Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla up Two Euros in Frankfurt

upload_2020-3-19_0-3-47.png

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: bramsvs and FrankSG
Uncle Jack is back in the market. Says everyone is freaking out over nothing and stocks will shoot back up quickly when we get tired of hearing about the flu.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Uncle Jack chose to use the most Un PC term for Covid-19.......

Yes. I am not a Tesla short seller, but I care.

I think the continued production at Fremont helps to demonstrate the simplicity of Tesla's design, the strength of their vertical integration, their ability to manage their supply chains - and their fast learning from GF3 on how to deal with COVID-19.

It is being given a different spin in the main stream media, but helps me confirm me in my investment thesis.

At some point, the media will have articles with titles like ‘Tesla is the last man standing in the car industry’. That will be a wakeup call for the general public.

I think we found or are near a bottom. The impact for Tesla production is now minimized. A closure of Fremont is now priced in, but the factory doesn't close. My sources tell me that Q1 delivery will be almost (very near) projected. The only issue is that I don't know what is projected. Cars from Zeebrugge are diverted to locations where they can deliver. So Q1 minimized impact. Q2 is a different story, I expect they will mis 3 weeks of production, maybe more but that is a result of the lunatic (the guy that starts with a T and lives in a white house).

A production loss of 4 weeks is now priced in, see the drop of Ford and GM. (Ford is now, pre-market, falling even further).

Tesla has enough cash, not for this purpose, but they will survive. Ramping up production and sell the production is way way more easier for Tesla than for VW, GM and Ford. VW is also up, but I do expect they will have issues restarting production.

Construction berlin continues, and construction in china is going fast!

[edit]
the only thing that worries me is, activist hedgefunds. they are actively buying stocks to gain more when the crisis is over. hopefully Elon influence will make that impossibe.... but I'm not sure.

the only thing that worries me is, activist hedgefunds. they are actively buying stocks to gain more when the crisis is over. hopefully Elon influence will make that impossibe.... but I'm not sure.

Elon is a founder-CEO with by far the biggest stake in Tesla, with a CEO award plan in place that will give him even more control, I don't think activist hedge funds are an issue for TSLA.

I believe VW would have acquired a big stake in Tesla last summer, had Elon not been a roadblock to that. Hence the frequent attacks against Elon by the shortz.

Apologies if this is a re-post.

from Gene Munster of Loup Ventures:

says when Fremont gets shut down, Tesla will survive. He expects Tesla to miss their 2020 estimates, but gain in overall auto market share.

Loup Ventures
Very important point. I would guess the luxury car market will have lot of pent up demand coming out of this recession. Tesla will have higher volume production capacity to gain the market share immediately. In the meantime get your capacity up and running.

Very important point. I would guess the luxury car market will have lot of pent up demand coming out of this recession. Tesla will have higher volume production capacity to gain the market share immediately. In the meantime get your capacity up and running.

People aren't exactly excited to use public transportation right now, so it makes sense that the ones who can afford to do so will travel in (HEPA Filtered) private vehicles.

Here's a curve ball question - Does the battery in the car affect people who have seizures?

I just found out my crazy right-wing mother-in-law read this.....not sure where yet.

She has had them randomly for a few years now, even had a car crash while she was driving, and so I've been trying to get her to buy a Tesla solely on the safety reasons.

She gave me the EMF excuse first, but told her it's a non issue and now this.....sigh....