Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beat me.
Anyone?
Come on...give me your scenario.
Who in here has had better dumb luck than me buying this as their first purchase of TSLA when you consider percentage increase over time.... I'd gladly swap places with any of you that were able to HODL from the initial offering but I still might beat you on percentage increase over time... I could not have done it. I didn't. I did not see Tesla as ever possibly being the champion of EV's. I saw he was making advancements with his AAA battery powered fancy cars, but till the cybertruck I thought he was going to get squashed So I never even considered investing in TSLA. And so many of you did. And then how in the hell were you able to HODL! Some of the FUD I read in the short time I have held the stock made me feel I had done something wrong, really wrong. If you all weren't here (and I wasn't here to read you and gather a better perspective) I would have sold several times in the past 6 months.
And you guys. You are nuts. And strong, and smart. and lucky.
I am lucky too!

Symbol
TSLA $1,371.58
Price When Added 644.4574
Date Added 01/30/2020
Change Since Added +112.83%
So in less than half a year from my initial stock purchase I more than doubled my money.

So who did better than me?
I tell ya who.... quite a few guys in the Tesla Truck Forum. Their bragging made me investigate Tesla. They were posting how their investment in TSLA stock was going to pay for their Cybertrck. (And now we know it wasn't bragging because it is fact.)And one of them led me here...and you all sounded like you knew what you were doing so I played along.
Thanks to Elon for engineering a vehicle that got me interested in TSLA. And thanks to all the retail investors on the The Cybertruck Forum and so many of you here.

Here's my story -- it's still stunning when I stop to think about it, which is actually not often though it's hard not to reflect on a day like today.

Made my first TSLA purchase in September 2018. I'm currently at 26x my original investment. Through mid-2019 I was double leveraged (!) and had to move money around to avoid margin calls. My how the tides have turned. I pulled money out for a house and a Model X in February, and yet my brokerage account increased in value by almost that withdrawn amount...today. I dreamed of TSLA helping me to achieve these things, but I never thought that it would happen so fast.

My (no longer aspirational) avatar is an ongoing homage to and celebration of that fact, as well as the countless longs who made this forum an almost priceless resource capable of transforming people's lives, and hopefully the world, for the better.

Cheers to all. Here's hoping that we have much more to look forward to in the coming years not just as investors, but as fellow inhabitants of this planet we all call home.

A couple of pages ago I said I was holding out for buying more TSLA, hoping that macros would pull TSLA down later in the year, hopefully in $500 - $600 territory so I could buy more. Now I need to rethink my thesis as I don't see them falling that much anymore. I mean even a huge 27% drop would land TSLA only at $1000. A price we would all have been celebrating three weeks ago.
I don't know what to do anymore. I am in shock.

Have you ever been introduced to "buy and hold" investing? ;)

I know it's annoying and I apologise. Just find it hard to ignore as I get older and Tesla-wealthier.

My tentative plan is to move my 2022 idea forward to today. Gonna stop by the two EV conversion companies I'm aware of near Philly and start pricing out a ground-up Wrangler TJ/EV build off a fresh frame, tub and crashed Tesla.

My one compromise will be to give up the 4WD dream and just drop in a Model S/X rear drivetrain. Anyone know if I absolutely have to have liquid coolant for individual Tesla pack modules? Can I just drain and break down a Model X pack, then use the dozen or so battery modules as individual packs mounted in various locations in my new Jeep?
Now you’re talking, if I could get my Jeep to be powered by Tesla and have lots of range I wouldn’t need a Cybertruck, heck it has nothing to do with Need I want a Cybertruck badly and since the account gained a TriMotor on paper today why not. Never sold a share and still not planning to for many years to come. I don’t trade, just buy and hold with every overtime penny I could spare for the last 2 years. Congrats to the longs!

Lots of us did better than doubling in 6 months. The last shares I bought were at $356 and $366 on March 18, 2020. Granted, those weren't my first shares but, they did pretty well too. Anyone who bought 12 months ago or less for $346 or less has quadrupled their money. And let's not even talk about options....

Hindsight is 20/20. Always look forward. There is plenty of growth left in Tesla.
All those people that made their first purchase when the stock was $346 stand up!
All you old guys where half your posts are made up of segments of 2-6 capital letters and bought stocks on the dip you knew what you were doing, keep your seats.
As to looking forward....jeez, There should be a t-shirt, "I survived the drop from $960."

Richness secured

Attachments

• AF0D2580-306A-4E30-8B65-1CAE0160F722.png
    AF0D2580-306A-4E30-8B65-1CAE0160F722.png
    295.5 KB · Views: 63
All those people that made their first purchase when the stock was $346 stand up!
All you old guys where half your posts are made up of segments of 2-6 capital letters and bought stocks on the dip you knew what you were doing, keep your seats.
As to looking forward....jeez, There should be a t-shirt, "I survived the drop from $960."
I remember when stock hit 300. It was huge. 400 was tough....

Reactions: wipster