Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm 53 and just announced my retirement to my employer today. Thanks TSLA![/QUOTE

Congratulations. Over a decade ago I was 54 when I retired thanks to gains in AAPL. For me the value of retiring when I still had energy was the extra time to apply my skills to things that might make a difference in the world.

For all the fun talk here about purchasing islands, I have high expectations that the new cohort of early retirees made possible by TSLA will stand on the shoulders of Musk, et al, and make this world — or Mars — a better place.

Guess Elon's feeling a little frisky this afternoon:

View attachment 576329
giphy.gif

Wow, Tesla's new solar pricing must have really attracted a lot of new customers: Powerwall 3.0

I placed an order for an additional PW2 on June 20th. Just called in today and was told that the backlog for the design team is 6-8 weeks before they are even able to draw up the plans, and this is for an easy install. Was also told that orders placed now will be installed in either late Q4 or Q1 2021. So if you are augmenting solar and want the 26% tax credit, order soon as I am guessing it will be lower next year.

Can we say H.U.G.E??????

View attachment 576319
That timing is in line with what was said at ER and would mean that it would be version 2020.40 or 2020.44. So deferred revenue for this is likely to be in Q4.

Edit: @BlackS is referring to Elon's tweet about the FSD rewrite - when I wrote my response I thought the tweet would be visible in the quoted message.

Last edited:
Wow, Tesla's new solar pricing must have really attracted a lot of new customers: Powerwall 3.0
Or, are they holding up sales of storage products until after Battery Day?

I continue to think that Battery Day is more about energy storage than car/truck batteries.

Car battery improvements are important, but Tesla is constrained to take advantage of transformative advances in car batteries because it can only build factories so fast. Let alone building superchargers, sales and support infrastructure, etc.

But transformative technology for energy storage has mind-bending immediate upside. And it could turn the solar side of the business into something epic.

More driving range? Faster charging time? Lower car cost? All nice.

Disrupting the global energy industry? THAT would be market moving.