Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand your thinking, but I was referring to the demand for Tesla cars, not Tesla stock. Even if tomorrow Tesla stock gets lumped in with that of the other carmakers, in the long run (or perhaps the next day), the market should realize the benefit to Tesla of rising oil prices.
Solar and battery storage should get a boost from survivalists who are concerned about electric outages. Big-ticket item sales go down when people are afraid. It would affect Tesla negatively as well althought slightly less than gas cars.

Reactions: Nocturnal
I'm expecting a pop up as well, as more of the positives from the P&D report will sink in for investors that don't regularly follow this thread.

Hypothetically speaking, if one without the ability to trade pre-market were looking to add a few shares tomorrow, is it better to place a limit order and hope it's filled at open, or be patient and watch for a macro-induced MMD? Cheers!

I'm thinking TSLA will be up early in the week as well. Friday was one of the most convincing days for me that the stock price was deliberately manipulated to minimize ITM calls. On Monday/Tuesday, there should be much less of that.

Yes, it should. But most probably it won’t. Because when car manufacturers are negatively affected by macros (such as oil price), Tesla is suddenly a car manufacturer.

I expect TSLA to have resilience in many, though not all, of the more likely imaginable conflict situations. TSLA would see more rapidly increasing traction as a hedge against trouble in the entire oil fueled economy.

Even a war (short of a catastrophic nuclear, etc. exchange) would favor Tesla, in time at least, as EV’s used appropriately would confer advantages against ICE-based platforms in many kinds of battles (before those of you who would disagree do so, I suggest you spend a bit of time on a structured creativity exercise or three).

Isn’t Tesla already winning the arm’s race on our roadways through the advantages of electric motors? "Build ’em bigger" won’t protect the legacy OEM’s and fossil energy forever in the marketplace.

In other words, if a big war would protect the fossil fuel industry from ultimate disruption from EV’s rather than accelerate that disruption, we would have had one by now.

2 years ago I said we’d see electric cars in the Indy 500 in 20 years. Let’s see how wrong I end up being :)

Your prediction won't be wrong, just laughably late. Disruption happens faster than most people can comprehend. It only seems slow because we wake up each day to a largely unchanged world.

So, where is the Semi being built? Did I miss that along the way?
It’s a mystery. Could be Lathrop, since semi is likely only assembly. If there is any stamping, it could be done from Fremont. Traditional semis are very custom built and even Tesla won’t likely build them like cars. Pilot production could be Lathrop and move to Sparks or elsewhere for full scale.

Elon sitting with a bunch of TSLA enthusiasts for several hours sounds amazing. In terms of the content, I have to wonder if this would need to be released outside of market hours in case it contains material new information...?

It probably doesn't contain material information, at least not anything too obvious. Musk has pushed the limit sometimes (and perhaps exceeded it in many fewer instances) but, contrary to the way the media portrays him as a "loose cannon" he is actually very calculating with his words ($420 tweet excepted, perhaps). That was done for a specific reason that we may never know.

I bet they had to agree that Tesla basically owns the interview and can prevent them from publishing any portion of it with proper notice. He can't release material information to ANY of the panel so the publishing of it is not where the line is drawn. I only give it 50/50 that Tesla even had their lawyers review it before the publishing deadline. Musk really does understand the legal nuances (unlike many CEO's who need to rely heavily on legal council). The fact that he pushes the limit doesn't mean he doesn't understand the limit, it simply means he's willing to take survivable risks.

Last edited:
I’m expecting Tesla to ride down with the rest of the market starting later in the week.

I'm not willing to concede the market will necessarily "ride down" later in the week. Full-blown hostilities could break out and the market might soar. But, yes, the market has been very good over the last year so it would be normal to have some downward macro market pressure in the short-term. Just don't expect it to correlate with the level of hostility (at least not for any length of time). And Tesla could very well be a shining star.

Steady as she goes.

Last edited:
Screen captures are always nice

I can still see the tweet for some reason, so here you go.

57A704B8-F295-4091-9D35-7A4414EC07F0.jpeg

Is there more after where it cuts off?
Yes there were 2-3 more tweets to follow that I summarized earlier. From memory—>
*Real-world testing on unfinished roads and hills with loads etc to validate specs and performance
*Finalizing charging standard
*Limited customer deliveries for final validation leading into full scale production next year
I don’t think any of this is competition sensitive because it’s in line with previous guidance and it’s all common sense.

Not if they use 'platooning'. Team Lead car sits in the middle of the pack, drafting like Andretti. Be much easier if it was just a driverless skateboard, RADAR/FSD maintains the millisecond spacing interval (<1 meter) that no human could ever hope to do for 2.5 hrs.

No Crashes? Maybe takes the fun out too, but hate to see any driver hurt, and it happens all to often (and not just on the racetrack).

EDIT: Think of it more as a 'demo' than a 'race', it'd have to be cooperative. More like a Team Time Trial at the Tour d'France than an Indy 500 competition.

Cheers!

Why not just do this, but with HVDC? What could go wrong?

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I don't agree. Previous guidance was only for limited production. No mention of deliveries. I assumed that they would all be used internally with no customer deliveries.
I could have sworn I saw something about limiting customer deliveries in 2020 but that was a while back. I could be wrong.

**Looked and looked. Guess I was wrong. I couldn’t find the words “customer deliveries” in 2020 anywhere.**

—> So if you are the CEO of Nikola please forget what you’ve read here today.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceCash