Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good idea. I wonder if asking Lex Fridman to chime in would be helpful? An MIT Professor ought to have some credibility with a senator.

“@lexfridman Perhaps you can explain Tesla AP to Senator Markey (617)565-8519. He seems to think it allows people to sleep and should be disabled until Tesla is able to make it people proof, you know, like seat belts or something”

Done

Fire Away!

I'm going to make a prediction that some here will think is blind Tesla fan boy stupidity. But we will come back at the end of 2020 and see how I did:

Ford will not deliver more than 1000 Mach-E's in all of 2020. Radical prediction, eh?

Not radical at all. Rather sensible actually.

Production will start in about a year.

Then it needs to ramp.

Based on his Twitter feed it looks like Chanos' latest short obsession is PTON: Diogenes (@WallStCynic) | Twitter

Just in case you thought TSLA was a crowded short...PTON has a whopping 94% of float sold short. The intraday volatility has been nuts.
PTON is one of those things where you can throw some play money at a few calls because even the slightest whiff of good news could potentially trigger a massive short squeeze even though it is fundamentally a trash stock.

Definitely not an advice.

Based on his Twitter feed it looks like Chanos' latest short obsession is PTON: Diogenes (@WallStCynic) | Twitter

Just in case you thought TSLA was a crowded short...PTON has a whopping 94% of float sold short. The intraday volatility has been nuts.

Glad the shorters are around to keep these unruly startups in check. Wouldn't want these guys to start growing or anything!:rolleyes:

I just feel so sorry for these start-ups who get targeted by these short sellers. Many times these are young folks with great ideas who fall prey to these jerks making a fast buck.
This is just a general sentiment, I have no idea about PTON

Not radical at all. Rather sensible actually.

Production will start in about a year.

Then it needs to ramp.

I'm just pointing out to those who think it's a competitive threat to Tesla just how far in the future it really is. By the time your average person can get their hands on the initial production (over a year away), Tesla will have advanced leaps and bounds.

Here's a more radical prediction:

Ford will only deliver less than 20,000 Mach-e's worldwide in the entire year following their planned 2020 launch. I would love to see them be more successful but it just doesn't seem like they are taking this very seriously or will be able to hit the targeted range they recently announced.

EJ2ZGpIWoAYgyG4

3gzlqn

I just feel so sorry for these start-ups who get targeted by these short sellers. Many times these are young folks with great ideas who fall prey to these jerks making a fast buck.
This is just a general sentiment, I have no idea about PTON

Pretty sure they make insanely overpriced exercise equipment. Although an 8.2B market cap for them seems silly unless there is some angle I'm missing.

3gzlqn

Pretty sure they make insanely overpriced exercise equipment. Although an 8.2B market cap for them seems silly unless there is some angle I'm missing.

Every bike comes with an expensive monthly subscription to the live streamed classes/workouts that get played on its screen. Wall Street loves subscription services at present. Not sure how many they need to grow into that current market cap though.

(It wouldn’t be completely insane for Tesla to come up with a subscription plan of some type for its vehicles - some sort of bundle that includes a selection of FSD features like summon, cloud storage for media, audio & game content, Sentry mode recordings, free supercharging miles up to a specified monthly limit - maybe charge $100 a month).