Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn. Aftermarket going down;)
Screenshot_20200113-141045_Firstrade.jpg

Some observations....

1. We closed at 25% higher than that certain number that caused a certain Mod so much unnecessary work. (and some of you still managed to channel that one today. Sheesh!)

2. I finally looked at some of the rest of our portfolio today. Sunpower +8.72%. Virgin Galactic +6.94%.

Slackers.

Lets say I was the administrator of an index fund that sees Tesla becoming part of the S&P 500 in Q2. It would seem best to buy some calls today to exercise them when I need to add Tesla to the portfolio right ? That would be better than buying the shares right now and having to show that 5% accumulation report...
Then if many do that in Q2, I would think you might actually see a real short squeeze as the calls are exercised and not just cashed in...
Isn’t the whole point of an index fund that they don’t do that? They have to mirror the index, not beat it.

Wow! They were throwing a sugarload of sugar at Colin Rusch (how dare you be not only bullish on Tesla but have the market confirm your bullish thesis). But he just turned those cowpies right around and stuffed them back in their faces. He was really in his element.

Gotta love his matter-of-fact, no BS persona!

How about the huge percentage of us who power our cars with Solar. I wish that number was known and tossed around more often in cases like this. Yes he shut him right down and good on ya Colin!!

Analyst from cannacord on CNBC right now doing a good job defending Tesla.

Asked about his price target he made a simple statement which I liked (paraphrasing): "Our price target is 27x our 2021 earnings forecast for Tesla, which is a 30% discount for that growth rate".

I love seeing simple fundamentals based reasoning from analysts that shuts up hosts spouting stupid questions. (In a segment 15 minutes earlier a guest was saying Tesla stock price was based on "irrational exuberance" without any basis for his reasoning as to why it was "irrational".)