Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About $100-$200 short there.

"For Q4, both U.S. consumer demand for Model 3 and European strength should likely drive upside and enable Tesla to "comfortably" hit its vehicle delivery guidance of 360,000-400,000 units for fiscal 2019, says the analyst. He believes that while part of the recent share rally has been a "massive short covering," it has also been driven by underlying fundamental improvement. Ives values the Tesla "Bear case" at $200-$220 per share and the "Bull case" at $580-$600 per share. However, he's still taking a "wait and see approach to see how sustainable this level of demand/profitability is going forward" before becoming more constructive on Tesla shares.

Read more at:
Tesla price target raised to $370 from $270 at Wedbush TSLA - The Fly"

Yeah, we're just sitting here watching the ticker with gormless expressions on our faces.
Nope, some of us are opening prized bottles of superb Malbec to celebrate what has been an excellent year for us even though it has been truly devastating for the world. What a mixed blessing! For the first time in decades every security I own is at an ATH.

I, for one, will not cry if January somehow becomes less stellar, if only politicians would take action to preserve what is left of our very stressed plant. (sorry about the down tone).

In the meantime it great to have only capital gains taxes to worry about.

I've never met a financial advisor I thought had a clue.

I've met 2 in my investing experience. The second time I went to see them I found that one had been promoted upstairs, and the other had promoted himself into a small wealth management company and although he saw me once and was helpful and well-informed, he had to tell me that he no longer dealt with small investors like me.

IOW, their total number of shares sold short gradually decreases, but total value of short interest owed remains constant.

The beauty of this is for TSLA short interest to remain constant in dollar terms as TSLA shares rise, requires the shorts to continually fund their decision to remain short (even as they reduce the actual number of shares they are short). If TSLA continues to appreciate over the years, this requires a constant stream of buying.

For a Tesla long, this is the ultimate gift that just keeps on giving.

Thank you TSLAQ! :)

I keep moving the goalposts back in terms of selling a little stock just to have cash to buy more when it re-visits the 300s. Maybe it'll go a leeetle bit higher and THEN I'll sell just a little. :)

How many others of you are doing the same thing?
Only sell if I need some eat'n money.