Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What the deal with the AH drop on Google and Yahoo but not on Nasdaq.com? Weird.
A glitch or an option trade or something. I's back up now.

Edit: except for that, after hours trading hasn't moved more than +/- $1... this is very rare. Something fishy is going on.

Last edited:
Congratulations. Over a decade ago I was 54 when I retired thanks to gains in AAPL. For me the value of retiring when I still had energy was the extra time to apply my skills to things that might make a difference in the world.

For all the fun talk here about purchasing islands, I have high expectations that the new cohort of early retirees made possible by TSLA will stand on the shoulders of Musk, et al, and make this world — or Mars — a better place.

Congrats to everyone as well.

I am currently transitioning my life (again). It takes a while to go from stock went waaaay up to having an established life and getting everything ready to give back.

Probably in 3 years time I will be ready to start making this world a better place. Just goes to show how much work it is to unclog oneself from the system.

Some stats from the current industrial production in July. Still the same as June. Not great, not bad either. Our corp didn't have to layoff anybody or reduce hours at all and kept the factory running full time. One of our proudest achievement.

Last edited:
Wow, Tesla's new solar pricing must have really attracted a lot of new customers: Powerwall 3.0

We ordered our powerwalls in the Spring and after accepting our deposit, they contacted us a few weeks later and gave us the name of a local contractor. Tesla was backlogged and couldn't guarantee that we would have everything installed and working by the end of the year which is necessary to get the Federal Tax Credit. The contractor (a Tesla Powerwall dealer) has moved ahead and we are in the permitting stage now, so should be done within a month or two assuming the permitting gets done in a reasonable time. California has an additional rebate so we are getting the powerwalls and associated equipment and installation at over 50% off. You do need to have solar to get the powerwalls. We've had our solar panels since 2009 from Solar City. When they talked to us they told us that Elon Musk was the chairman of the company (the sales person said "you know, he is one of the founders of Paypal!"). No mention of Tesla back then.

CNBC - hour ago:

Listening to these kinds of bears changing their story seems to indicate to me they are expecting a rather large equity raise (10% in this case). In order for it to make sense, these bears who's institution want in on the action have to change their story so the price they will be buying at makes sense. If they don't change their story the investors they have will ask WHY shares of TSLA are in their portfolio if Tesla is such a horrible buy. Most people rely on their broker's advice. They are not like us and following things.

Does that mean there will be a large second offering for the SP500 inclusion? I really don't know but an offering sure is getting hinted at. Think back at how many times Elon would say "No second offering" at the ER and then poof... second offering. I think what it comes down to is when large institutions come to Elon and say, "Hey dude we would really like to throw large sums of money at you!", Elon looks at what he can do with that money and accepts it. The question now is if Elon doesn't see anything MORE they can do... is Tesla at max growth rate?

Hamilton was a Brit - we celebrate him as one of our own. Somebody had to sort you lot out...

Errr...yes, that should make him a traitor to you guys. He fought against British troops, stole 24 British canons and signed the Declaration of Independence. You can't claim him for your own after he renounced Britain.

On the other hand, he was diametrically opposed to many of the most cherished ideals held by our more revered founders of America. The main thing he had in common with them is that he was willing to succeed from Britain. But primarily because he saw how that could be personally very profitable for himself.:oops: So I wish you guys would claim him back but you can't! :D

Reactions: AZRI11
  • Informative
Reactions: AZRI11 and dl003
AEDA15A6-B6AA-401E-826E-41CCDE2A3582.jpeg
My official retirement date from the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power will be 1 September 2020. Actually, I’m promoting to avocado farmer.

75562520-6AFB-4D3C-9632-6B7A275A02F4.jpeg

Thanks Elon

Of course, that old farm house will need a new roof...

Errr...yes, that should make him a traitor to you guys. He fought against British troops, stole 24 British canons and signed the Declaration of Independence. You can't claim him for your own after he renounced Britain.

On the other hand, he was diametrically opposed to many of the most cherished ideals held by our more revered founders of America. The main thing he had in common with them is that he was willing to succeed from Britain. But primarily because he saw how that could be personally very profitable for himself.:oops: So I wish you guys would claim him back but you can't! :D
That sounds like an American ideal if I've ever heard one.

View attachment 576365 My official retirement date from the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power will be 1 September 2020. Actually, I’m promoting to avocado farmer.

View attachment 576364

Thanks Elon

Of course, that old farm house will need a new roof...
Wow man, nice.

I have to admit I fall for the click bait yet again:
View attachment 576217
While in the article:

So, basically Polestar is more enjoyable because it’s slower, and the author doesn’t know Tesla has chill mode.
:p
What the heck is with these 'elegant pull away' types?! Does anyone not know how to modulate an accelerator pedal anymore?! It's easier in a Tesla than it is in an ICE car because the behavior is so smooth and linear. Made up BS like this, just to negate a Tesla advantage, burns my buns.