Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone think Semi could be moved on to this new straight edged stainless steel manufacturing platform?

Semi customers will be even more focussed on cost of ownership and utility so the manufacturing cost savings from this new method could make even more sense than for Pickup.

It would also mean no need for a paint shop installed at GF1 and lower capex generally for Semi. It's also likely going to be a much more modular production line where capacity can be added incrementally.

I'm sure all Tesla's extensive Semi Powertrain testing over the past 3 years will still be relevant, and I think they can be confident in the durability of the stainless steel body without years of further prototype testing.
Didn't Musk say something about how engineering the manufacturing process is about 100X the effort of designing the actual product? If I know Musk, he's thinking about how to get a ten-fold or better reduction in the cost of engineering the manufacturing process. I suspect this is the driving concern behind the Cybertruck. Now if the Cybertruck is successful in cutting the manufacturing engineering effort and not just operating cost of manufacturing, then I think Musk would be inclined to deploy that to the Semi as well.

Imagine it Tesla could deliver the $180k 600 mile semi for say $135k instead with cyber manufacturing tech. That would absolutely rock the trucking industry. This is damn near sticker price parity compared with diesel semi trucks.

So if a Cybertruck Semi can do this, I think it would be compelling to Musk to make it happen.

I want a great grandpa bib similar to this with a velcro snap for the back of the neck.
Aaaah, Prof -

This is a Cybertruck thread. You need one with a tailgate.

Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 6.50.14 PM.png

Warning: Pregnant women, the elderly, and children under 10 should avoid prolonged exposure to Cybertruck.

Caution: Cybertruck may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.

Cybertruck contains a liquid core, which, if exposed due to rupture, should not be touched, inhaled, or looked at.

Do not use Cybertruck on concrete.

Discontinue use of Cybertruck if any of the following occurs:

· itching

· vertigo

· dizziness

· tingling in extremities

· loss of balance or coordination

· slurred speech

· temporary blindness

· profuse sweating

· or heart palpitations.

If Cybertruck begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head.

Cybertruck may stick to certain types of skin.

When not in use, Cybertruck should be returned to its special container and kept under refrigeration. Failure to do so relieves the makers of Cybertruck, Tesla Incorporated, of any and all liability.
Well done!

Warning: Pregnant women, the elderly, and children under 10 should avoid prolonged exposure to Cybertruck.

Cybertruck contains a liquid core, which, if exposed due to rupture, should not be touched, inhaled, or looked at.

· itching

· vertigo

· dizziness

· slurred speech

· temporary blindness

· profuse sweating

· or heart palpitations.

If Cybertruck begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head.

When not in use, Cybertruck should be returned to its special container and kept under refrigeration. Failure to do so relieves the makers of Cybertruck, Tesla Incorporated, of any and all liability.
Ask your doctor if you are healthy enough for Cybertruck.
checkup800x530.png

"Cybertruck is our last product unveil for a while”
To quote Evil Morty: Now is the time for action

Tesla have three major products in their pipeline, Y, Semi and Cybertruck. They have two factories to ramp up. Another factory/line for Cybertruck. Likely they will make their own battery cells. Also they will have to expand service, chargers etc to 3x current capacity. And FSD will likely change the game totally in the coming three years. So for now, they will first ramp and try to handle the ramp, then also figure out what’s next. Because the next step is a totally different chapter. First chapter was to prove that electric cars can be viable, Model S did this. Second chapter is to reach mass scale and become one of the major players, Model 3 started this chapter and they now need to be finish it. Third chapter is total EV domination in all forms of terrestrial transport. They are gonna need a lot of capital and their entire organization will need a few years of breathing space after the Model 3 ramp to catch up. But then in 2-5years they likely are ready to reveal Model 2, Van, Bus, Boat and Airplanes.

A good time to be a share holder, but a kind of boring time with regards to product releases.

please let’s put this in perspective. Yes, unbelievable that there are almost 190k orders, BUT, THE ORDER IS FOR $100 totally refundable. I am excited but we have to understand that many people think that $100 is pocket change, especially people on this forum who are early adopters. I really do not think this is a fair gauge of actual interest but a “hell, sure I will put $100 down and make my decision in 2 years” when the Cybertruck might be ready. I have read that a lot these last few days. We need to keep our enthusiasm under control.

I really don't think there's a difference between 100 and 1000 as a reservation cost for the people they are targeting. What matters for the reservation is that it is a marketing and sales tool. You get a list of high quality names that you later get to have your sales people to call and actually sell the cars to. Higher reservation cost might have a better use for higher dollar vehicles as you want to weed out frivolous buyers who bail at the last minute which makes your financial balance sheet a pain to manage.

Also since it is refundable, the $$$ amount really doesn't matter.

Minor, but the APC shown is a unibody. An exoskeleton is a unibody where the major structural strength is from the outside. In the cybertrucks case, it is the triangular beams. The APC is not an exoskeleton, it derives some of its strength from the sides but also has plenty of important structural elements inside and throughout.

Those APCs are all Soviet/Russian BTR series vehicles. They are basically a metal can with minimal internal structure other than a bulkhead separating the engine compartment. Here is a video showing the inside of a BTR-60.

Reactions: JRP3 and lklundin

· itching

· vertigo

· dizziness

· slurred speech

· temporary blindness

· profuse sweating

· or heart palpitations.

Ingredients of Cybertruck include an unknown glowing green substance which fell to Earth, presumably from outer space.

Cybertruck has been shipped to our troops in Saudi Arabia and is being dropped by our warplanes on Iraq.

Do not taunt Cybertruck.

Cybertruck comes with a lifetime warranty.

Cybertruck! Accept no substitutes!

What about an erection lasting more than 4 hours?

Lol there’s a couple really cool stories here with Cybertruck. One is that there is a guy out there trying something that nobody else has and is doing it with full conviction in an effort to advance the market.

The other story is Elon Musk and Tesla already won. The day that Ford announced an electric F-150 was the day that Elon and Tesla didn’t have to release a basic truck. The biggest segment in the US is going electric. It’s an incredible victory for Tesla

GM is planning 80k full size truck and SUV capacity per year in the near to medium term.

While they make over 1M full size trucks and SUVs.

It is almost certain F is planning similar if not we would have heard about it during UAW-Ford negotiations.

This means Detroit thinks electric trucks are a niche sub segment that may or may not be successful and have no urgency to make all or almost all their trucks BEVs.

Tesla hasn't put the fear of bankruptcy in them, yet.

It made sense - because horse can't be RWD. It is necessarily FWD. After all as they say you can't put the cart before the horse.

But guess what, you can put the truck before the motor/engine. RWD is as functional as FWD.

Horse can be FWD or RWD or AWD. Do not make me go into the biomechanics of horse. Please. It’ll be a lot of typing off topic that might get deleted.

It made sense - because horse can't be RWD. It is necessarily FWD. After all as they say you can't put the cart before the horse.

But guess what, you can put the truck before the motor/engine. RWD is as functional as FWD.

A good idea of the form that follows function can be seen in the shape of fighter planes. You want slanting front and a tapering back.

080311-F-3488S-200.jpg

Well, except you refer to "fighter planes" as an entire category, and this shape is very unlike most fighter planes in that it is inherently unstable. It required advanced fly-by-wire tech to be developed so the flight computer could make the dynamic corrections necessary to keep it in the air.

It is, however, a good example of form following function: the flat faceted design is ideal for achieving stealth. It's just not representative of fighter planes in general.

• Love
Reactions: SpaceCash and kbM3
Ford and GM should be very afraid.

this video is worth watching.

If you watch his pupil. When the light turned on and the silhouette of the front of the truck showed up clearly, his pupil dilated. He liked it.
Then when the full truck showed up, his pupils switched between dilating and contracting. The shape definitely pulls people between loving and hating it at the same time. However, the front is pure love.