Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So now Tesla is finished with product reveals for a while, it looks like Tesla has 10 new vehicle production lines to focus on bringing online in the near future.
These production plans include estimates - we do not know full details of Tesla's plans.
These dates are estimates for first vehicle production. >1k per week is likely 3-6 months later and full capacity likely 6-12 months later.

4Q19 - Model 3 in China
Q120 - Model Y at Fremont
Q320 - Model Y in China
Q320 - Model S Plaid in Fremont/GF1
Q420 - Semi in US (GF1?)
Q121 - Roadster in US
Q221 - Model Y in Europe
Q321 - CyberTruck in US
Q122 - CyberTruck in China, possibly supplying Asia & Europe. (Unconfirmed location)
Q222 - CyberTruck Plaid in US

So not much for us to obsess about then in 2020.

Glad we have FSD release and subsequent progress, Dojo, battery day, hopefully some news on HW4 and stock price antics to keep us interested and give us something to post about. :D

You can bet that SAF are spamming SEC about Elon's weekend tweeting. One assumes that Elon has checked with the Twitter nanny regarding what he would be disseminating. TBH, I would have preferred all these to have come from the official Tesla account, after which Elon could re-tweet and discuss.

In other news, came to the office this morning to discover a colleague had also ordered a Cybertruck. OK, it's a guy that I've given test-ride in my P85 and then showed around Model X, so he has some interest in the past, but I was still surprised to hear he'd ordered. Although he's working in the EC, his roots are olive farming in Crete. He knows trucks and he says the specs are amazing.

Have been wondering this for a while: shouldn’t we report (some of) these tweets as hate speech? I mean ... that’s what they are, promoting hate...
NO. Why? Because it would be inflationary, reducing the use of a powerful term to practically nil.

The technique is applicable for disarming slurs. It must not be abused like you propose.

Hence I respectfully but strongly disagree. Oppose in other ways.

Gone for the weekend, had to read 35 pages...
Anyway: I'm in Italy andthe freaking news on TV spoke about the cybertruck. It's on the paper, everywhere. It's mainly FUD (i.e. media link the Starship RUD with the shattered glass, Elon is failing, etc.) but everyone has seen that. People send me memes via whattsapp.
Hopefully with time people will understand and appreciate it better, I already do after two days.
But it's quite incredible the amount of publicity this had.

"The only thing in the world worse than being talked about, is not being talked about"

"Very witty, Wilde"

Put in those rear window scoops...dams....anyway, "insets" into your* model and see how the results change. Those and the wheel wells were for me the aerodynamically most appalling** feature of what we were shown at the reveal.

* Not yours? Then carry that message if you can - thanks.
** And if those remain the most appalling, then the vehicle's overall shape is pretty wonderful, indeed.

Aaah - 2h12m remain of discussion regarding truck shape, horse power, stainless grade, computer triangle renditions...other non-financial/DIRECTLY market-related discussion. After that, ALL go to some other thread.

Zero mercy. No reason to have Mods move stuff when it's much easier to Delete.

~Vetinari

Apologies, I was posting past the deadline as I hadn't caught up with the thread enough to see the deadline...

Reactions: MrQc
Am I too sensitive to this, or does it seem like whenever we have positive Tesla news it is somehow worded in a way that tries to downplay it? "Musk suggests"...

upload_2019-11-25_13-52-33.png

Am I too sensitive to this, or does it seem like whenever we have positive Tesla news it is somehow worded in a way that tries to downplay it? "Musk suggests"...

View attachment 481142
Initially I thought the exact same thing, but then I decided that they must have worded it that way because his 200,000 tweet didn't specifically say it was the order count. He just posted the number as a follow on to his previous, implying it was the order count.

Initially I thought the exact same thing, but then I decided that they must have worded it that way because his 200,000 tweet didn't specifically say it was the order count. He just posted the number as a follow on to his previous, implying it was the order count.

So the media draws ridiculous conclusions “against” Tesla but cannot draw an obvious conclusion when it’s “for” Tesla. Got it.