Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of us, and then we'll spread it. Would help a lot, at basically zero cost.
Feels like the effect will be limited. Anybody you can talk to you probably already talk to, just a convenience of not having each of us dig for the same answers separately.

The encouraging factor is he said they sell everything they can make and not ready to take on additional complexities yet.
That means more owners & more referrals meanwhile, so the outlook could change before the advertising is needed, but sure does not feel comfortable to hear all the BS every day.

I wish somebody at these meetings would ask how they decide to locate service centres/chargers and when they plan to fill the holes in the US like the Dakotas.
From the meeting, it seems like superchargers and service centers are recognized by Tesla as a key driver of demand. Elon talked about Trans-Canada highway for example which does not appear to be densely populated in large stretches.

Reactions: wipster
"We are selling more cars than we can make". Exactly what I've said before, advertising would make things worse.

This makes no sense ... it means the FUD is somehow helping Tesla not to have to much demand now.
It is not about the current demand, it is about the brand image.
That image is already hurting due to the FUD and it will continue to do so if elon continues doing nothing about it.

He completely missed the question and started repeating the facts.
The image has nothing to do with facts, it has to do with what you are saying about yourself.
If you are being quite than everything that is left is what others are saying about you.

What I liked hearing most:
1) Iterated that Q2 is on par with Q4 last year
2) 90% of orders are non-reservation holders

With only a few weeks left, there shouldn't be much doubt for this quarter, and the orders from such a large percentage of non-reservation holders implies sustainable growth and demand for subsequent quarters.

again. advertising would be of negative value at this point. thanks for clarifying elon

we get the good intentions of those that want to fight fud with advertising. but as JRP and fact checking just pointed out, there’s other ways, also discussed earlier in meeting...

good meeting. don’t know what it’s going to mean for short term price action, but we are on great path, as we already knew, long term. i really wish they’d get those damn lines in GF1 running at a good clip, would go a long way for getting extra $ for Y and semi going. even for use in TE..

teslagal and boomer were hounding me a bit while listening. i’ll rewatch later for more detail.

I'll repeat: a large, large quantity of people think global warming is not caused by humans. That's a problem. Current approach doesn't change those folks' minds.

Do you really think a few infomercials will be able to counter the powerful, targeted affinity fraud that was able to convince and polarize a lot of people?

Didn't you hear PETA lady said it is not humans it's animals causing global warming

Anyone here claiming to buy Teslas because they care about climate change but then turn around and criticize the woman from PETA are complete hypocrites....
It's a little ridiculous to pick on Tesla over leather steering wheels when there are much bigger fish to fry! I thought Elon handled her questions well. If you want to be an environmental Puritan, there's always plenty to pick on, like why it's taking so long to put more solar panels on GF1, why GF3 will be using natural gas, etc. It's important instead to focus on the big picture.

Anyone here claiming to buy Teslas because they care about climate change but then turn around and criticize the woman from PETA are complete hypocrites....
OT but..... you can be for animal welfare and be against PETA. Honestly PETA sucks big time. They are the NRA of animal groups. (You can love guns and be against the NRA too).

OT but..... you can be for animal welfare and be against PETA. Honestly PETA sucks big time. They are the NRA of animal groups. (You can love guns and be against the NRA too).

Agreed. But her point was valid. Even leaving animal welfare aside, leather is really bad for the environment.

Anyway, back on topic. This shareholder meeting makes me really happy I added a lot more during this crazy dip. The future is bright!

This makes no sense ... it means the FUD is somehow helping Tesla not to have to much demand now.
It is not about the current demand, it is about the brand image.
That image is already hurting due to the FUD and it will continue to do so if elon continues doing nothing about it.

He completely missed the question and started repeating the facts.
The image has nothing to do with facts, it has to do with what you are saying about yourself.
If you are being quite than everything that is left is what others are saying about you.
Don't you think he knows that? It almost drove him nuts, literally, at times last year and early this year. One thing that was encouraging today, at least in getting the message across that it affects Tesla advocates as well, was the large amount of applause that followed that question being asked. I think he's frustrated as hell by the huge amount of FUD out there, but doesn't have an answer that will satisfy everyone. Actually I don't know if there is a central solution. But one thing that has been mentioned that I agree with is establishing a marketing team whose sole goal is the enhancement of the Tesla brand. I hope the management team and the board can establish and follow through with that.

Seriously. I can has?
aquacar-lndcp2.jpg

Advertising is expensive and won't necessarily solve the problem. I think more down home Tesla sponsored weekend shows, in conjunction with the local Tesla owners groups, would be a better way to address the problem, with local news coverage paramount.

I think just hiring a smart, clever PR person to figure out what to do is the thing Tesla should do. And if that person doesn't succeed... hire a different one.