Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good gracious I can't wait to see Mark Spiegel's next financial update. I have no idea how diversified his fund is, but I get the feeling that he let his emotions get the best of him and went deeper and deeper into his Tesla short position (especially a few months ago when the SP was down and he was feeling like a genius). When a professional money manager makes personal, degrading statements about a CEO, and that is the basis of their investment position, you know they aren't thinking rationally. I can't believe the people who have money invested with him didn't pull out immediately. His hatred of all things Elon Musk has destroyed any ability he ever had to invest with a sound mind.

If he has gone off the deep end with his Tesla short position, there's a good chance he has wiped out every penny his fund has ever made. Granted, he was already lagging the market in every single metric. And he WAS betting his entire fund on the economy collapsing, but I get a feeling that he has such a large short position in Tesla that only the collapse of Tesla would save him now. If so, the SEC really needs to keep an eye on him.

Anyone have any real insight? I'm just going off intuition and observation. I have no idea what his position in Tesla is.

This is getting a little ridiculous. Taking some chips off the table at open. That will guarantee $700 next week

Thanks
I did the opposite, bought some leveraged Mini Futures premarket (for those interested: Vontobel Hebelprodukte | derinet® Schweiz)
I guess these are not for sale stateside.

So much good news lately, getting tired of winning ; )

This is so bizarre, the people who do this. Never seen even the remotest hint of what the truck looks like and what features it will offer for what price, but all ready to judge its appearance, market appeal, difficulty to manufacture, etc just from a few vague tweets. What sort of person does this? And can't you just wait literally less than one week

So bizarre that it's literally what everyone do here every day. Maxwell was bought and people extrapolated that Tesla will put ultra capacitors in Semi while scaling up cell production to 100x what it is today due to some slides.

Elon lands somewhere and people speculate that gigafactory announcement imminent.

It's called speculation..it's okay to have bearish speculation too you know. Tesla literally doesn't have a positive track record for releasing things on time due to simple engineering except the Model Y and that's literally their simplest engineering effort for a particular product.

But hey maybe it'll look like Truckla, a model 3 with a flat bed like the one built on YouTube am I right?

Last edited:
Wow, nice find!

For reference here's what happened to AMZN over the next 10 years:

The violet rectangle marks the first AMZN chart you posted.
Oh, snap. I knew I needed to buy another few million shares.
Yes. It definitely had been on my To Do list.

Wait a second I'm having Swedish word flashbacks... Doesn't "Brand" mean "fire" in germanic languages?

Please tell me "Branden" means something different! :eek:
Right, it is bombed out land planted into conifer plantations. There are really no old growth forest in most of Europe but even less in Germany and Brandenburg..forget it. Everything has been harvested as you are looking at high population density for over a thousand years. Not just harvested once but dozens of times in most places. The forest were planned to support paper and forest products industry. Slow growing mature conifer forest is not locking up more carbon, until harvest and replanting that site has done all it can. If wetlands they can offer other benefits though.

The US has pockets of old growth on east coast, not much though. Most is in the west. We manage forest lands for a living, gardening away.

• Informative
Reactions: capster
Meanwhile, in a galaxy far, far away:

Honda’s CEO Says EVs Will Not Become Mainstream Anytime Soon

In an interview with Automotive News, Takahiro Hachigo, Honda CEO and president, said, "I don't believe [EVs] will become mainstream anytime soon".

Globally, Hachigo doesn't think there will be a "dramatic increase" for full electric vehicles as "there are issues with infrastructure and hardware".​

Now that statement should arguably be investigated by the SEC, for breach of fiduciary duty at worst, and for extreme stupidity at best.

So Germany’s unions “welcome” Tesla while UAW does all in its power to destroy Tesla and choke production of EV’s in the U.S.. (see my earlier post, set up for long term Euro auto win)

Fire Away!
They welcome tesla like they welcomed opal and ford in 1946. Any port in a storm. Once the sky cleared...they were not such nice partners.

In an interview with Automotive News, Takahiro Hachigo, Honda CEO and president, said, "I don't believe [EVs] will become mainstream anytime soon".

Globally, Hachigo doesn't think there will be a "dramatic increase" for full electric vehicles as "there are issues with infrastructure and hardware".​

Now that statement should arguably be investigated by the SEC, for breach of fiduciary duty at worst, and for extreme stupidity at best.
Japan has head buried so deep in the hole it is bizzare. Just...bizzare.

Well, if you set the bar for "breach of fiduciary duty and extreme stupidity" at the SEC level, Honda's president doesn't seem so bad.

Good gracious I can't wait to see Mark Spiegel's next financial update. I have no idea how diversified his fund is, but I get the feeling that he let his emotions get the best of him and went deeper and deeper into his Tesla short position (especially a few months ago when the SP was down and he was feeling like a genius). When a professional money manager makes personal, degrading statements about a CEO, and that is the basis of their investment position, you know they aren't thinking rationally. I can't believe the people who have money invested with him didn't pull out immediately. His hatred of all things Elon Musk has destroyed any ability he ever had to invest with a sound mind.

If he has gone off the deep end with his Tesla short position, there's a good chance he has wiped out every penny his fund has ever made. Granted, he was already lagging the market in every single metric. And he WAS betting his entire fund on the economy collapsing, but I get a feeling that he has such a large short position in Tesla that only the collapse of Tesla would save him now. If so, the SEC really needs to keep an eye on him.

Anyone have any real insight? I'm just going off intuition and observation. I have no idea what his position in Tesla is.

Haven’t checked in at least a year, but, over the years his “hedge fund,” had at most $10 million in assets under management.

Mark’s appearances on CNBC, in the NYT, etc, seem to only be the result of a someone at on an outlet’s production team being tasked with finding someone who can technically be referred to as a “fund manager” who would bash Tesla with abandon. Rummaging through Seeking Alpha trash blogs then turned up Mark.

That and/or the likes of Jim Chanos sent Mark to the CNBC’s of the world.

It’s largely infomercials at these outlets, and Mark was spotted by their talent scouts as a great pitchman for the “Tesla/Elon/Tesla products all despicable frauds” misinfomercial campaign.

ShamWow!