Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. Try hiding out or avoid people.. that is what I do these days.

Yep, same here. My head of school is poking fun at me now. He's a big supporter of EVs and the such, but he believes what he reads from the media. I tried to explain and we had a fun back and forth, but still......

Rather than argue, I bought a bright red Model X to go next to the blue 3. I wear a Tesla jacket often.

Yeah, no one has any doubts as to my views on the company.

What will happen will happen. All we can do is analyze the landscape and Tesla's place within it as best we can, place our bets accordingly, and support the company in the meantime.

YOLO.

Lately there has developed a perfect storm of negative coverage of Tesla from analysts and the media resulting in a 50% drop from its all-time high. But it’s not unprecedented. Tesla also fell 50% from September 2014 to February 2016, before nearly tripling into September 2017.

Here’s a report from CNN Business shortly before the low of February 2016. It sounded eerily similar to the noise from the current storm: Tesla's worst nightmare ... cheap gas
Great analogy Curt, thanks for posting. You consistently have some of the most informative posts on this and other boards and I look forward to seeing them.

I'm trying to recall if it was you who linked either an article or a case study about how a firm was brought down by shorts and FUD when it's SP lost around 50% of it's value as kind of a warning/alert of what could happen to TSLA. I believe it was about a year ago. If you happen to recall posting the link I'm sure it would be appreciated if you could post it again. If not, does it ring a bell? I must admit while I am a long long, I am getting a bit nervous about TSLA even as I look forward to what Tesla will hopefully be able to accomplish in the near future.

Thanks

Great analogy Curt, thanks for posting. You consistently have some of the most informative posts on this and other boards and I look forward to seeing them.

I'm trying to recall if it was you who linked either an article or a case study about how a firm was brought down by shorts and FUD when it's SP lost around 50% of it's value as kind of a warning/alert of what could happen to TSLA. I believe it was about a year ago. If you happen to recall posting the link I'm sure it would be appreciated if you could post it again. If not, does it ring a bell? I must admit while I am a long long, I am getting a bit nervous about TSLA even as I look forward to what Tesla will hopefully be able to accomplish in the near future.

Thanks

You're welcome. Sorry, but I don't recall that earlier post, and would not have been the one who wrote it.

Nervousness has swelled at or near price bottoms several times for Tesla shareholders. On the other hand, ebullience becomes prevalent around tops.

You're welcome. Sorry, but I don't recall that earlier post, and would not have been the one who wrote it.

Nervousness has swelled at or near bottoms several times for Tesla. On the other hand, ebullience becomes prevalent around tops.
Thanks Curt. Yeah, been through several of those times too, as my average purchase price is ~$49... this one just reminds me too much of that article or case study and that's what concerns me. And with what I think they can achieve with Maxwell, I'm just hoping they don't run out of time. Plus I got bills to pay and this is not what I thought was going to happen this year. Well, hope I can bull and grin it.

Thanks again Curt and if anyone else remembers the linked article, please let me/us know.

I'll tell you, between Trump, the market, and the fact I couldn't go see the Avengers movie today because the battery in my E320 was dead, I have not had a good day...

ARK just tweeted
https://ark-invest.com/research/tesla-valuation-model?
......We have updated and now are open-sourcing that extract with the following conclusions. Even if full autonomy turns out to be “science fiction” and Tesla cannot produce an autonomous car, ARK estimates that the electric vehicle opportunity alone would boost its stock 2-6 fold from $195 today to $560-$1,200 by 2023. If Tesla does solve for full autonomy, however, and its electric vehicle (EV) production surpasses our bear case estimates, TSLA could scale significantly higher than our previous $4,000* price target during the next five years, thanks to our newly introduced bull case for electric vehicle volumes.....”

Tesla being gutted on stock market is all about China and GF3 more than Trump tariff war.

I have a theory (some will think wacky!) this is the issue: not mentioned by ARK research Very Bullish report

https://ark-invest.com/research/tesla-valuation-model

Reckon this is all about Tesla’s enemies trying to stop the China Gigafactory GF3 bounce later this year.

Enemy list:

Oil industry

Auto industry

MSM Advertising in media

Russia including SpaceX & oil export

And TRUMP AGGRESSION AGAINST CHINA

These are moves to kill ASAP, against one single facility inspirational Californian company. Bears are scared stiff that China production will start and info being less penetrable.

Reckon Musk next move is take international

GF3 China almost there

Carbon credits from EU re FCA used for GF4

List in Asian and European stock exchanges

USA will be dust if Trump continues trade stupidity.

China has offered Musk residency !

Offer at turning of first sods for GF3 in January

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/amp/china-offers-elon-musk-permanent-residency-140417

SpaceX well managed by Gwen Shotwell so Musk not crucial to functioning

Energy Tesla huge international important cf the complex of state based energy companies in the USA. China may also grow Tesla energy free of Trumps tariffs

As for Boring Company - these are big projects which once testing and a couple completed the market is a world market.

Want a laugh at the Shorts:

Just imagine how the Shorts would fare in China - they would lose “social credits” just for speaking out against Tesla - they wouldn’t even be able to rent a push bike!!!!

Thanks Curt. Yeah, been through several of those times too, as my average purchase price is ~$49... this one just reminds me too much of that article or case study and that's what concerns me. And with what I think they can achieve with Maxwell, I'm just hoping they don't run out of time. Plus I got bills to pay and this is not what I thought was going to happen this year. Well, hope I can bull and grin it.

Thanks again Curt and if anyone else remembers the linked article, please let me/us know.

Does this help?

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019 Investors' Roundtable

We have Cramer on video talking about how in the hedge fund world, a basic tool (says he does not know how you could be in the business if you don't use it) is to create a false narrative and get into the media. Call up the WSJ & CNBC (even named one of the "reporters" there) and get your false narrative out there.

Cramer diversifies from hedge fund world and... founds a financial media outlet, Street.com, where he, and Wahlman among others, pump out falsehoods.

Business Insider where Linette Lopez (among others) pounded out Tesla false narratives... created by Henry Blodget, a guy kicked out of the securities industry for violations.

Cramer laid out his playing the game where SEC violating market actors (he even explicitly said the tactics are illegal... but the SEC doesn't understand them so you do it anyway) are on one side, and media on the other.

Again all of this can be seen in a YouTube video (posted here many, many times).

Shocking that it appears the likes of Blodget, Wahlman, and Cramer simply moved from one side of the arrangement to play this game to the other?

Hard to imagine CNBC doesn't know about this.

Not a good look for CNBC or Cramer if this became widely known to the public. If it were really known, I don't see CNBC keeping him on air. That video is about 10,000X as incriminating as anything Elon has done.

Reactions: wipster
Tesla being gutted on stock market is all about China and GF3 more than Trump tariff war.

I have a theory (some will think wacky!) this is the issue: not mentioned by ARK research Very Bullish report

Reckon this is all about Tesla’s enemies trying to stop the China Gigafactory GF3 bounce later this year.

Enemy list:

Oil industry

Auto industry

MSM Advertising in media

These are moves to kill ASAP, against one single facility inspirational Californian company. Bears are scared stiff that China production will start and info being less penetrable.

GF3 China almost there

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/amp/china-offers-elon-musk-permanent-residency-140417

Energy Tesla huge international important cf the complex of state based energy companies in the USA. China may also grow Tesla energy free of Trumps tariffs

As for Boring Company - these are big projects which once testing and a couple completed the market is a world market.

Just imagine how the Shorts would fare in China - they would lose “social credits” just for speaking out against Tesla - they wouldn’t even be able to rent a push bike!!!!

Not sure about all of your theory :p but i 100% think that bears, shorts, and everyone that needs Tesla to fail are throwing absolutely everything they can at thr stock and FUD because they know once giga 3 becomes operational , it means big things for production capacity, delivery logistics, and chinese demand(due to much lower retail price)

I took a drive with my Model 3. The car is absolutely amazing after 16,000 miles, more amazing than when I bought her. Everyone who test drove my car was deeply impressed and wants to buy one. Whatever the analysts say, I'm convinced this car is the future. It's demand will go very high down the road. So this is what I'm going to do: as long as Elon keeps his shares, I will keep mine. If he buys more, I will buy more.

Production of the 3 in Shanghai will open up EV incentives for them, which they cannot enjoy now.

Probably not, or not for long: The Government of China is in the process of phasing out all EV subsidies in favor of strict rules requiring minimun proportion of sales to be 'New Energy Vehicles' (NEVs).

China Reduces Electric Car Subsidies, Increases Vehicle Tech Requirements

It won't matter a bit though. The Chinese market will eagerly soak up every single Tesla produced there, x3. I expect phases 2+3 at GF3/Shanghai to be built in short order after Model 3 production begins, and for Tesla to be a full production with all 3 phases by the time the existing EV incentives are phased out.

'China fast'? Yes, and 'Shanghai Faster'.

Cheers!

Enemy list:

Oil industry

Auto industry

MSM Advertising in media

GF3 China almost there

As Chinese background, I totally agree with you. There are two unique things need to mention.

Chinese stock market are short forbidden.

Chinese media are highly central control. FUD will not allowed.