Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The price dropped hard in Feb 2016 and pierced the bottom of the BB like a needle. You can see what happened after that. Just did it again this week.... Don't know if reversal happens tomorrow or next week. (Not advice...)
61EQtdjmToORJAKSGNX8ew.jpg me3DDOMhRem9dfayUhwOEA.jpg

Great analogy Curt, thanks for posting. You consistently have some of the most informative posts on this and other boards and I look forward to seeing them.

I'm trying to recall if it was you who linked either an article or a case study about how a firm was brought down by shorts and FUD when it's SP lost around 50% of it's value as kind of a warning/alert of what could happen to TSLA. I believe it was about a year ago. If you happen to recall posting the link I'm sure it would be appreciated if you could post it again. If not, does it ring a bell? I must admit while I am a long long, I am getting a bit nervous about TSLA even as I look forward to what Tesla will hopefully be able to accomplish in the near future.

Thanks

For everyone's reference, that insurance firm was Fairfax Financial. There's an entire TMC thread about it: Elon Musk vs. Short sellers

I heard they have something called "water army", they can spread rumor on social networks like crazy.
Yeah that’s true but if you’re the favourite business of gov. They won’t let this happened.
My only advice for Elon is hire some talented people to improve the quality of the manufacturing.
Learn from apple. Benefit the local supply chains and create tons of jobs, then the gov will keen to give him whatever he wants.

Reactions: reardencode
Adam Jonas was so bullish back in 2016 that he gave a robotaxi presentation. So as Tesla is getting closer to robotaxi deployment, why is he suddenly bearish??

The clue is in his question at the Q1 ER call - Force Elon to go private & generate fees for his merchant banking mates on the other side of the Chinese wall .. Wall st is as hungry as ever for the next bonus, at the expense of humanity.

Bullish Adam Jonas robotaxi presentation

S Padival on Twitter

He has China GF3 - which will send shock waves with first car produced
Just wait.
And shorts will not be able to feed on info from GF3
Having recently visited Shanghai and was able to visit a factory(not Tesla) it was super clean, efficient and had excellent quality control. I think that cars produced there might be superior in fit and finish. People might complain that they want a Shanghai sourced Tesla instead and have a longer wait...

I was also able to visit a very large hospital in Shanghai 3500 beds and the efficiency in imaging (CTs and MRIs) was at least 3x to 6x better from patient handling to image acquisition...

Having recently visited Shanghai and was able to visit a factory(not Tesla) it was super clean, efficient and had excellent quality control. I think that cars produced there might be superior in fit and finish. People might complain that they want a Shanghai sourced Tesla instead and have a longer wait...

Remember that Elon has said that GF3 will only be making the SR Model 3 variant. All LR/AWD/Performance variants will still be made in Fremont and imported into China. (Of course they could always change their plans.)

Adam Jonas was so bullish back in 2016 that he gave a robotaxi presentation. So as Tesla is getting closer to robotaxi deployment, why is he suddenly bearish??

The clue is in his question at the Q1 ER call - Force Elon to go private & generate fees for his merchant banking mates on the other side of the Chinese wall .. Wall st is as hungry as ever for the next bonus, at the expense of humanity.

Bullish Adam Jonas robotaxi presentation

S Padival on Twitter

Bringing down Tesla, also means propping up Uber/Rivian etc.

This Bonnie tweet has people referring to a shared TSLAQ block list. So I don't get it. How can they call longs an echo chamber when they block all opposing points of view permanently? I mean I know there is banning here but generally not permanent and it certainly takes a while before it happens. It really is amazing to me.

Because TSLAQ don't care about any bullish views and they don't like us popping-up on their twitter feed and commenting on their posts with the facts that refute their BS. They are there to scare people out of $TSLA, to put people off buying a Tesla and to smear the company.

Most of them aren't actually short on the company and never have been, they're just haters or recruited trolls.

As Ross G. said yesterday, they are the "scum of the Earth", personally I think he's being too kind.

Nice, but these orders are a product of Canadian subsidies and incentives like Q4 in the US.

Is there anyplace Tesla sales have been on fire without subsidies? Is there any chance of more tax subsidies in the US? That might be what it takes to get Tesla sales and the stock going again.
Switzerland. No subsidy at all. Massive sales.