Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't imagine that it was deliberate. Elon looked drained / angry for the whole rest of the unveil and felt like he was rushing it through. Got a little energy back when they unveiled the ATV, but still really seemed to be in a rush to get offstage.

Looked like he thought he had just ruined Tesla's winning streak with a PR disaster.
Yeah, I suspect there might have been more planned for the reveal. Maybe someone was making the hand across the throat sign or Elon just decided to end it there as he looked back at the cracked windows a few times.

The muted initial response may have thrown him too. I really like the design, even so it still took me a minute to wrap my head around it.

In any case, whatever. Like I said before, Elon will have the last laugh and, with these reservation numbers, I expect he’s already started to chuckle. :)

Last edited:
If the factory was down...CNBC Bloomberg ECT would be all over IMHO.
Even if the Tesla transformer blew (and I have a real issue that the Tesla factory is supplied by a single transformer, more likely a substation). Tesla has Megapaks to supply electricity--at least for a short time.

I wonder if they could extend the roofline, ditch the roll down cover, and add a 3rd or 4th row to the bed area without too much redesign.
Yeah, I'm curious about how much they can morph this basic design. If they're onto an approach that minimizes the manufacturing process engineering cost, then there is a broad array of light to medium duty commercial vehicles they can bring to market.