than signal. You can be right about the stock but you are still noise.

Small (in the global scope of the turmoil in the Teslaverse) good news item for Giga Berlin: The water utility had threatened to not dispose of their waste water any more because they exceed the limits for certain substances. The concerned the municipalities that control it now voted to continue treating the wast water for now.

Background: The substance levels are part of a contract that Tesla made with the utility. Those were calculated for a mix of waste water from toilets and industrial processes. Because Tesla is now recycling nearly 100% of the process waste water, the percentage of the compounds from the toilet waste water has gone up and the concentrations are too high. So formally the utility is probably right, but logically they get less waste than planned, but the mixture is not right 🥴. Now they´ll just update the contract and (hopefully) everything will be fine.

Just. Can’t. Win. 🤦

I've been curious how institutional investors will vote? I suspect they like the Delaware court system but I haven't been able to find any information about this.
I like the court system that hasn’t overturned my shareholder vote and deemed me too stupid to know the board’s relationship with the benefactor of my vote.

So, yeah. I’ll vote to give Texas a chance.

My personal opinion (having some involvement both in production and automotive engineering through the companies I own - small companies) is that there's no way they can make a car that makes a profit at 25000$. You look in a Model 3, where could they cut 40% of cost?

Maybe or maybe not. But the other problem that the "Model 2" would face is that it's biggest markets would be outside of the United States. There, the Chinese competition is fierce and would drive down margins. I think the market is misreading/misinterpreting the Model 2 as some sort of savior for the stock. It's not going to drive profits without robust FSD as a differentiator. Even with FSD, the Chinese competitors have fairly serviceable FSD-like offerings.

As risky as it is (and it is very risky), going all out on autonomy seems like the best out of a bunch of bad options.

Could this mean that this motor is now in routine production:

1713554807661.png

1713554848278.png

(Print-Screens from Investor Day March 1st, 2023.