Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let the data speak for itself. Attitudes are mixed depending on the given proposal. Also, this data at a year old is stale. I think further polling is needed after the many shocks sustained by the US this year.

Screen_Shot_2019_07_23_at_1.55.14_PM.png

yes but this doesn’t show the shift. You have to look at year over year polling which shows a clear shift left. Hence me saying the middle it self is shifting left. Some of it undoubtedly spurred because of Trump.

Reactions: wtlloyd and JRP3
I wasn’t talking about the political parties, neither of which I am a fan of, but ideology which shows up in voter registration data and polling. Clearly you haven’t seen the actual polling on American’s attitudes to different policies.

It’s not me that is living in a bubble, there is clear evidence that Americans have shifted attitudes on social and economic issues to the left in recent years. Many political scientists have written papers on this.

I'll make this my last post since this is drifting OT, but I actually agree with you mostly here. Environment, healthcare, cronyism, equality the left is mostly winning.

However, while equal justice issues are favored by nearly all, the type of current spanish inquisition-style super-PC wokeness is massively unpopular with everyone but a small subset of twitter-dwellers, and they don't generally voice their opinions about it because it's almost dangerous to in the current climate. Its unpopularity us part of the reason IMHO, that Boris Johnson won such a huge upset in the UK.

Yo gotta be batsh#t crazy if you think Texas will slow down for ants. :)

I can see that bats will not be a problem, Texans will shoot them down in no time.
But ants could be more problematic, you see, they are very small so harder to aim your gun at 'em, plus so many of them needs a lot of ammo...

I'll make this my last post since this is drifting OT, but I actually agree with you mostly here. Environment, healthcare, cronyism, equality the left is mostly winning.

However, while equal justice issues are favored by nearly all, the type of current spanish inquisition-style super-PC wokeness is massively unpopular with everyone but a small subset of twitter-dwellers, and they don't generally voice their opinions about it because it's almost dangerous to in the current climate. Its unpopularity us part of the reason IMHO, that Boris Johnson won such a huge upset in the UK.
Keep it going until 1pm pst. Thanks.

Keep it going until 1pm pst. Thanks.

Ok, one last one then, agree there are instances of woke culture overreach, that’s conflating Twitter with the real world tho imo to say it’s representative of anything.

also BoJo didn’t pull off an upset, he was kind of favored all along in no small part because Corbyn is an awful politician

Elon needs to relax on this red pill MAGA nonsense. When you have Iraq war veterans commanding national guard troops in DC coming out against the use of tear gas on peaceful protestors, I don't think the left has lost anything.

Elon needs to relax on this red pill MAGA nonsense. When you have Iraq war veterans commanding national guard troops in DC coming out against the use of tear gas on peaceful protestors, I don't think the left has lost anything.
Cancel culture has dramatically turned the tide of public opinion against the Screeching Left on Twitter. Elon lives on Twitter so this is the nonsense he sees every day.

Judging by your location I'm not surprised you think this way. NYC/SF/LA live in a bit of a bubble.

Most people are sick of both parties and their shenanigans. It's like they take positions on issues based solely on how much it will piss the other side off. It's why the congressional approval rate sits at like 14%.

Biden v Trump is probably the worst case of lesser evils in a long, long time.
Please don't allow this type of thinking to prevent you from voting for Biden, like happened to Hillary. There is a huge difference between Democrat and Republican policies, especially concerning the environment. The current administration has been the biggest disaster for this country (and the world) in decades. We have to stop it in November.

To get this on topic... a Democratic administration with Biden's version of a "Green New Deal" would be a huge boost to Tesla and the environment in general.

Cancel culture has dramatically turned the tide of public opinion against the Screeching Left on Twitter. Elon lives on Twitter so this is the nonsense he sees every day.
Well, I live in the real world and cancel culture isn't a thing. But more importantly to this forum, Elon is risking pissing off his main customer demographic. Like it or not most Tesla buyers are left leaning. Nothing to gain from that nonsense and much to lose.

Navy vet here. Elon is right on.
Nah. Most Americans are for wearing masks, against cops murdering innocent people and tear gassing peaceful protestors, and don't believe that windmills cause cancer.