Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally took the new software out for a spin. Lane changes are super fast now! Seems a bit more twitchy in some situations, like they turned up the gain so to speak.

I recall reading that AP2.5 was running an 80% workload (like ~6 months ago). How can it keep getting better then? Thought for sure we'd need the new computers, but this thing drives like it really means it now. Good sign for FSD, maybe the nets just keep getting more efficient. Can't wait to see more demo's or updates on "Full Feature" tests.

I recall reading that AP2.5 was running an 80% workload (like ~6 months ago). How can it keep getting better then? Thought for sure we'd need the new computers, but this thing drives like it really means it now. Good sign for FSD, maybe the nets just keep getting more efficient. Can't wait to see more demo's or updates on "Full Feature" tests.

If only there was a company focusing on this. Ohh wait there is, deepscale.ai.
DeepScale - Wikipedia

I wonder if Tesla are using them? Ohh wait!
On October 1st, 2019, the company was purchased by Tesla.[1]

Actually, don't get excited, those are trolls from Russia and they are not hurting from short positions, so whenever the agenda tells them to come here, they will come.

They might be just taking a timeout because they were identified.

Most of Russian trolling is low effort trolling, heavily automated, to manipulate public opinion and votes in particular.

The high effort TMC and TSLAQ trolls are almost always native English speakers, dominantly American, with a few Brits and Aussies.

Most of them went silent on Reddit too - I presume the particularly strong fundamentals Tesla is showing has driven away the fundamentals based shorts, and the technical shorts were mostly gone after Q3 I guess. What is left are TSLAQ loonies like Mark BS. Spiegel - a not particularly convincing figurehead with anger management issues.

Maybe there's a chilling effect of the rumored SEC investigation against UBS as well - the short-and-distort campaign most of the trolls are pushing are felonies after all, with no First Amendment defense.

It’s been 25 years since my last class in basic differential equations, but given the nearly vertical graph of deliveries in the Netherlands for Q4, I predict +♾ deliveries for this quarter. Plus or minus approx. 300.

2. Con your elderly neighbors out of THEIR life savings. Invest that in TSLA.[/SPOILER]

I tried. When they asked my suggestion about where to put their recently matured GIC. I recommended TSLA convertible debt. At that time, it was during the height of TSLAQ and the debt's market value actually dropped alot.

But when they heard TSLA, they immediately associated it with high risk.

I pinged them recently to see what they did with that chunk of money and they said it is still in GIC earning ~1%... I just face palmed.

Most people want to earn money safely. With 100% certainty. But anything that is 100% certain to make money will earn less than inflation so you actually lose money.

There are a whole lot of calls around 360 that I'm sure MMs don't want to see in the money tomorrow....
Max pain looks to sit around 345 currently.

Indeed, depending on macros it's going to be epic tomorrow to keep below 360 though...

upload_2019-12-13_7-39-29.png

I'll add another reason for the $100 deposit - the owl image and my new profile image I copied from Tesla account. Bragging right is priceless. Even you are on the fence, go ahead and put in the $100. Worth every penny as a conversation starter.

Can't agree more.

I have to admit that my final decision will be made when I actually see the thing in the flesh. I love the design, but at the ed of the day I can't charge it at home nor park it at the supermarket, so I might have to admit defeat on the sheer size of the thing.

I will also admit that I was planning to get a Roadster II, but the Model S Plaid might be too irresistible when it's released.

Choices, choices, choices!

Can't agree more.

I have to admit that my final decision will be made when I actually see the thing in the flesh. I love the design, but at the ed of the day I can't charge it at home nor park it at the supermarket, so I might have to admit defeat on the sheer size of the thing.

I will also admit that I was planning to get a Roadster II, but the Model S Plaid might be too irresistible when it's released.

Choices, choices, choices!

Easy solution - build a bigger garage...

Why Tesla didn't do this earlier is a mystery to me: $39,490 -> $39,990 was a +1.25% profit margin lying on the floor ...
One more nail in the FUD coffin. “Tesla has to keep cutting prices to stimulate demand!”

I have a crazy personal theory that Elon Musk has lured the irrational and hate filled short sellers into an epic bear trap through a long con. He went from over promising impossible deadlines and poking the SEC in the eye (repeatedly) to quietly meeting or beating production goals and timelines. He knew that certain quirks in the 10Q would only invigorate their conspiracy theory mentality and cause them to double down, all the while knowing Q4 would be epic and Q1 would deliver surprisingly high margins and deliveries.

And now, at this moment, it’s too late for them to escape and he has even removed from them the illusion that they could undermine him or provoke him in a Twitter war. Blocked.

The untethered irrational insults and frothing at the mouth of the shorters that remain is giving him a spring in his step.

The coming short squeeze will be deceptively slow, but inescapable - like having the breath squeezed out of you by a giant python.

The only solace they will have by the time that it’s over is that they will still be able to afford a ride across town, albeit in a Tesla robotaxi.

*scene*

Last edited:
Holy permit hell
upload_2019-12-12_22-58-23.png

BLD2020-03678: Direct ship canopy expansion. Addition of canopy to existing dock canopy structures at B/W building and plastics building. Electrical convenience outlets & lighting

BLD2020-03713: VDL lift assist equipment frames, structural only.

BLD2020-03704: Standing deck exhaust fans

BLD2020-03700: Seat pallet stacker, structural only.

BLD2020-03702: Install pits and flush robots.

BLD2020-03703: Widening EOL performance doors

BLD2020-03708: PWT tool modification, structural only.

BLD2020-03714: South paint modifications.

BLD2020-03710: KCI vertical drop lifter, structural only.

Another thing that just happened today that may help get new investors into the stock: Robinhood announced fractional shares down to $1.

Granted, this is going to have a small impact - by definition, it's going to be very small investors - but I suspect the long term impact of a popular broker offering that will be good for basically any tech company with a high per-share price.

Comdirect.de sell options on one hundredth's of the underlying. The first time I looked at their various options I could not figure out why the 1:100 variant was about 10 times _cheaper_ than their 1:10 one (because at first I assumed that the ratio meant that one contract would equal 100 shares, and not the actual 0.01 share).

Is this common practice?

(I am still looking for a good EU broker of options).

Most of Russian trolling is low effort trolling, heavily automated, to manipulate public opinion and votes in particular.

The high effort TMC and TSLAQ trolls are almost always native English speakers, dominantly American, with a few Brits and Aussies.

Most of them went silent on Reddit too - I presume the particularly strong fundamentals Tesla is showing has driven away the fundamentals based shorts, and the technical shorts were mostly gone after Q3 I guess. What is left are TSLAQ loonies like Mark BS. Spiegel - a not particularly convincing figurehead with anger management issues.

Maybe there's a chilling effect of the rumored SEC investigation against UBS as well - the short-and-distort campaign most of the trolls are pushing are felonies after all, with no First Amendment defense.
However, cold-weather trolls are starting new threads.

edit: I was going to post links to examples, but the two I noticed seem have disappeared. Good job mods.

Last edited:
Eventually demolition derbies will be the only market for ICE.

Yes! We should promote demolition derbys! If they become popular enough it could be a really effective way to get ICE cars off the road before their usual retirement time.

There could be two classes. One for cars still having airbags - when the bags blow you're out of the competition. The second class would be for cars whose airbags have already blown (or been stripped).

Nothing on automated price change tracker
Tesla Change Tracker (@TslaTracker) on Twitter

Tesla Change Tracker on Twitter
Tesla Change Tracker on Twitter

Model 3

2019 SR+ AWD P
Before 8/17 $39 $48 $55
8/17 $39 $48 $56
10/16 $39.5 (range: 240 -> 250) $48 $57
11/1 $39.5 $48.5 (range: 310 -> 322) $57
12/12 $40 $49 $57

So basically became ~$500 more expensive. Let’s say margins increased 1%. Also indicate that demand is strong going into Q1. Hopefully this could secure Q1 profits and S&P 500 inclusion.

Holy permit hell

That's a number of improvements.

I wonder when they're going to start expanding the OG Gigafactory. It is only 1/3rd of the size it's supposed to be, and as Tesla is currently already pressed at the seams for sheer build space, it'd make sense to move some production there, such as for the Semi.

I wonder if the lack of expansion is more to due with Nevada not playing catch up enough for the city building portion than with monetary restrictions. Fremont at least has the whole San Jose suburbs to feed that beast.