Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are the TSLAQ folks aware of all these broken VWs in parking lots? Do they have their crack(ed) team of parked car counters on top of this? They must do everything they can to protect all the people invested in that company from the impending bankwuptsy.

I suspect they are also going to criticize VW when they lose tens of billions of dollars, and get a bailout package from the German government.

Ford had record production of 735,000 in 1917. Production was reduced in 1918 and 1919 as the US entered WWI (I don't have the numbers) but by 2020 production had increased to over 1.3 million Model T's. I think the war probably had a much larger effect on production than any effect of the Spanish flu pandemic.
It took 101 years for Ford to go from 735k to 1.3M? Where can I get a 2020 Model T. ;)

Regarding the whole day-trading vs buy & hold strategy, I can only offer my own, hard won experience:

I've done a lot of buy&sell day trading using CFDs on margin with tesla. For a while I made a crazy amount of money doing this, then lost a lot, then made it back and more to spare, then lost all of that, then finally managed (about 60 days ago) to crawl away from the whole fiasco having eventuially lost around $40,000. My day trade account is now empty and the app uninstalled...

Luckily, I also buy and hold real shares in the long term, and I am up a whopping $500k on those.

When I was day trading, it felt like the actual solid buy/hold stocks were *stupid* money. Not margin at all, and not winning at all from the crazy climbs and dips. It was lost potential. hell, when the stock raced up to $800+ and down again I didnt leverage any of that...what a missed opportunity!

But when mr margin call wiped me out I learned a tough lesson. Timing the market is not only really hard, its insidious because it keeps lulling you into thinking it was easy. When I looked at a straight run of 50+ profitable day trades I felt invincible, right up until the day it went wrong (again).

Short version:
Day trading can be dumb but makes you feel smart
Buy&Hold can be smart but makes you feel dumb

Feeling smart is a sure sign I'm in trouble so I remember I'm really lucky everything bad that has happened to me is my own fault, which is true. To paraphrase Zorba the Greek, "marriages, affairs, divorces, children, grand children, great grandchildren—the whole catastrophe."

Edit: Given the bookends of a painful birth, inevitable death, and highs and lows in between, one is lucky to survive their worst mistakes.

Last edited:
Btw, this whole opposition to conspiracy theories on these forums baffles me based on the subject matter that is dealt with time and time again.

Btw, interesting theory about the mods.

I proposed the "mod" theory on the basis of keeping an open mind and not having been exposed to any evidence that ruled it out. I didn't even know who the mod was so it was just a general concept recognizing that this sort of thing could potentially happen. Since that time I have been informed of further details that lead to me to rule out that theory in this particular instance. But it is certainly something to guard against in the future because things are not always as they appear on the surface.

While I support any theory that fits the known facts, including conspiracies, I am appalled at the number of people who will support fringe theories that have little substance and that directly contradict reliable evidence. On the other hand, many people rule out valid theories by having unconditional support of evidence they believe is reliable and unquestionable when the evidence is, in fact, misinformation. So caution is warranted both by those who easily dismiss any conspiracy as "wacky" as well as those who have a new conspiracy for every event.

It took 101 years for Ford to go from 735k to 1.3M? Where can I get a 2020 Model T. ;)

Haha! Obviously, 2020 should be 1920. It's funny how strange it was to have to start writing "2000" when the century ended and now it's strange to write "19" anything.

And while we are correcting each other, the 735K was in 1917 (according to the information I sourced) so that would have be 103 years!

Note: I've seen multiple Ford sales and production figures from this era and they are all over the board. Some of the difference is attributable to the differences between sales and production for a given year but there are larger variances than could be reasonably attributed to that. So I would take most of the figures in the general sense. This was during WWI which also happened to coincide with Ford transitioning from a shareholder-owned company to one owned entirely by 3 or so members of the Ford family.

Yes, Ford pulled off a "take-private" event (I think it happened in 1919). And the catalyst for going private was a shareholder lawsuit demanding that Ford pay the profits as dividends to shareholders rather than use them to continue to expand production to meet demand. The Court ruled in favor of the shareholders so Ford paid the required dividends and took out loans to repurchase all outstanding shares so he could continue to expand production. Had it not been for this delay, undoubtedly Ford would have achieved even higher market share than its peak of approximately 55% and shareholders would have become even more wealthy.

Last edited:
I have not heard back from Tesla about my BOD application.
So I must conclude the communication problems continue.

Sad really because it was such a great company....and I would be such a great addition.

edit...... of course it is still just the weekend ...so maybe on Monday.
Are you a supergenius by any chance?

I disagree. The only major issue in the Dirty Tesla video was the double stop sign. After the double stop sign issue, Dirty Tesla got too excited and was overreacting to other minor issues. But yes, it's in beta.

True. The issue with the stopping under the bridge was due to a red light it saw on the far right for another lane. Still incorrect handling of the situation but at least it’s explainable. Dirty Tesla notes that in the comments.

As far as the stop sign situation, it seems AP looks for a line in the road to demarcate where to stop. They should change it to be to stop where the actual sign is unless it sees a line in the road within ten feet forward of the sign. That rule change would help greatly. Or better yet, the AI figures it out.

True. The issue with the stopping under the bridge was due to a red light it saw on the far right for another lane. Still incorrect handling of the situation but at least it’s explainable. Dirty Tesla notes that in the comments.

As far as the stop sign situation, it seems AP looks for a line in the road to demarcate where to stop. They should change it to be to stop where the actual sign is unless it sees a line in the road within ten feet forward of the sign. That rule change would help greatly. Or better yet, the AI figures it out.

Drivers are the training wheels which in this case actually teach.

Reactions: Off Shore
Drove by the Lawrenceville, NJ Delivery service center.

It was full of inventory cars mostly Model 3 end of March, now it is only half full. This is a good sign that cars are still selling even now.

There were 4-5 Model Y, highest VIN was 2224. These were not there end of March. What appears to be chrome trim is white wrap around the window.

Also, saw the new wheels/covers for the Model S. I see these on the website did not realize they were available. Maybe will allow over 400 miles. Website still has 391miles.

Another note the Porsche dealer next to the Tesla Store is now even more overflowing with cars and some are now parked in the shopping center next store. This was overflowing end of March but now is even worse. I would say 8-10 times the number of cars at the Tesla store.

thumb_IMG_3385_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_3384_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3382_1024.jpg

I disagree. The only major issue in the Dirty Tesla video was the double stop sign. After the double stop sign issue, Dirty Tesla got too excited and was overreacting to other minor issues. But yes, it's in beta.
Agree. I think he confused himself once or twice. I’m having really good luck with this.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Agree. I think he confused himself once or twice. I’m having really good luck with this.
In order to bring in money, there is always a rush amongst Youtubers to publish the first video. It's sad they don't want to allow enough time for an in-depth examination and review.

My opinion for TSLA this week is that it will climb due to the early re-opening. Expect incoming grenades from Kolodny that will fail to detonate. Re-opening on the same day as the earnings report will keep Tesla in the news all week!!!