Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll take the over on these numbers. Especially 2021 should be much higher than 790k.

Actually, out of these 6 numbers, I'm least confident about Tesla hitting the 527k in 2020. I think 2021-2023 are almost certainly going to be higher, and 2024 and 2025 are a bit hard to predict at this point.

Tesla's production capacity today:
Fremont S+X: 80k (90k, but demand might not be there, so let's say 80k)
Fremont 3+Y: 400k
Shanghai 3: 200k
Total: 680k

Tesla's production capacity end of 2020:
Fremont S+X: 80k
Fremont 3+Y: 500k
Shanghai 3: 250k
Total: 830k

Tesla's production capacity end of 2021:
Fremont: 580k
Shanghai Y: 250k at least, quite possibly more.
Berlin: Just starting to ramp
Texas: Cybertruck should be starting?
Nevada: Semi?
Total: 1,080k+

Tesla's production capacity end of 2022:
Shanghai 3+Y: 500k+
Berlin: 250k+, hard to predict exactly at this point.
Texas: Hard to predict, but should be at least 100-200k Cyber, and perhaps Y production too.
Nevada: There should be semi production, but hard to say how many. Maybe 50k/year?
Total: 2M-ish?

There's not enough visibility beyond the next 2-3 years to make any accurate guesses, but I'll be surprised if Tesla's production capacity and deliveries don't grow in excess of 50% for the next couple of years.
Question about your 2021 numbers:

Is it not likely Giga Berlin begins production on or around July 1, 2021 (>12 months from now) and contributes 50-100k or more for the year?

My thinking is 2021 production exceeds 1 million barring another global economic downturn because of MIC Model Y and Giga Berlin.

This is why you never see any teslas that were manufactured before year 2000... they all completely stopped working at the turn of the millennium and were scrapped.
3ud04t.jpg

Question about your 2021 numbers:

Is it not likely Giga Berlin begins production on or around July 1, 2021 (>12 months from now) and contributes 50-100k or more for the year?

My thinking is 2021 production exceeds 1 million barring another global economic downturn because of MIC Model Y and Giga Berlin.

This is certainly possible. However, although I'm confident predicting Shanghai Phase 2 will go up just as fast as Phase 1 did, because it's built by the same people, I'm not as confident yet in predicting Berlin will be built and ramped at the same speed.

But it's certainly possible that by the end of 2021, Berlin will be where Shanghai Phase 1 is now, and will be at a yearly production capacity of 200k and still ramping.

Last edited:
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Tesla Delivery Estimates Are Rising. It Could Be Bad for the Stock.

It still astonishes me, the calories they burn setting up FUD...

Tesla’s delivering more cars than you think, so sell?

That’s the dumbest thing I’ve read in the last 2 minutes!

(Just came from Facebook reading a comment that COVID is a lefty media conspiracy, so...)

Someone explain why the birthplace of the computer, electricity, flight, and so much more is also home to some of the biggest morons on the planet?!?

I don’t need you helping @Unpilot and bringing technicals to his attention; not that he would understand anyway. So, if you could please refrain from even so much as acknowledging his existence, I’ll make sure @mongo ‘s pistol isn’t loaded.
Ok I just enrolled in @Artful Dodger class on technical's......and a class on cat baiting.

It's the weekend....
The array of dishes has an effective area (in terms of resolution/ beam width) equivalent to a single dish that covers the same area .Energy collection/ senstivity is limited to the amount of physical antenna area.

The Starlink antenna is really an array of antennas to provide electronic beam steering/ forming which is not possible with a fixed physical antenna. Small antennas have a larger beam width, so an array of those allows more ability for electronic steering.
Right......

After-action Report: Fri, Jun 26, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "Macros head South taking TSLA to Mid-BB"

Traded: $8,089,718,741.82 ($8.09 B)
Volume: 8,380,684
VWAP: $965.28

Closing SP / VWAP: 99.49%
(TSLA closed BELOW today's Avg SP)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM = 178.008B / 173.363B = 102.68%​

'Short' Report:

FINRA Short/Total Volume = 57.1% (53rd Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 48.7% (49th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume was 1.11% of Short Volume (50th Percentile rank)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-06-26.png

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!