Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like this may cause some trouble in a near future?
Edward Wong on Twitter

First comment: "the bills are apparently different so still need reconciliation or house voting on senate version"

ED: The Senate passed it on Tuesday. Not "news". :)

ED2: The bill doesn't impose sanctions. It mandates an annual review of Hong Kong's status, and empowers the president to empose sanctions if said status is infringed or human rights violated.

Last edited:
Not radical at all. Rather sensible actually.

Production will start in about a year.

Then it needs to ramp.

Agreed. BTW, they still have a lot of things to work out. There is no way those push-button door handles are going to work unless they put in door motors like the Model X (which I doubt). If you saw the event, they had the windows down and everyone pushed the button, the door popped an inch, then they reached through the open window to pull the door open. Also, since they started only 2 years ago, and it's FORD, I doubt it'll be flying off the assembly line 3 years from start to finish.

Can all Tesla owners in mass call his office
Would probably cause a ruckus if we all waited until we were in Mass to do it. Generally supposed to avoid cell usage in church.

Any Model Y talk (coming sooner etc) could only hurt 3 sales in the seasonally slow Q1. There is zero upside to announcing Y will come sooner.

Unless... Unless it's coming in Q1.

Ok, fine; I'll see myself out.

The guy interviewing Chanos tomorrow at 10AM EST has stated he intends to address the recent short covering rumor during the interview. I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that the rumor is false.

Keith McCullough on Twitter
@KeithMcCullough
Little big man, I'm not a reporter. There will be no silence on this matter LIVE with Chanos
@HedgeyeTV tomorrow

I think Kevin heard someone say “why wait for cyber Monday when you can have Cybertruck Thursday“ and bought himself some tsla soon after.
CNBC has always been interested in news about the pickup, since US auto manufacturers make a fat profit and are surviving on pickup sales (for tesla of course it is sales, shipping, delivery, receipt). Will be interesting to see what headlines CNBC will have thursday morning...

Fixed that for you ;)

I'm in the area, but Markey Malarkey likely only cares about people who can vote in Massachusetts.

It would be great if Tesla announced an OTA that distinguished between a super steady even uninterrupted pressure on the wheel that could only be caused by an inanimate object vs an actual hand on the wheel. And then Elon invited Sen. Markey Marlarkey in person to show him how it works and also share the safety stats about autopilot usage actually being safer and convert Markey Malarkey be in favor of AP.

Chanos didn’t cover. This is a rumor from some guy on Twitter with no evidence. He will never cover.

896.jpg

and....

since when has Anton ever supplied accurate info?

Fire Away!

Actually, Anton Wahlman has been amazingly correct and accurate...if you take the inverse of most everything he says. ;)

He has also been long Ford Motor Company for years, years that would have been nicely profitable to be short Ford.

The guy interviewing Chanos tomorrow at 10AM EST has stated he intends to address the recent short covering rumor during the interview. I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that the rumor is false.

If the reporter is any good, they will ask him if his short position has grown or shrunk since Q3 earnings. Because the rumor is he closed out his entire position for a loss of $xxxM dollars. If the amount of the loss is wrong, Chanos could truthfully say "Yes, I saw that rumor and it's absolutely false", even if he covered almost his entire short position at a loss of $xxyM.