Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it true that Apple posts have been blocked by Elon on X? Went to go check on this rumor and when I search for Apple there are no posts shown.

If false, what am I missing?

If true, is Elon violating his own mantra of freedom of speech?
You realize that the Freedom of speech is a rationalization and at best an excuse for a purchase .

The EU tariffs for Chinese EVs will only be for selected Chinese manufacturers:

They´ll start in July unless negotiations in the next few weeks are successful.

I should read the whole article first before posting a conclusion, sorry 🫣. Looks like all cars produced in China and imported into the EU will be affected by tariffs, but not sure how high those for non-Chinese manufacturers will be:
In addition, western manufacturers also produce cars in China that they export to Europe. These would also be affected by tariffs, the level of which the EU still wants to determine individually.

Tesla needs him at the helm today…
To run with the “captain at the helm analogy”…

Would you be happy with a ship’s captain who spent an inordinate amount of time and attention on things other than steering the ship? Who was preoccupied with buying and posting on a social app? Deciding who to go to war with next? Fauci and Apple being just recent examples.

Assuming he’s delegated the actual steering of the ship to others, it’s fair to ask what his actual job is, if he spends so much of his time away from the helm.

As an aside, I’m still primed and ready to sell a substantial portion of my shares if the stock price hits 160. But I’ll be keeping some - hope springs eternal and all that.

"Tesla came out on top, earning the title as the No. 1 energy storage company in the world on Energy Digital's list. It ranked above top industry competitors such as Albemarle, GE Vernova, Vivint Solar, Enphase Energy, Energizer, and Panasonic."

Interesting but unfortunately the article this is based on from May 8 seems to have done quite a random ranking, I can´t find any metric this is based on.

Quoted by @Musskiah:

..based on:

..based on:

Would you be happy with a ship’s captain who spent an inordinate amount of time and attention on things other than steering the ship? Who was preoccupied with buying and posting on a social app? Deciding who to go to war with next? Fauci and Apple being just recent examples.

[cruise liner captains spend a long time dining with guests.. No captain of a large ship would spend 24 hours at a time on watch. They'll be there for tricky stuff and tell the Officer of the Watch to get them if something happens. An Admiral has a different role from a Captain - sets the culture, overall plan and only gets involved in lower-level tasks if really needed. Simple thing to think about - who would make more progress on any area at Tesla - Elon, Mary Barra or Farley?]

Assuming he’s delegated the actual steering of the ship to others, it’s fair to ask what his actual job is, if he spends so much of his time away from the helm. [He unblocks/SOLVES problems, works on the hardest things the company has at any one time and makes fast progress at a lower cost than others would. He knows WHAT to fix and how. Others would have a meeting, have no action, but plan another meeting for "two weeks"]

As an aside, I’m still primed and ready to sell a substantial portion of my shares if the stock price hits 160. But I’ll be keeping some - hope springs eternal and all that.

Is it true that Apple posts have been blocked by Elon on X? Went to go check on this rumor and when I search for Apple there are no posts shown.

If false, what am I missing?

If true, is Elon violating his own mantra of freedom of speech?
I still remember at one time twitter is off limit to this thread, oh well this ship has been heading towards an iceberg for a while now... Captain? What captain...

Anyway, if you mean there's no tweets from @apple, this is something that has been true for a long time, long before Elon Musk's takeover, you can easily find articles online about this, for example: Apple doesn’t tweet?

Apple has a bunch of other accounts that tweets regularly though, for example @AppleMusic

Assuming he’s delegated the actual steering of the ship to others, it’s fair to ask what his actual job is, if he spends so much of his time away from the helm.

Visionary
Even folks at Tesla are saying that.

.who starts a car company(& that too battery) based when most car companies have failed
.who starts a SuC network before there are enough cars on the roads.
.who starts a battery line of business, to bring down costs and not let vendors drive prices
.who starts AI/FSD and then gives up on the crutches like lidar years in advance
.who starts Optimus/robotics seeing potential of FSD vision stack application in another dimension

.sure there have been misses along the way ..Solar Roof, late FSD, late 4680 etc ... but that is what happens when you try for bold things.

Elon said if you don't like volatility sell.
I would say if you don't like Elon sell .... that should be part of everybodies investment thesis.

cheers!!

Last edited:
I am pleased to see that at least one other thinks JB Straubel - a truly talented and even-keeled person - would make a fine CEO.

Now, a question: those many of you who vociferously disagree with me: what do you make of Mr Musk agreeing with me: that he would prefer not to be CEO but solely the CTO? Or was that not to be taken seriously?

Tesla without Musk would be another Apple without any innovation riding safely on mediocre. Eventually it'd be brought into non-existence by big oil and stupid ones who seem ignorant.
It'd be plagued with unions which, speaking mildly, don't really contribute much to production goals. Innovation would be red taped by meetings and managers with their MBAs who would do anything to justify their positions. Tesla's would get many buttons back to navigate through their user interface. Hell, we'd might even get transmissions and engine sounds once Musk is gone.

As an aside, Microsoft Copilot is fun to play with. “Draw me a captain at the helm distracted by an iPhone”:

53786759004_9752d35eaa.jpg

Interestingly, it would not let me insert Elon Musk, saying one or more terms in the request were blocked.

Tesla without Musk would be another Apple without any innovation riding safely on mediocre. Eventually it'd be brought into non-existence by big oil and stupid ones who seem ignorant.
It'd be plagued with unions which, speaking mildly, don't really contribute much to production goals. Innovation would be red taped by meetings and managers with their MBAs who would do anything to justify their positions. Tesla's would get many buttons back to navigate through their user interface. Hell, we'd might even get transmissions and engine sounds once Musk is gone.
Because that is how all other companies are? And the Tesla culture is solely founded on Musk, no other of the 140 000 employees matters in this respect? BTW, if I can get turn signal levers in my Tesla instead of the wheel buttons, I'd be very happy :)

For those of you not on X here is complete list ... nothing has been accomplished in the last 5 years / s🤡

Rundown of what we have achieved since 2018 – under
@elonmusk
's leadership

– Hit 5k Model 3/week
– Model 3 becomes best-selling EV in the US
– Giga Nevada reached annual battery production rate of 20 GWh
– Launched Navigate on Autopilot
– Model 3 becomes the best-selling EV globally

– First deliveries of Model 3 to Europe & China
– Unveiled Model Y
– Unveiled Cybertruck
– Gigafactory Shanghai begins production – just 11 months after breaking ground
– Delivered >367k vehicles globally
– Energy storage surpasses 3.2 GWh deployed globally cumulatively, with 1.65 GWh deployed that year
– Solar Roof V3 launched
– 4k+ new Supercharger stalls installed

– 4680 cell announced at Battery Day
– Tesla becomes most valuable carmaker (>$400 billion market cap)
– Achieved full-year profitability for the first time in company history
– Almost 500k vehicles delivered globally
– 3.02 GWh of energy storage deployed
– Model Y production begins at Fremont
– Giga Shanghai reaches 250k annual production rate
– Launched FSD Beta
– Supercharger network expands to over 23k stalls
– Model 3 becomes world's best-selling premium sedan in Q4

– Delivered >930k vehicles globally
– Energy storage deployments reached 3.99 GWh
– Achieved record annual revenue of $53.8 billion & record annual profit of $5.5 billion
– Unveiled Optimus
– Launched new Model S & X
– 1 millionth Model 3 produced
– Started opening global Supercharger network to all EVs
– 30k+ Supercharger stalls operational worldwide

– Started Model Y deliveries at Giga Berlin & Giga Texas
– Record >1.3 million vehicles delivered that year
– Produced 1 millionth 4680 cell
– First production Semi trucks delivered to PepsiCo.
– Enabled anyone in the US & Canada who has purchased FSD to request FSD Beta
– Model S Plaid sets production car lap record at Nürburgring
– Over 16 GWh of energy storage deployed cumulatively
– Over 40k Supercharger stalls worldwide
– Tesla Insurance expands to multiple US states

– Model Y becomes world's bestselling car
– 1 million Tesla vehicles on the road in Europe
– 20 millionth 4680 cell produced
– 5k/builds production rate hit at Giga Berlin & Giga Texas
– Giga Shanghai reaches production capacity
– 12k+ new Supercharger stalls opened
– Tesla charging connector adopted as NACS
– Powerwall installations started in 4 new countries & 500k installations completed globally
– Launched Powerwall 3
– Upgraded Model 3 launched in Europe & Asia
– First deliveries of
@Cybertruck

– Energy storage deployments surpass 31 GWh cumulative
– Optimus Gen 2 unveiled
– 50k+ Supercharger stalls operational globally
– Launched V4 Supercharger posts

– FSD Supervised using end-to-end neural networks rolls out to customers who have purchased or are subscribed to FSD in the US & Canada
– Upgraded Model 3 deliveries start in North America
– Hit 600k Powerwalls installed globally
– Model Y achieves highest possible safety rating by IIHS
– Produced our 6 millionth vehicle
– Hit >1 billion miles driven on FSD
– Cybertruck production hits 1k/week builds
– 4680 ramp continues successfully
– Developed 3 major design revisions of Optimus & 4 revisions of the hand in the last two years, with Optimus autonomously navigating daily in our office & labs
– Deployed two Optimus bots performing tasks in the factory autonomously
(and it's only June...) :)

To be continued!
I stopped reading at “2020 - 4680 cell announced”.

Because that is how all other companies are? And the Tesla culture is solely founded on Musk, no other of the 140 000 employees matters in this respect? BTW, if I can get turn signal levers in my Tesla instead of the wheel buttons, I'd be very happy :)
There are options coming out for stalks.

There are options coming out for stalks.

Mine's an X Plaid though. I also miss a honk in the middle of the wheel and a more intuitive headlights switch. Maybe if I drove more often I would learn. Also, I am old.

I think the formal name is a “Stop Loss Order”. I think the philosophy is clear from the name.

Mine is just mental at this point. I hope the stock turns around before then, but we’ll see…
"Stop Loss Order" is how Wall Street acquires your shares for cheap. They know exactly where the stop loss orders are and use naked shorting to push the price down below the Stop Loss value. The best Stop Loss Order is no Stop Loss Order. (It does have some value on mature companies sliding downhill, such as GM)