Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on all of these reports, it feels like they're planning to do a full HW3 rollout in Q1. Any estimates on what the internal cost to Tesla will be?

I believe the HW3 install cost should already be provisioned as part of the FSD reserve, so likely minimal impact on P&L (unless Tesla's cost estimation is incorrect). Cash would reduce (all else being equal).

I believe the HW3 install cost should already be provisioned as part of the FSD reserve, so likely minimal impact on P&L (unless Tesla's cost estimation is incorrect). Cash would reduce (all else being equal).[/
I believe the HW3 install cost should already be provisioned as part of the FSD reserve, so likely minimal impact on P&L (unless Tesla's cost estimation is incorrect). Cash would reduce (all else being equal).
i agree that’s as they upgrade each car to hw3 they can release significant part of money reserved. The amount released would be more than the cost and result in increased EPS

• Helpful
Reactions: RabidYak
If you converted your shares to LEAPS from a taxable US account around that time, you’d be nervously eyeballing end of May.

It would be a good problem to have, but not one with an easy answer.

Well luckily for me, I'm not in the US. The down-side is that my play account is my corporate account, so profits will be taxed, but only at 10%, I can live with that.

Anything in my personal trading account - which is where I have my HODL shares - is tax-free for capital gains.

One of the MANY advantages of living in this funny little country called Belgium.

I'll probably have some disagrees, but I think that is a pretty damn good commercial, as far as commercials go. Porsche needs to transition to EVs, and like the other legacy automakers, they're in a bit of a pickle in how to do that. Here they are showing off the Toucan, whilst also showing the rest of their fantastic lineup, and everyone is having fun while chasing the bad guy (Toucan). Turns out, the bad guy is one of their own... Touché!

OK, we know Tesla doesn't need advertising (and we certainly don't want to start that discussion again), but as we also know, the other automakers do. This commercial is certainly proof of that. Anyway, well done Porsche. Now if you just would have put those advertising dollars (euros) towards improving the range and charging infrastructure of your product... well never mind. You'll get there eventually I hope.

Last edited:
New article on unintended acceleration, with a theory that's a bit of a stretch in my opinion. The author is normally reasonable and supportive of Tesla so it's not a Lopez/Kolodny type hit piece, just speculation.

Tesla Owners Accuse Their Cars of Unintended Acceleration. Is It True? | Digital Trends

it is.

“Belt theorizes the vehicle’s drive unit overheats a sensor during low-speed driving and causes the sensor to leak current”

In this sentence he strings together the technical words together but it is verbal diarrhea. It is not relevant to how a Tesla works. It’s made up.

I'll probably have some disagrees, but I think that is a pretty damn good commercial, as far as commercials go. Porsche needs to transition to EVs, and like the other legacy automakers, they're in a bit of a pickle in how to do that. Here they are showing off the Toucan, whilst also showing the rest of their fantastic lineup, and everyone is having fun while chasing the bad guy (Toucan). Turns out, the bad guy is one of their own... Touché!

OK, we know Tesla doesn't need advertising (and we certainly don't want to start that discussion again), but as we also know, the other automakers do. This commercial is certainly proof of that. Anyway, well done Porsche. Now if you just would have put those advertising dollars (euros) towards improving the range and charging infrastructure of your product... well never mind. You'll get there eventually I hope.

Lets be clear, the Taycan is a bloody nice car, it just lets itself down with the range and to a certain degree price. I wouldn't mind owning one just for Sunday posing.

Last edited:
it is bullshit. Belt theorizes the vehicle’s drive unit overheats a sensor during low-speed driving and causes the sensor to leak current”
In this sentence he strings together the technical words together but it is verbal diarrhea. It is not relevant to how a Tesla works. It’s made up.

Absolutely right.
First, there are two independent pedal sensors that have to agree. Second, the brake always overrides the accelerator pedal. You'd need just the right failure in 3 separate systems to occur at exactly the same time (and not be reproducible later) to have this happen.

You forgot my favorite!

"No falcking sugar, lady! Do I sound like I'm orderin' a pizza?!?!?"

I agree, and hereby nominate the word "Falcon", even better, "Falcking", as the new "Fuc*ing"; as a loophole to get it by the modern day censorships that still exist. I mean, come on, is this 2020 or what?

"Big Falcking Rocket" has my vote, and can now legally take the place of "Fuc*&$#ing" in BFR.

"Falcking is the new "Freaking".

Let us all be able to move forward with the times, and be able to speak freely in our lives, with new expressions like;

"Falcking A man!" The Big Lebowski

"No falcking way dude!" Bart Simpson

"TSLA? Give me a falcking break" Anton Wahlman, Mark Smeagol, Montana Skeptic, et al....

"TSLA as a BFR in 2020? Falck yeah!" Suncatcher

Edit; How could I have left out TMC's own @SpaceCash ?

"TSLA today looking Bullish AF (As Falck)!"

/s

Yep, and that is probably why they only released the "FSD preview" to HW3 equipped cars. By putting HW3 in a car they release a portion of the FSD reserve, and the rate at which they do retrofits can be adjusted to release how much of the reserve they want to in a given quarter.