Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
very nice Porsche Taycan review, with small overview of production hall

That's not a review, that's an ad. Do you follow Tesla AT ALL? This is tech that's mostly years old as far as Tesla goes.

That said, I think it's a beautiful car that will get a lot of very wealthy ICE enthusiasts, people who mostly would never have otherwise gone to EVs, make the switch. Bravo, Porsche, for helping Tesla on their mission.

Funny all this angst about the Porsche Taycan. It’s a Porsche, enough said. If you are a car guy , you get it, if you are a tree hugger you don’t.

Range? If you are dropping $200k on a Taycan, you are using the 2nd or 3rd car, whatever that may be to go on long trips.

The idea of a Porsche as a weekend car and not a trip car, holds water for the smaller Boxster/Cayman and 911 sports cars. It does not hold true for the Panamera class Taycan. I would imagine people would love to road trip in it if it was as cheap to charge and had the range and driver’s assist of a Tesla.

Reactions: SpaceCash
German TV has a good documentary on the auto industry, but fails to mention the elephant in the room (Tesla)

Germany's most disturbing car technology

thFV5.gif

I think that's a finger to those who waited for two years thinking it would be $85k.

There was a small * on the price and order page dis, the $85K version is the gas version to be released before the EV.
On the prebuilt side, the $2k relocation fee is before purchase and non-refundable.

There was Tesla language previously that made the deposit nonrefundable after you were matched with a VIN due to the costs associated with building and delivering your custom S/X. The order/ deposit called out the documents and had a 'if you click this you confirm you read the documents below' . Don't know of anyone who had to fight in court to get a deposit back though.

CA law overrides any nonsense Tesla may put in their contract. Tesla can call it what they want but last time I checked in CA there is no such thing as non-refundable anything no mater how it's written with the terms above. Retailers also make up silly warranty claims but CA law makes it null and void. Tesla does not get to make rules that invalidate state laws. Parking lot tickets have contracts on them that people accept as rule yet they are unsigned and invalid.

Hope you guys are listening to the climate townhall on cnn. It’s very worth doing so.
Nation Begs Jesus To Return Before Democrats' 7-Hour Town Hall On Climate Change :)

Getting back on topic, I agree with @KarenRei @dc_h and a couple others that the US and Europe numbers look pretty good. I'd normally caution that they might be unwinding the wave and we shouldn't expect such a big 3rd month jump, but from all indications the wave is still in full force. They even stopped mentioning plans to unwind it in the earnings release. As I said earlier, they're on track for a near-100k quarter.

That's not a review, that's an ad. Do you follow Tesla AT ALL? This is tech that's mostly years old as far as Tesla goes.

That said, I think it's a beautiful car that will get a lot of very wealthy ICE enthusiasts, people who mostly would never have otherwise gone to EVs, make the switch. Bravo, Porsche, for helping Tesla on their mission.

Following since seeing that, far before Model S came around

Reactions: M|S|W and AZRI11
I noticed the same thing in Market Watch's article. While it tries to pretend that the Taycan is somehow a threat to the Model S, they also acknowledge (albeit buried in the article) that there is a considerable price difference and that the performance model S outperforms the Taycan. Heck, they even failed to point out that the Taycan has "repeatable" performance so I can see Porsche gnashing their teeth over that omission...

Tesla should create a "gimp" mode (or at least announce that maybe they will) that dials the power down to match the Taycan acceleration. The Raven S would probably be just as "repeatable" in such a mode. I can see the menu now: choose gimp-like-a-Taycan, insane or ludicrous.

Following since seeing that, far before Model S came around

Okay, then I'm confused how you think that was a good Taycan review. Maybe you think it was good in ways that I don't. No comparisons, zero objectivity, and VERY long shots of the Taycan just driving on roads in the mountains.

I'd love to take a Taycan for a spin. I'm sure it's a lot of fun. Porsche seems to have done their homework and gone for model 3 P in a form factor that appeals to the types of people that would prefer an S. Smart on their part.

Hopefully, it gets more people thinking about viability of EVs in general, even if that means Porsche benefits a bit from that. But this just grows the pie as far as I can see. Can't wait for VAG to spend more ad dollars on general EV promotion. They've put ads on local radio in my location without significant (or any?) mention of brand - I think I had to look the ads up to find out it was done by VAG.

As a reminder, the known QTD growth so far:

US
M3: 26580 (24000): +11%
MX: 3050 (2425): +26%
MS: 2025 (1850): +9%

Europe (month2 UK/PT/FR/Other data missing)
M3: 6484 (6124): +5,9%
MX: 746 (807): -7,6%
MS: 944 (809): +16,7%

Canada (month1 data only)
M3: 1108 (992): +12%
MX: 69 (58): +19%
MS: 35 (47): -26%

Overall, it looks great.
The numbers you are using aren't known. Many of them are estimates. The US numbers specifically. Even much of the EU data is based on guesses. So they could be low or they could be high....

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
Tesla should create a "gimp" mode (or at least announce that maybe they will) that dials the power down to match the Taycan acceleration. The Raven S would probably be just as "repeatable" in such a mode. I can see the menu now: choose gimp-like-a-Taycan, insane or ludicrous.

probably not a road Tesla wants to go down -- Porsche could introduce their own "gimp" mode that dramatically cuts power after half a lap, to match the Model S's track endurance. :/