Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the worst concept to production changes was the Volt.

#kanyeimmaletyoufinishbut

Faraday Future holds far and away the worst concept-to-production changes, in part because it's never going to hit production. Anyone remember CES 2016? Their 'unveil' and sucessive interview was so full of fail.

Here we are 3+ years later and they are no closer to production and have fewer employees than at CES 2016.

Elon tweeted
“Advanced, reusable rockets are all we need to become a multiplanet civilization. Once we have a city on Mars, interplanetary travel will create a forcing function for vast improvements in spaceflight.”

Equally true
Compelling electric cars are all we need to become a sustainable energy civilisation. Once we have a critical mass of electric cars, fierce competition will create a forcing function for vast improvements in battery and storage technology.

I can't yet rate "like" or " love" But think this is a great post!.... Thanks

• Helpful
Reactions: Mobius484
Last edited by a moderator:
csm_04102017Daily05_7f4b99f874.jpg

Lots of changes, sure, but I am not sure I would prefer the concept vs the production one in this case.
Mission-E vs Trashcan (sp?) is very clear drop of visual appeal, while the Volt concept looked kinda weird...

Concept looks like something from Carmageddon...

Something that's pretty refreshing to see : Tesla’s moment of truth will arrive in 2020

The article is hilarious but the comments are great about calling out the article for his many, many lies and inaccuracies. A year or two ago, the comments would be a mixture of people supporting tesla and people bashing tesla. Now it's much more like 75-90% of the comments are people backing Tesla. I'm seeing more and more articles where the comments section is being flooded with people calling out the bogus articles. I find it pretty funny that CNBC, Bloomberg, etc... do not allow comments on their articles. They know they would get blasted from people calling them out on their BS.

I... don’t get it. The concept looked like a weird submarine...
To be honest, I likely was drooling mostly over the concept at the time of a purely serial hybrid. I thought the styling was nice, mostly from a retro-futue look. I'm a sucker for future world at Walt Disney World and cheesy things like that, and to me the sides and rear had that "future" look to them. Somewhat like how Elon is making the new Starship hopper look like some 1950's sci-fi rocket. I LOVE it, it calls upon that childhood wonder. *shrugs*

Reactions: Nocturnal