Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Truly bizarre. Flabbergasted really. Bought a weekly put for funsies this morning. Lost $100. No filet mignon tonight, just ramen noodles...

The crazy thing is, if it rises much more it'll be beating NASDAQ, which is down 0,28%. Can you imagine the spin on CNBC? ;)

I can only interpret this as there's been a mass of cash wanting to get into this stock at a good price right before the bond payments. There's no other logic that makes sense to me.

ED: Beating NASDAQ!

upload_2019-2-26_16-8-16.png

The NIO ES8 is not yet selling in Europe or the US. Once it is homologated to developed countries, we can then evaluate the resulting specs and prices.

In China, NIO has access to incentives and avoids certain tariffs that puts Tesla at a competitive disadvantage. However, note that the likely EPA range of the ES8 is 160-170 miles until proven otherwise with official ratings and independent reviews. With a much higher drag coefficient, it also likely cannot compare to the Model X in high speed highway travel. That puts the ES8 at far less range than a Model X. Furthermore, it isn't merely about range when comparing high end vehicles. Brand has a lot to do with price perception and Tesla represents cutting edge technology and those falcon wing doors are quite showy which is important in China. I do think that NIO represents the best competition for Tesla and hopefully will push Tesla in interesting ways.

Yes, I read through those tariffs, they are significant. Not only is Tesla being taxed, but NIO customers are also being subsidized roughly $10,000 USD. Makes it massively unfair, but too bad. Reality is that most of the electric car market is based in China. We have to deal with reality regardless of if it's fair or not.

Do you have any links backing up that 160-170 mile range figure for the ES8?

• Disagree
Reactions: CorneliusXX
I'm serious about filing an amicus brief. Again, any lawyers here?
I'd totally chip in on a go-fund me for this type of thing.
Here's a more detailed account of what Jim Cramer said:
  • Cramer suggested removing Tim Cook as Apple CEO, because being the most profitable business on the planet just doesn't cut it. (Cramer is unable to deny or confirm whether his hedge fund is short AAPL or not.)
  • Cramer suggested disbanding NASA as well, because they only landed humans on a single moon and only landed four rovers on Mars. Clearly a major technological and scientific failure.
  • Cramer suggested firing James Cameron as the director of the next Avatar movie as well, because the first Avatar movie was a big commercial disappointment.
  • Finally, Cramer explained the real reason he wants Elon Musk removed as the CEO of Tesla: he turned Tesla into the most profitable major carmaker (on a profit margin basis) in a single quarter, which is just not fair to all the shorts and their families. Tesla needs a new CEO for the bankwuptcy dream to become reality.
Cramer is an unethical hack. If we had real oversight over the investment world guys like him would be in jail or barred from trading.

Elon is a great guy, a genius, and also in the right.
But why start battles that gain you nothing? If I was him, I'd already have handed my twitter login details to my lawyer, and be dictating tweets, even the silly ones with emojis. Being spontaneous on social media is NOT worth this distraction.

You don't seem to get that Elon is kind of a 20 year old engineering student in the body of a 47 year old man. I think deep down he really just wants to be Pewdiepie.

Here's a more detailed account of what Jim Cramer said:
  • Cramer suggested removing Tim Cook as Apple CEO, because being the most profitable business on the planet just doesn't cut it. His suggested replacement for Apple CEO is Cramer's old buddy Jeffrey Skilling, who earlier this week returned from a several years long, well deserved vacation. (Cramer is unable to deny or confirm whether his hedge fund is short AAPL or not.)
  • Cramer suggested disbanding NASA as well, because they only landed humans on a single moon and only landed four rovers on Mars. Clearly a major technological and scientific failure.
  • Cramer suggested firing James Cameron as the director of the next Avatar movie as well, because the first Avatar movie was a big commercial disappointment.
  • Finally, Cramer explained the real reason he wants Elon Musk removed as the CEO of Tesla: he turned Tesla into the most profitable major carmaker (on a profit margin basis) in a single quarter, which is just not fair to all the shorts and their families. Tesla needs a new CEO for the bankwuptcy dream to become reality.
Cramer is an unpleasant little man who does not sleep at night and hates himself.

OK, I know I said last night that I was going to wait until tonight to see what the carnage was. Couldn't help but check in.

How the HELL are we in the green!!!

This is showing amazing resiliency. Glad to see about the two week notice for Elon to respond. No sense dragging it out. I suspect they are anticipating him to come crawling with his tail between his legs. Don't think that is going to happen. I think they may have pissed him off. Hopefully he keeps the board and legal team informed before he sends any kind of response. I bet it will not be pretty in the eyes of the SEC however.

Dan