Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Get the popcorn ready. o_O

282B5B63-CA88-4E9C-99F1-57B16110A214.jpeg

All I'm saying is for a company that prides itself on continuous improvement and innovation this is one aspect of their experience I'd like to see them improve. It is so easy for the casual Tesla buyer to confuse these fit issues with all the FUD that goes around in the media and think that these "fit" issues could potentially be mechanical issues too. I have educated so many of them in the past few months and converted a few into buyers so I know this is a real issue.

Yeah I think we both agree that Tesla can and should improve quality and that it has led to some uninformed potential buyers either waiting or cancelling their purchase. I'm just saying I don't think it matters when you have no competition in town AND when you have the ability to continue to drop prices at will on the competition. This would be a different story if Tesla was still only selling high end version of their cars all above 50k where there's a much more limited pool of buyers.

I will say, and I've thought this from the beginning....but Tesla gets a very unfair amount of criticism about it's build quality and the kind of obsessives behavior of Tesla buyers kinda played into this. Absolutely no other car company deals with customers measuring panel gaps or misalignment......not even the higher end brands. Across my family and friends, I had never seen anyone paying attention to details like that when purchasing a regular car.....even when that regular car was a BMW or Lexus(and I've been on BMW and Lexus lots and have seen plenty of cars with gaps/misalignment). Some people may not agree with my opinion on that but the insistent spotlight on tesla from it's customers, the media, including things like Sandy Munroe's breakdowns(which have been great btw) and of course shorts, unfairly paints Tesla issues as Tesla specific issues when in fact they are issues every auto maker deals with.

Last edited:
I think it's a bit remiss from Tesla to give a car with such obvious issues to people who are going to review them. They should be going over these cars before they go out and. resolve all these stupid issues.

Tesla has too much integrity to only give perfect examples to reviewers. No one gets a cherry-picked, perfect example unless it is by the luck of the draw!

If you can't handle minor panel gaps I suppose you might be sentenced to only owning BMWs, Hondas and lowly Toyotas! ;) /s

Don't think it's wrong though.... but the same is true of the right as well.

It’s pretty inaccurate considering the amount of voters that have switched from Republican to Dem, the strong preference of swing voters to vote Dem this year as well. And by any dieological lens as recent studies have shown the Dems here would be considered moderates on the global stage where as the GOP is pretty far right.

however now that there is a progressive wing of the party (in response to decades of worsening economic inequality) many rich people like Musk feel without a home, but that doesn’t mean it’s true as a generalization, but the party leadership including the candidate is as moderate as it gets.

It’s fairly evident the middle has it self shifted to the left wether that’s on economic or racial issues.

Okay. Well. I think they decided how much they need by doing the raise earlier this year and then cutting costs during the pandemic to continue to add to their cash.

Since they stated they want to make minimal profit etc, etc... in full context of everything else they are doing, when they stop building their bank we’ll know when they believe they have that necessary level of on hand reserve. No?
I think their raising cash going into the pandemic was brilliantly timed. I think it also indicates the amount of cash they thought they needed to do the berlin factory and survive the pandemic. But gets back too how much should they hold in reserve and how much do they think they need to best expand. If they do another cash raise I won't cry because I will think they good plans on how to expand faster.

• Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand