Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be interesting now to see how they ramp up. We know 3 rampup wasn't good - and they had no experience. Is GF3 going to be better ?

May be they will do some token production in Q4 - and capitalize all the labor cost. Q1 '20 is when the production starts in earnest.

Note that Q1 is where the lunar new year usually lands, so expect any production ramp to be tempered by 2 weeks of factory downtime.

Porsche says

“More than half of the people that are signing up for the Taycan have not owned or do not own a Porsche. Typically, if we look at our source of business, people coming from other brands, it’s Audi, BMW, or Mercedes. The no. 1 brand now is Tesla. That’s pretty interesting, to see that people that were curious about the Tesla for very good reasons obviously don’t stop being curious.”

Porsche says Tesla owners are the top Taycan reservation holders - Electrek

Every time I see a Model 3 owner looking over their reading glasses studying the display screen trying to figure things out I wince.

I think it is very naive to think Porsche will not take any sales from Tesla where it seems Gen II vehicles are demand constrained. Not everyone that pays $80k plus for a vehicle is willing to accept polyurethane seat covers and rubber steering wheels.

I've got to ask: Have you been asleep for the past four years?

That's right RobStark, with all due respect, do we want the ignorants buying Teslas? Is that the brand image you seek?

Frankly, it's far better to send 'em to Porsche if they're that stupid and uninformed.

Please, get educated on why Tesla exists, and how to be a part of the solution. Not only does your TSLA investment count on that, so does our entire friggin' planet's future:

The Amazon is burning because the world eats so much meat - CNN

And:

COWSPIRACY: The Sustainability Secret

And:

14 Things the Leather Industry Doesn't Want You to See | PETA

Motion to set the debate for the bill to block a no-deal Brexit passed with a sizeable majority. The vote will happen tomorrow, and can be expected to fall along similar lines. The attempt to keep conservative MPs in line with threatening to kick them out of the party appears to have backfired.

Boris says he'll call an election if it passes. The results would be before the Brexit date.

Motion to set the debate for the bill to block a no-deal Brexit passed with a sizeable majority. The vote will happen tomorrow, and can be expected to fall along similar lines. The attempt to keep conservative MPs in line with threatening to kick them out of the party appears to have backfired.

Boris says he'll call an election if it passes. The results would be before the Brexit date.

Does Boris really want Brexit, or is he just a pompous Brat ?

Just had a cardiac arrest when I looked at the after hours quote and saw 210,42, minus 6,5%. I couldn't find any news and when I refreshed it was back to 225,11. Those glitches are unhealthy.

Knipsel.PNG

Norway had 80 delivery yesterday and 102 delivery today

Mere peanuts. Wait for the last weeks of the month.

But it's nice to see 15-20 Model X Raven (and some Model S Raven) deliveries in Norway every day. I also see trailers with Model S and X every day now, driving from the Tilburg factory eastwards.

I think the world markets no longer care. All the histrionics cost the Brexit the attention it was getting.

If something actually happens (no deal exit or a deal), the market may move by half a percent or so.

It may be fair to say that the market has given up trying to predict Brexit, but they absolutely do care about the outcome. The UK the world's sixth largest economy - nearly fifth.

Does Boris really want Brexit, or is he just a pompous Brat ?

Can definitely confirm he is a pompous brat. Also, very, very, very stupid. Posh bluster and lots of blonde hair is no substitute for actual intelligence. The man has never uttered a sensible sentence. Its a mystery to me how such a buffoon can have (temporarily) become our PM. Hopefully this idiot becomes a footnote in history. It does look like things are crumbling around him. I cant see him winning an election. He has MANY political enemies, even on the right. Brexit could yet be cancelled.

Can definitely confirm he is a pompous brat. Also, very, very, very stupid. Posh bluster and lots of blonde hair is no substitute for actual intelligence. The man has never uttered a sensible sentence. Its a mystery to me how such a buffoon can have (temporarily) become our PM. Hopefully this idiot becomes a footnote in history. It does look like things are crumbling around him. I cant see him winning an election. He has MANY political enemies, even on the right. Brexit could yet be cancelled.
I thought for sure you were talking about someone else, right up to the PM and Brexit comment.

Yet, in the long term, oil prices at $60 wouldn’t be competitive in the transportation sector because they won’t be able to compete with electric vehicles (EVs), BNP Paribas Asset Management said in a research note last month.
The long-term breakeven oil price needs to be as low as $9 or $10 a barrel so that gasoline cars can remain competitive as a means of transportation in the future, according to the research report, authored by Mark Lewis, Global Head of Sustainability Research at BNP Paribas Asset Management

The price can’t fall much below cost, certainly not for extended periods. From memory a certain ex member estimated it could only fall to around mid $30s.

Basically, it is physically not possible for (deep) oil to compete with cheap long-lasting energy-dense fast-charging batteries. This is really good news. Beware of publications reporting it as bad news, or denying the new reality.

Last edited:
The UK is going to a general election as a proxy for a referendum, with Tories campaigning to Brexit, deal or no deal, on 31 October.

The 21 Tory MPs that rebelled against the government today will be deselected.

The polls look good for the Conservatives and bad for Labour/Liberal Democrats.

If the Conservatives win a majority they can repeal the anti-Brexit legislation in a day.

Not sure why people think this is a given. 2/3rd majority is not easy to get. Boris would have to resign to force an election and someone else can form a government.

Because Boris is calling for an election?

"I don’t want an election but if MPs vote tomorrow to stop the negotiations and to compel another pointless delay of Brexit, potentially for years, then that will be the only way to resolve this. I can confirm that tonight we will are tabling a motion under the Fixed-term Parliaments Act."

Theresa May (photographed leaving Parliament after Boris lost the vote) seems really bummed by the outcome. ;)

1507.jpg

Last edited: