Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who is running the stockmarket? Can we pay them to stay open 24/7? Think how much money we would make. Can't be that expensive. It's only some electricity for the servers. I'll set up a gofundmepage.

That's how it is with Bitcoin. Definitely pros and cons about that situation. For instance, back when it was trading for about $800 / coin, someone had set up a Good Until Canceled order at $4,000 / coin. During the night (USA time), some whale came in with a huge buy order and two of those $4,000 coins sold.

$TSLA, when closing +9.77% is disappointing

b60cf472539fcca621a61b93f6b47307bede6b198a3ab6449d21e1056f5fdebd.jpg

Okay, so I had to do it. Turns out my January 2013 Model S purchase cost me about $1.57M in what the stock would be worth today.

There's a wake up call. Don't have the stomach to do the calculation for the Roadster, Model X, Replacement Model S, Power Walls, Model 3, 2020 Roadster or CyberTruck.
Well, later models are surely less expensive by that metric, no? Rejoice. Rejuice. Squeeze.

So, where's that dude who predicted the big pull-back at $480-$500. To be fair we did have a little glitch, but only due to a price upgrade :confused:

This must be turning into one of the biggest $ rise days in $TSLA history, no?

Any of the old-timers here remember when 10% meant around 18 bucks?

I remember when 10% was $2.

CNBC - hour ago:

Wow! They were throwing a sugarload of sugar at Colin Rusch (how dare you be not only bullish on Tesla but have the market confirm your bullish thesis). But he just turned those cowpies right around and stuffed them back in their faces. He was really in his element.

Gotta love his matter-of-fact, no BS persona!

Mike Santoli yammering about irrational exuberance as TSLA blasts through $525. Some hedge clown agreeing with him.

Poor saps.

How do you work for CNBC and not see what's going on here?

The hedge fund guy said building plants will be too expensive. Meanwhile, Elon barely spent a dime building GF2 or GF3. Idiots.

Used auto plants will be cheap when the real transition begins.

Okay, so I had to do it. Turns out my January 2013 Model S purchase cost me about $1.57M in what the stock would be worth today.

There's a wake up call. Don't have the stomach to do the calculation for the Roadster, Model X, Replacement Model S, Power Walls, Model 3, 2020 Roadster or CyberTruck.

Too funny. Here's the correct way of looking at it: You've had the pleasure of driving a million dollar car for seven years!

Do you know how to calculate max pain for Jack Rickards' positions?

It will be interesting to see how he tries to rescue this. I imagine he would sell all his puts shortly after the open this morning. He would still be up on his calls/puts overall but he has also given up the potential gains on the 500 shares he sold back at $400, at least going by my memory.
Uncle Jack made out like a bandit, and left like a thief in the night. He plans to buy 1,000 shares of TSLA with his lotto winnings. Since he paid just ~$67K (i think) for those Calls, that makes his cost basis on those thousand new shares about $67 each. Not too bad for a dodger, wot?

Hear about Jack's options play in his own words (recommend 1.25x playback)

Yes, and we have seen elements just like this one in previous days and weeks. But here's the thing:

Buying pressure from longs wanting to get in looks just like buying pressure from shorts wanting to cover.

This just showed up on my Schwab:

fourth Quarter Earnings Announcement Expected: Earnings will tentatively be announced 01/29/2020. With 20 analysts covering TSLA, the consensus EPS estimate is $1.62, and the high and low estimates are $2.25 and $0.80, respectively.

Expected Timing:
After close

yeah i was just going to ask if 1/29 was the official