Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be entirely fair, "No, it's the market that's wrong" has been the rallying cry on this forum for much of the last 5 years.

I feel bad for any Tesla long whose investment horison ended last or previous year, or who for any other reason closed their positions.

For the rest of us, I think we should phrase a thank you letter to the Tesla anti-investors and their media mouthpieces, who kept the SP artificially suppressed for the last couple of years, allowing so many of us to double down (multiple times) on our Tesla investment. Necessarily, it would need to end with a great FU.

Personally I bought my first Tesla shares thinking it would allow me a Model 3 upgrade from a SR to LR AWD.
With the opportunity to open a much larger position, I now have my LR AWD and four times as many shares as I had first thought would be prudent.

Thank you & FU to Chanos, Mark BS(Q), Tim Seymour, Linette Lopez and the rest of you losers.

I don't think any inside information is necessary. The Cybertruck reveal displayed prices of vehicles that will require more battery stored energy than currently in use. Logic states there must be a breakthru of some kind... either cost savings in production or increased energy density with cost savings... but something.
This. Everybody was looking at the design, but those specs at those prices screamed "New battery tech" to me. Legacy makers can't compete with current Tesla batteries, next level battery means time to throw in the towel (or just buy Tesla batteries).

On top of that you have all the bits of information around Goodenough (sp?), and the various battery company acquisitions.

I feel bad for any Tesla long whose investment horison ended last or previous year, or who for any other reason closed their positions.

For the rest of us, I think we should phrase a thank you letter to the Tesla anti-investors and their media mouthpieces, who kept the SP artificially suppressed for the last couple of years, allowing so many of us to double down (multiple times) on our Tesla investment. Necessarily, it would need to end with a great FU.
If the stock hadn't been hammered in Early 2019 I'd own 100 shares rather than 600. I appreciate their contributions to my roadster fund.

There has to be more then good earning with TSLA to make move like this, may be big investor have knowledge of next generation battery.

it's a combination of things, but most of it boils down to extremely broad sea change of sentiment towards Tesla, from something that has niche appeal and could maybe disappear tomorrow, to something that's going to be a major part of our inevitable future. see Jim Cramer as a good microcosm of that sea change. practically over night, he flipped from emphatic bear to emphatic bull.

Until very recently, there was a huge wall of prevailing skepticism, considered conventional wisdom. You know what I mean -- all the normal FUD and perceived limitations of EVs, the threat of imminent Tesla bankruptcy, and all the "inevitable" incoming Tesla killers.

That wall was being artificially bolstered by loud, incessant, conniving, disingenuous short sellers and the myriad other enemies of EVs. It would have crumbled sooner if not for them. Their misinformation campaigns were actually pretty effective. But at this point, the controverting evidence is so apparent and obvious, that the wall has completely crumbled all at once. This Tesla runup could have and should have been much more linear over the last few years.

Anyone drowning because the dam of lies they built finally burst is getting what they deserved.

Last edited:
Bad news guys. This just means that the alien being that runs our simulation is getting ready to pull the plug.

I believe that when you have companies like Sony stepping in and saying they want to build an EV that's a huge signal that the auto industry is in a complete disruption phase. Can you imagine if Ford came out and said they were going to build computers? That would make you think the computer companies were toast.

EVs are undeniably the future, and that future looks like it won't be claimed by companies that make metal hunks that blow up gasoline and diesel.

The problem that many of the shorts don't grasp is there is very little, if any knowledge base overlap between designing EV drivetrains and ICE drivetrains, and since most ICE outsource everything but the engine, new entrants can just outsource the body/etc to those same manufacturers that the ICE companies use if they so choose.

A company like Sony (Who has been designing electrical things for like half a century) probably knows more about building a good EV battery setup than a company like Audi does.

Last edited:
Reactions: lklundin
OT, way OT
@3lon4mars
Then please, respectfully, join the group that is occasionally sending Karen cash via PayPal for reforestation of her homestead in Iceland.
A Nobel project, done by hand, documented on TMC, a delightful exercise to witness
Edit
Sequestering carbon by land restoration and reforestation in Iceland

Been meaning to do this for a while, but like Elon, all my net worth is tied-up in equity :confused:

Anyway, found some change behind the sofa and sent to Karen to buy more $TSLA options, sorry, plant trees, I meant...

Come on, you tight-arses, we're all a bit flush for the moment.

And he's still an idiot:

"“As long as they can keep that premium pricing, which is as I say about $33,000 over where they had originally talked about, obviously that car is going to be profitable,” Lutz said."

As if Tesla said they would only sell the base model :rolleyes:

"“Tesla is finally being run like a normal business,” the former GM vice chairman said on “Squawk on the Street.”"

No they are not being run like a normal business, that's the point.

Tesla is now officially the second most valuable car company in the world (if it were a car company). It passed VW. Toyota is next, but for that we need to go to 1,100. How about next week?
From wherever the feed on my iMac's stock universe comes - Yahoo Finance, I think - it is showing VW's market cap currently at $97.4bn vs a puny, niggardly, measly $86.1bn for TSLA, so we may have a few hours to go for your comment to be valid.

• Informative
Reactions: Doit and humbaba