Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I'm off to do horrible medical things for the next week. My father, who is much much more brilliant and insightful than me, thinks Tesla is cheap at this price and is doing fine. As do I. We'll see if the stock price is still artificially depressed in June, or whether leaked delivery numbers start causing buyers to show up.
Best wishes. We'll hold down the fort in you absence.

Elon sent an internal email that said the company would run out of money in 10 months after raising $2.7B
Assuming that Electrek's quotes were accurate, this was misreported by Reuters, then copied by CNBC and perhaps others. According to the quote on Electrek, Musk actually said that Tesla would run out of the $2.2 billion they had in cash at the end of Q1 within 10 months at the Q1 burn rate. In other words, he totally ignores the raise of an extra $2.7billion since then and doesn't mention it in the Electrek quote - but Reuters reported it differently, saying that Musk was commenting that the $2.7billion raised recently would run out within 10 months at the Q1 burn rate.

Assuming that Electrek's quotes were accurate, this was misreported by Reuters, then copied by CNBC and perhaps others. According to the quote on Electrek, Musk actually said that Tesla would run out of the $2.2 billion they had in cash at the end of Q1 within 10 months at the Q1 burn rate. In other words, he totally ignores the raise of an extra $2.7billion since then and doesn't mention it in the Electrek quote - but Reuters reported it differently, saying that Musk was commenting that the $2.7billion raised recently would run out within 10 months at the Q1 burn rate.
Yes but either way it must have crossed Elon's mind that the email would leak (like all the other ones) and that would be twisted in all possible negative ways. I also think that we should consider *some* probability that this a preview of not so good news in the short term.

I didn’t say Tesla will go down the drain without Elon, I said that without him it wouldn’t be where it is now - at the forefront.

By the way, I believe that your attitude towards Tesla/Elon in your posts today is heavily influenced by the fact that you paid more for your car than someone else did.

Well you're entitled to your opinion but I can assure you that you're wrong. I'm not going to further derail the thread with an accounting of the issues with my vehicle that TSLA still haven't addressed or, the last couple of times I've been to TSLA service being made to feel guilty by service advisers about needing expensive warranty work done on the car because that's hurting Tesla's bottom line.

I do track TSLA stock as I've come close to purchasing it a few times in the past but I still don't feel it's a good buy for me right now due to my aversion to risk in my stock purchases (generally I shy away from technology company purchases). Maybe at $180 I would think differently.

Good old elon exaggerating urgency to prove his point. Just like how Tesla was "weeks" from bankruptcy but somehow they managed to always have at least 2 billion dollars in cash every earnings report. ....

I'm hoping to hit the Lottery tonight so I can buy $100 million of TSLA on Monday. This price action is completely insane without any real justification. Any other auto company said they were going to watch expenses after having just raised $2+ billion and the SP would be going vertical.

Sometimes, I hate seeing my predictions come to fruition.

But assuming the worst and Elon's letter is true. Q2 is another cash burning quarter. An increase in vehicle in transit to disassemble the wave. Plus lots of manufacturing issue to sort out like giga battery production. All requires spending.

Getting cash ready for when price meets $180. The interesting bit about this drop is that it is such a beautiful and consistent channel. It is almost machine like in its TA perfection. And right as any bottoming TA gets formed, bad news gets brought out in swarms. Very beautiful.

In a market where price enters unknown territory like this. TA is the best predictor of what happens next.

It’s institutions, and the stock isn’t going back up till institutions start buying again.
I have a dream (pipe dream and it'll never happen). We small retail investors who intend to hold all the way to 0 become large enough to hold a large enough fraction of TSLA (along with Elon and his other faithful) that the institutions that are just gaming the system are locked out. We are also have to stop loaning to shorts. If that were to happen, there would be no need to go private.

Yes but either way it must have crossed Elon's mind that the email would leak (like all the other ones) and that would be twisted in all possible negative ways. I also think that we should consider *some* probability that this a preview of not so good news in the short term.
Sure, it's definitely a possible concern that they are going on a big cost-cutting drive now, and Musk's poor explanation quoted by Electrek could be cover for some other bad news.

I don't even know why we're discussing this AP death. It's obvious to everyone here that if you don't pay attention with AP, you will die. AP is not meant to drive in every situation. End of story.

People discuss AP as if it's crash proof. Even Tesla's safety report said 3.4 million miles per crash. So what happens when AP logs 3.4 miles(which happens every 10hrs on any given day)..we should expect a CRASH. It's not rocket science math here.