Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Allow me to summarize this video for those short on time:

1. One of you out there is like Elon Musk.
2. Buy this >20,000 page book from me for $10.
3. Read it.
4. Make cars using what you learned in the book.
5. Enjoy your billions in wealth.

I'll buy it more to see if my computer can handle a 20,000 page pdf.

He said it cost $2.1 million to make the report so probably still worth $10.

Reactions: AZRI11
I lost my ability to drive a manual, even driving an automatic ICE seems weird these days..

For some reason transmissions can be a problematic wear item in some modern ICE cars... (according to a good mechanic who we trust).

The German designed hot hatch just has to be a bit better than the competition, and drive a bit like a Tesla, and it will sell like hot cakes in Europe,...

I've driven around Europe in one myself (in the days when I could drive a manual), parking in European cities and even small towns can be tight, a small easy to park car, is a lot less hassle.
A tesla that can't park itself in 2 years time, even in the tightest spot is not a tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: MC3OZ

One of the reasons many millions of people prefer micro cars to subcompacts or compacts is the price of fuel.

With BEV this eliminates this barrier. With cheaper operating cost many will prefer a subcompact to a micro car. Not saying Tesla should sell Cybertruck in Rome and Tokyo. Subcompacts.
That is really a bit of NA bias. Many, maybe most, vehicle owners in European and Asian cities prefer smaller vehicles because of very crowded parking and traffic. They choose small BEV in part because of vehicle access restrictions.

As a general rule some of those smaller vehicles are not cheap. There is fairly good data on some of those in areas where sales by geo codes are available.
If anybody wants more evidence some of us will probably be happy to help.

No idea, but with 7 houses to clean either maids are required or all their time will be spent cleaning them, both of which defeat the purpose of an island; alone and restful.
Or......you could rent them out to fellow TMC'ers and every day gather around the town hall and watch and discuss TSLA over some good liquor. What more could you ask for????:)

I want to take a moment to thank all the "analysts" who kept the stock artificially super low.

It allowed plenty time for many people do their own in depth research (aka simply buying one) and purchase the stock at a bargain price.

Now many of those people (aka Tesla owners) will have a very nice piece of this fine company and will participate in the obvious successful future it will have.

"Analysts", I salute you for not seeing it. Thank you.

(Tip: Next time buy the product, duh)

I've always defended Fred but the word "shut down" sure sounds like FUD.

Why would the whole plant shutdown if the upgrades are being made to GA4 or whatever :confused:?

Meanwhile I feel like Tesla is about to make some moves, no idea if it is to the upside or downside lol. 4 million shares traded and we are mostly flat? All these guys going on media saying it's overvalued are probably looking to buy back in lower. That 1485 level has held pretty strong since yesterday afternoon.

• Informative
Reactions: dl003
Bigger opportunity in subcompact CUV.

Tesla should prioritize top 20M units of the automotive market not the bottom 20M.

Not only does this make bigger profits it displaces more fossil fuels.

Tesla can't make 100M cars per year anytime soon.

Tesla can't make 50M cars per year anytime soon even if FSD dramatically cuts down demand for private cars.

One of the reasons many millions of people prefer micro cars to subcompacts or compacts is the price of fuel.

With BEV this eliminates this barrier. With cheaper operating cost many will prefer a subcompact to a micro car. Not saying Tesla should sell Cybertruck in Rome and Tokyo. Subcompacts.
I didn't think of it. YOU did. And it is quite true, and therefore your logic is correct, Tesla should NOT make a subcompact at all. Ever.
People ONLY buy subcompacts because they are less expensive to purchase and fuel consumption(cost) is lower. Subcompacts are sub-par in every performance and comfort metric. Period.
IF(when) Tesla develops powertrain and battery technology to provide a "cheap" solution to personal vehicle transport in terms of initial and maintenance costs then no one will think to buy a subcompact. Nor should they.

• Disagree
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Here is a 3 month snapshot of our favorite stock.
I imagine this to be like climbing Mt. Everest.

Need a few resting places on the way up.
we are at elevation 1500 feet right now.

everest.jpg

Why would the whole plant shutdown if the upgrades are being made to GA4 or whatever :confused:?

Meanwhile I feel like Tesla is about to make some moves, no idea if it is to the upside or downside lol. 4 million shares traded and we are mostly flat? All these guys going on media saying it's overvalued are probably looking to buy back in lower. That 1485 level has held pretty strong since yesterday afternoon.
Productivity upgrades are hugely positive. Why would anyone lead with "shut down"?

I was thinking how the pre announcement run-up would end because it looked out of hand. It ended on Monday with that 300 point drop. That's MMs saying "party is over." Now it's up to someone to call their bluff.

That is really a bit of NA bias. Many, maybe most, vehicle owners in European and Asian cities prefer smaller vehicles because of very crowded parking and traffic. They choose small BEV in part because of vehicle access restrictions.

As a general rule some of those smaller vehicles are not cheap. There is fairly good data on some of those in areas where sales by geo codes are available.
If anybody wants more evidence some of us will probably be happy to help.

Model S can't fit through some traffic restrictions on ordinary roads in London. I can't find a reference - but there's some discussion here - Model S and X dimensions living in London

By preference, I would prefer a smaller car. When young, I had an old clunker of an estate car, huge compared to almost anything. I just checked and it's smaller than a model 3 by a long way.

London restrictions include 6'6" - here is an unpopular 7' one - This 'dangerous' width restriction could finally be reviewed

0_woodmereavenuevancensored.jpg

and someone who hit it - look at the car size. They had to be cut out (or that's the worst open-top car I've ever seen.

9457690.jpg

Far, far worse in many Roman-era towns in Southern Europe. Yes, many towns in Europe are over 2000 years old.

white-car-parked-beside-white-concrete-building-during-daytime.jpg

I want to take a moment to thank all the "analysts" who kept the stock artificially super low.

It allowed plenty time for many people do their own in depth research (aka simply buying one) and purchase the stock at a bargain price.

Now many of those people (aka Tesla owners) will have a very nice piece of this fine company and will participate in the obvious successful future it will have.

"Analysts", I salute you for not seeing it. Thank you.

(Tip: Next time buy the product, duh)

Yup. Analyst intelligence curve is bi modal. Some very smart people and some people that barely know where to apply toilet paper (strange because of their job name).