Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For what it's worth, max pain is down to 232.50 (from 240.00 on Monday).
Opricot Open Interest|Volume|Max Pain

Yeah, M/P won't matter with this level of volume: 1M shares traded within 20 min of the news, now 3.6 shares since the news which is equal to the entire day's volume BEFORE the news. And its squeezy out today...

SP: $240.37 as I write​

Cheers!

• “Even in a market like China, where EV models are commonplace ... Teslas are among the only electric vehicles (EVs) that consumers actually want to buy,” Piper Jaffray said.
Of course, China gets it. Is it safe to say that China doesn't have the same Media influence from big oil? ... with false stories removed and likely rare (assumptions here). So then people are getting more of the truth in China as a result, if so. We all know it's the best car on earth, and so does China, I love this!

Anyone seen a <duck hunter> in China? I think the US will turn out to have the slowest-to-adopt curve in terms of % capable of buying Teslas vs actual sales by country. It would appear the Scandinavian countries are leading so far in this "capable growth" curve.

Volume is off the chain: 4.00 M shares now traded in 1hr 7min... lot's of money has been sitting on the sideline waiting for this:

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2019-09-26.14.19.png

Bozz Shortz paniking. Fears 2morrow's open after margin calls. Spending $$$ like a drunken sailor to try to kap this orbital-class equity. :D

Big P&D report coming in about 2-3 trading days. Purr-fect timing for us catz.

Cheers!

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Elon sandbag the numbers a bit in his Q2 email leak? If so, its possible 100k is very likely and over 100k is probable.

Even if they don't hit 100k but beat Q2 numbers, it is still a significant accomplishment.

While I agree, caution is strongly advised.

So if Tesla is getting 110,000 orders in the quarter, and they're currently delivering 100,000 *without* GF3 producing cars, aren't they going to need to goose their demand a bit? Or are the orders naturally going to increase once GF3 starts production?

As others have said GF3 will allow Model 3 to be priced more competitively, spurring demand in China. As for other markets--demand will continue to grow organically as there are more cars on the road. The best kind of marketing is Tesla owners showing their friends and family first-hand how awesome the product is. That effect scales exponentially with production.

I don't remember. Did it talk about specific delivery numbers like this current leak?
From what I recall (a little fuzzy at this point), it was an email from the CFO saying they still had 30k cars to be delivered within the last few weeks of the quarter. At that point, TMC believed it was bullish as we thought there were already 40k-50k deliveries in that Q, when in reality, it was closer to 30k.

Reactions: Doggydogworld
⛴ Morten Grove on Twitter
10:06 GMT Glovis Courage arrived in the UK supposedly with another shipment of RHD #Model3 for the UK
Maybe these are the cars TeslaQ said were being dropped somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic. In an incredible turn of events they are now raising them and selling them to unsuspecting customers. #rustgate