Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh wow:

TSLA 2019 | Page 21 | Elite Trader

"My buddy who trades TSLA just blew out... I can't be sure of the loss but he blocked me on Twitter and insta, so it's gotta be bad. He was down $2MM on the year with the shares at $335 and I know he was short 100K there as well as thousands of naked calls (short)."

"I am off this week and just looked. $388. ATH."​

$335->$390 with 100k TSLA shares short is another $5.5m loss. Writing thousands of naked call contracts is incredibly risky, but I guess he needed the cash.

Then:

"He was convinced it was a $75 stock. He was short from 260 and held it to the touch of 165 on something like 80K shares. Didn't cover. Forced to cover at unch and then shorted (100K shares) again the day before earnings. Was shorting calls all the way to 350. I haven't talked to him since it hit 350."

"He's trying to sublet his $40K/month Tribeca apt on the qt as the co-op board won't allow it."​

With the naked calls that's going to be a hard landing ...

This story of a probably bankrupted Tesla short sounds genuine to me - and I have to say he fully deserved it.

He was set for life, with millions of dollars of assets, and blew it through shorting one of the most innovative high-tech companies in existence.

SMH ...

China's EV sales just passed 5% of nationwide vehicle sales!

What a time for Tesla to be ramping up Gigafactory production there. For context, China sells 1,000,000+ EVs per year already.

That’s what happens when your CEO gets a meeting with the brass in China, finds out what their intentions and goals are for the future and how Tesla can align itself with those goals. Always a few steps ahead.

Throughout the trading day I keep loaded on my desktop computer TD Ameritrade's Thinkorswim platform. In the corner is a small screen displaying CNBC. I often have it on mute, unless it appears they are discussing something I find interesting.

So, when you glance over and see them all frowning and shaking their heads you turn the volume up? ;)

I kind of expected a sonic boom after $390, but I guess this is more appropriate:

3juz5q.gif