Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A battery electric vehicle with 200+ miles base range, base acceleration quicker than most V6 ICE cars, global network of 150kW+ superchargers, perfect 5-star crash safety rating in every category, touchscreen interface and car features that gets better with software updates, starting price of around $35k, total cost of ownership less than that of an Accord or Camry. And I haven’t even mentioned Autopilot. Is that not the very definition of “Sci-Fi”???

Wow what a disaster.

You guys can blame shorts and media all you want, this comes down to lack of execution that the stock ever got this low to begin with. Almost no institution support at these prices is troubling.

My eye is twitching because I actually just agreed with you (for probably the first time ever)! This must be a sign that a strong climb back to 360 is imminent...!

Wow what a disaster.

You guys can blame shorts and media all you want, this comes down to lack of execution that the stock ever got this low to begin with. Almost no institution support at these prices is troubling.

I'm driving this "lack of execution" right now. My sentry stick is filling up with footage of people making a beeline towards the car to check it out.

But yeah, totally no demand.

I don't pay any attention to TA, but, I've observed what appear to me to be some general human behaviors around stock pricing.

My strong sense of past experience is that dropping through a big round number, i.e., $200, is usually followed by an accelerating fall. This is the case even without someone screaming "Code Red" for the headlines to repeat.

I am more than a little optimistic that we are hearing from the quiet, but, large amount of informed rationality following Tesla. They don't make outrageous statements aimed at your nervous system, they don't try to pose a fabricated air of 'intimidation' or 'authority,' they are not willing to say anything whether they believe it to be true or not... but, they sure look like they are here, and we are hearing from them in the stock price.

We need update at annual shareholder assembly that would provide some light at the end of the tunnel and/or good number for Q2 to reverse at this point. Other than that, your guess are as good as mine, often I tried to rationale TSLA share price movement and got surprised by announcement that I would have never thought of.
Please remember that the Annual Meeting is almost always a nothingburger. I can't remember there ever being an unexpected announcement at one.

My timing is crap lately. I see it was a bad idea to take a 3 day weekend, ignoring all things Tesla and the market in general...

Trying to get caught up, and was not surprised to find myself having to skip over tons of those who are always negative on Tesla in other threads on TMC, seeing they have surfaced on this thread. No agenda there.

Falling knives are easy to catch when you have a large enough magnet. Putting someone behind the wheel of a Tesla, then showing them the performance, and more importantly to many, the cost savings over shelling out big dollars to big oil, is a very large magnet.

What's with the talk about losing sleep? If Tesla goes to zero I'll be out about 170k. If it eventually stabilizes back at 290, I'll break even. If it goes to 500 I'll make 130k. If it goes to 1000 I'll make 430k. If it goes sky high one day to 4000 I'm looking at over 2 million profit.

Worst case my retirement is delayed by a couple years. Best case, I retire 10 years early and help support a company on the vanguard of slowing down climate change.

I'm driving this "lack of execution" right now. My sentry stick is filling up with footage of people making a beeline towards the car to check it out.

But yeah, totally no demand.

Did I say no demand? Don’t make ridiculous straw man arguments.

The disaster that was Q1 and the follow up messaging about robo taxi, plus email last week, mixed with China issues led to this.

It’s troubling people react so strongly to mild criticism of the company even after one of its worst quarters ever.

Did I say no demand? Don’t make ridiculous straw man arguments.

The disaster that was Q1 and the follow up messaging about robo taxi, plus email last week, mixed with China issues led to this.

It’s troubling people react so strongly to mild criticism of the company even after one of its worst quarters ever.
The shorts made him write that email to employees. It was all the shorts fault.

But seriously, what was the point of that email? What other company has a CEO who announces that they have 10 months to live unless they reduce employee expenses? Seriously? Why?

Obviously he is doing this on purpose. Someone is building a monstrous position in the background. When over 100% of the company is owned by Saudi’s, it will trigger a 2008 VW like squeeze.

#bagholderquotes :/

It's because we've had this discussion before. We've been discussing it ever since the production/delivery numbers were released. There are six weeks of posts discussing execution.

You wrongly pretend as if you're the only one talking about it. You wrongly make the conclusion that people here are fundamentally blaming the shorts.

If the Q1 numbers were not worse than expected would the SP be as low as it is today? Most likely not. Numbers, good numbers are the only solution to the sagging SP. EM has no credibility with Wall St., and even he had to admit it during the Investor presentation.

Q2 numbers are key, maybe EM knows this and this explains the all hands on deck email. The Q2 numbers are key.

In the mean time, if EM or Tesla was savvy enough (yet to be proven), Tesla would post pics of the new GF3 on their website. Proof positive to Wall Street of actual progress and that Tesla will soon be in a position to mitigate any trade conflicts between the US and China. It would at least stem the negative narrative right now.

Wow what a disaster.

Thanks for the info. I marked your post helpful because doesn't no institution support mean that, once institutions buy back in, it'll cause all the shorts to do their typical short low/buy high behavior? I appreciate the enforcement that now is a time to buy in. ;)

I thought of cutting my losses @ 250. Wifey said hold and let it fly.
This is a real buy signal ... Women(wives/mothers in particular) are the more rational investors ... I cant even count the number of time i was about to liquidate my long AAPL position over the years listening to the FUD about the end of the dominance of the iPhone blah, blah, blah

trying to free up some funds to dollor cost average on the down trend ... love it :D

not advice