Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A sensible TSLA bull has 10% of his/her portfolio in TSLA shares. Lets give that a risk / opportunity score = 1 (although a good investor will make it a 5)
All in TSLA shares = score of 10
100% TSLA DITM calls = score 20
90% TSLA ATM calls = score 30 (me)

Do I start moving to a score of 25 now or post battery day? I was going to hang on for S&P inclusion but this recent surge has made me think that I should deleverage a bit just in case. Also, inclusion looks a little further away.
Tough call, because the three factors are in conflict.

1) Tesla, the business : increase leverage ahead of potential big drivers like Battery Day, China expansion, Berlin construction progress, profitability and S&P inclusion

2) TSLA, the stock: decrease leverage as SP surges towards ATH

3) Macros: decrease leverage ahead of risk of second large market drop as economic shockwaves of pandemic occur

Personally, I think the combination of a higher TSLA SP while we are still in an elevated macro risk environment dictates decreased leverage.

Yep that is right, but I think they have a few options... for example stamped panels attached to a frame.....

Or perhaps the floor is part of the skin...

M3 trunk is full of stamped panels ... they make sense where you only need a few of them.
Where you would need tens of different parts, you are better of with a cast part.

I started to become curious about Tesla sales in Europe in April. It's the first month of the quarter which for Tesla usually means an after the wave slump. Would the pandemic change this much?

Using data from EV registration statistics for The Netherlands, Norway and Spain I compared sales in January and April for Spain, Netherlands and Norway:

1-16 April: 145 cars sold, 116 M3, 12 MS, 17 MX.
1-16 January: 165 cars sold, 136 M3, 8 MS, 21 MX.

or

1-16 April: 145 cars sold, Spain 7 cars, Netherlands 96 and Norway 42.
1-16 January: 165 cars sold, Spain 26 cars, Netherlands 30 and Norway 109.

Early this morning, Gene Muenster (sp?) on CNBC suggested that we may find Tesla added to the FAANG stocks. They played around with the possible acronym.
Here is the video. I listened to it because I wanted to hear him slam Goldman for their view on Apple. Then at the 5:00 mark he shocks me and says Tesla and Microsoft will eventually replace Facebook and Netflix and FAANG will become AMATA.

Loup Venture's Munster: Goldman Sachs' downgrade of Apple is 'tone-deaf'

Maybe you should handle your investments and let everyone else handle theirs.

Of course, please forgive me.

Silly me thinking about the long-term impacts of gigatons of GHG dumping, and the companies that profit from it, when we have so many spare planets right near by that are so easy to get to as well . . . .

One would think that TSLA investors would be aware of why Tesla exists, and be far less dim, but there are always those outliers.

p.s. When over a century of massive GHG dumping "hits the fan" you can expect the impact to make CV-19 look like a friggin' picnic, but, hey, your investment choices are NOBODIES business but your own. ("Burn baby burn"--as long as you got yours, and got out in time, right?)

A warming Arctic could cost the world trillions of dollars

Here is the video. I listened to it because I wanted to hear him slam Goldman for their view on Apple. Then at the 5:00 mark he shocks me and says Tesla and Microsoft will eventually replace Facebook and Netflix and FAANG will become AMATA.

Loup Venture's Munster: Goldman Sachs' downgrade of Apple is 'tone-deaf'

Not sure if it warrants a 20% down in apple stock which would drag everything down and has already started this am with Tesla and other tech stocks, but TSMC numbers were not encouraging for Apple this Quarter. I fellow my other huge position which is AMD and AMD saved TSMC from tanking this quarter and offset soft Apple chip sales.