Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
12291741319198.png

Happy hour?

Nah. I’ll wait for the finest of Tequillas:

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-17_14-26-55.jpeg
    upload_2020-8-17_14-26-55.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 52
Behind a paywall.

Eh? Dunno where you're looking at. I got that from Apple Stock apps, and was easily readable in it's entirety. Basically said the exact same thing that the other posters did, that the first month of the quarter is usually the smallest.

:eek: It has since disappeared from the app though when I went go get a screen shot. Maybe someone went "oh, etron!" and paywalled it to limit the spread before they can update it?

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
My favorite is that demand will evaporate once buyers can't get the Federal Tax Credit.

Remember that one? :D
I cannot imagine what demand would be if there was a new substantial federal tax credit. Even $5000 off the price of a base 3 would be an amazing deal. Cybertruck demand could not be fulfilled for years unless Tesla raised the price.

This is exactly why the pundits are also speechless on air. So they just fall back on comparing 2020 production numbers in disbelief, still thinking it's a car company, lol.

They drank the kool aid and can't believe it was actually filled with Everclear... until the next morning.

I'm no Jonas fan - far from it.
But, I don't think the issue with the automotive numbers is what he thinks Tesla's appeal will be, but just how quickly Tesla can build factories to get production to those levels.

If we say, for instance, that a GF produces 500K vehicles/year, and then allow for a TF to produce 750K vehicles/year, how many TF's does Tesla need to build, how quickly can they build them - both financially and physically? For Tesla to get to 10M vehicles/year, they need between 15 and 20 factories, right?

Right now we have Fremont+GF1 and Shanghai. Tesla has said Fremont will be at 600K in 2020 (90K S&X, 500+K 3&Y), and Shanghai currently at 200K. Add in Berlin for a few hundred thou in 2021 and Austin a bit behind. That's still just 4 factories, so that gets them to 2M vehicles/year.

This is a multi-year endeavor, and Wall St. has trouble seeing beyond 12 months. The standard brokerage firms like Morgan Stanley literally impose 12 month limits on price targets. So while Cathie Wood is able to talk about 5-10 years down the road, Jonas couldn't, even if he wanted to.

First bagger? A bagger is not a million, it's a multiple x of your original investment. Looks to be your 4th bagger. And the sp you want is what it takes for your account to be mil.

"Four bagger", not "4th bagger". It can be a multiple of your first purchase, your lowest cost purchase or you average cost basis depending upon how you want to massage it.

Speaking of massages, that sounds like a great idea! :)

i wish they'd made it a 10:1 split instead of a 5:1 split. it's not really accomplishing much if after the split the price still rockets past $500 a share within a couple months.

Amazon had 3 stock splits in about a year back in 98 when they last did. There's nothing to stop the board from splitting soon again if they think it is wiser to do so.

I cannot imagine what demand would be if there was a new substantial federal tax credit. Even $5000 off the price of a base 3 would be an amazing deal. Cybertruck demand could not be fulfilled for years unless Tesla raised the price.

the problem i always worry about is these deals being tailored to conveniently exclude Tesla. It's somewhat less likely at the Federal level, but I absolutely wouldn't put it past certain state legislatures.

I think many of use here have taken literal abuse from friends, family and colleagues on our $TSLA investment. For my part I always explained why it was such a great opportunity, while they just parroted back the FUD from the various websites.

They ain't laughing now though, and as I've said before, only one person ever took my advice and invested, her average buy-in was around $200.

It's so obvious to me, I don't understand why others don't get it.
Most people are heavily mind controlled by the media. Having never learned to think for themselves, they would have had no way of independently evaluating information that contradicts the FUD the media was spewing for years. The media controls the narrative, and for a decade the narrative on Elon was set at destroy. People like us were called cult members and worse. So f__k 'em I say. We're right and we're rich, that's a double victory over the people who attacked us relentlessly for years.

And analysts on CNBC say 'stock split does nothing for a stock' :)
They're right, the split doesn't do anything; anyone can do simple algebra and see it. It's a broader base of investor bidding up the price of the stock that will do the work. For persons whose work is to communicate with the mass, they're (un)surprisingly oblivious to human psychology.

NJ has a $5000 rebate plus no sales tax on zero emissions vehicles. Must be under $55K, so Performance 3 qualifies, as long as you get it in white.