Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might help EV and particularly Tesla sales in Canada (possibly like Norway strong even)! The NDP who would prop up the Liberal minority government proposed eliminating the federal sales tax on EVs. That's worth I believe 5% [corrected not 7% thanks @Chasingmars ] so significant for Tesla with near-luxury/luxury pricing. And keeping on top of that is the $5000 CAD direct to dealer/manufacturer incentive that already exists. So if the NDP and also the 3 seat Green party push the EV / renewables agenda, there could be a much stronger mini-Norway situation in Canada in the next 4 years.

More important is the provincial luxury sales tax for vehicles above 125k, which makes BC a model 3 province only from now on

• Disagree
Reactions: UncaNed
Elon:

F8C6B0C2-AA13-40A2-AC9A-39C0B54DDAEA.jpeg

???

Per reddit he is referencing Andrew Yang's Washington Post interview. I think Elon is saying US needs to give China more carrot & less stick:

Yang's Washington Post interview with Robert Costa : YangForPresidentHQ

70percentCACAO

4 points·2 hours ago

Killed! Very good interview; asked tough questions; pressed to get a direct response. Would have liked the Uighurs mentioned, but the same applies; a carrot & stick approach will be needed to improve Chinese policy. Still a solid interview. Appreciate how much Bezos is mentioned & the ownership of The Washington Post clarified (even if it was late into the interview).

nakaninano

1 point·27 minutes ago

I just saw musks tweet about more carrot less stick. Was Andrews line in the interview about the right combination of carrots and sticks regarding China? I’ve heard musk speak very favorably of China and just wondering if he was suggesting being nicer to them. Thanks.

I don't have a good feeling for Wednesday..

I do. I want the stock to stay low for the next few months while I continue to accumulate. I want the run-up, when it comes, to be quick and violent like in 2013, to extract maximum dollars from shorts and manipulators.

I doubt that such a violent pop will come from Wednesday. More likely is next year after Battery Day or self-driving breakthroughs or some other game-changing announcement. The longer the wait, the better for me.

I don't mean to be flippant about the stress of watching your brokerage account shrivel for no good reason. It sucks. But I'm confident that Tesla is out of danger now, and will reward patient investors in a stupendous way. To reduce the stress of red days, I recommend what I have done:

1) Look at the quality of the analysts who have high conviction in TSLA (Ron Baron, ARK Invest, and many folks here) vs the intellectual and ethical quality of the bears (Spiegel, Chanos, etc.) and volatility milkers (Jonas, etc.).

2) Look at the quality of Tesla's products: their intelligence, creativity, and astonishing rate of improvement.

3) Look at the size of the markets Tesla is disrupting and plans to disrupt.

4) Look at the quality of the management and employees they are attracting. (SpaceX and Tesla are the most desirable employers for engineers, and are hiring only 1% of job applicants.)

5) Look at the boldness of Tesla's ambitions and innovations (new products and patents, vertical integration, "thinking from first principles", etc.).

6) Look at the environmental and social conditions favoring Tesla's growth (worsening climate change, tightening pollution regulations, rising populations of environmentally and computer savvy, etc.).

7) Look how far ahead of the competition Tesla is, as estimated by experts and proved by competing products.

I don't have time and skills to analyze balance sheets, shipping and sales reports, or technology details. I rely on the talented folks here for that. But I've seen enough to know that Tesla is a growth and innovation juggernaut unlike any company in modern history, including Apple. That is the forest that gives me confidence. The daily drama is fun to speculate and commiserate about, but it is trees and shrubbery.

Remember, 1 day delayed (EVs) = $2.75b in the oil market.

I'm quoting myself, but where did this come from? I think I was quoting someone else here?

This keeps me grounded in reality. My brother and I just spent hours trying to figure out how a bottomless pit of money could prevent a short squeeze. His answer was to use profits to buy-back shares.

At one point, I argued that they could both short and hold shares, manipulate each for a different effect. Sounds crazy, but who knows.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I'm quoting myself, but where did this come from? I think I was quoting someone else here?

This keeps me grounded in reality. My brother and I just spent hours trying to figure out how a bottomless pit of money could prevent a short squeeze. His answer was to use profits to buy-back shares.

At one point, I argued that they could both short and hold shares, manipulate each for a different effect. Sounds crazy, but who knows.
Jack Richard from EVTV

Jack Richard from EVTV

It's Jack Rickard. I know it's only one letter different but when Karen called him "Jack Richard" with no real context that I could identify him with, I had no idea who she was talking about.

One name is two first names, the other isn't.;)

And yes, I believe oil money is messing with TSLA stock. Whatever happened to that claim from last week that there was more info on this? Was it a court filing or a piece of investigative journalism?