Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pre-market volume is shaping up to be very high:

pre-vol.jpg

Already at ~150k as of 7:15AM.

SPY is down -0.21% as of this writing.

100% concur re: Cramer. Scary that he's still so "off" on Tesla; his interview with Rob demonstrates that the knowledge of a retail investor can now be so much better than what's held by the "experts."

As for Karen and FackChecking: A massive loss for this forum that they were run off. Depressing really, to see such idiocy by heavy-handed mods.
Please don’t call our mods idiots.

The ARK piece you link to is for 2024 price targets for when Tesla is far further down the track of ramping production and FSD capability (or not) eventuates - Tesla has already crossed the lower 4 of the 10 2024 price target scenarios listed by ARK, most of the much higher stock price scenarios assumes Tesla will achieve autonomy and regulators allow Tesla to launch an autonomous network by 2024 (two things that I would love to see happen, but are not in anyway certain - especially by 2024).

I think its fair for TSLA bulls to ask whether Tesla fundamentals support the current share price. It is perfectly reasonable for one to consider whether the stock price has overshot on valuation in the short term, while still remaining invested due to it being a worthy long term investment.

I posit that money is best made in the stock market when you have a knowledge or information gradient. If you're reading this thread, often, you will eventually have that. (And it used to be far better before the mods got too heavy handed with some of our best-informed posters.)

The market is all about tomorrow--what is coming, vs. what "is."

Many of the market experts appear asleep at the wheel, thinking that Tesla is a just another car company that happens to make EV's. THEY HAVEN'T A CLUE. (See Rob's "Cramer interview," and any "short" interview.)

The true value of TSLA is far north of $2k . . . if you believe the story and Elon's vision, which I feel is a "must-do" if we're to have a Earth we can live on successfully.

When it comes to AGW, it's like nuclear weapons--you just don't mess around. We're all in deep fecal matter if Elon doesn't pull this off.

In my simple mind the best thing about having money is not having to worry about money accordingly now you can do the stuff you are passionate about.
Time is our most valuable asset and a few extra bucks will allow you to follow your passion.
During my life thus far I have yet to met anyone who does not worry about money. FWIW, those people include a number of billionaires for whom I provided services.
Anecdotes are not statistically relevant but: quite a few years ago I was at my avionics shop purchasing an instrument to be installed in my airplane, at the time a single engine piston five passenger TB-20. By coincidence in the shop at the time was the owner of a Gulfstream G-IV, their top model at the time. He was getting a series of modifications to cabin systems. I was blown away, first by meeting this fellow who remains a household name today. Second by his interest in my tiny French bird, saying he was hoping Dassault with make a bigger Falcon that would, as befits Falcons be cheaper to operate than the Gulfstream. The avionics guy, listening to this, cut a few thousand off the price of his mods. Not too long after that I was lucky enough to get a type rating on a smaller Falcon which helped me to understand why the billionaire preferred Dassault to Gulfstream. That fellow now has a Falcon 8X. Moral: even the wealthiest people still worry about money, even if it is a quite different reference.

Why else do Model S and Model X cash buyers worry about efficiency and durability?

Last point: Doing things about which one is passionate generally have better financial results than do doing things you don't like to do.

Everybody I know is texting me to sell

Nobody buys but they all recommend to sell
I'm sick of hearing how this 'bubble' is going to burst soon.
Every single person who says this turns out to have no TSLA and no idea what Tesla are doing.
I need to think up a witty bubble-related retort for them. :)

Pretty textbook bull flag and breakout, with an absurd target around $2350.

View attachment 578608

I know my TA got y’all “excited” yesterday, but $2350 is still in play, just another 15% move.

I personally don’t think that S&P inclusion will be announced before 8/31. The volatility around the split, and even the potential back-office work at the index funds that would have to occur if inclusion were announced sometime in the next week leads me to believe they would delay a bit and avoid all that. I realize that the committee < > index funds, but there’s certainly some relationship there, and a wildly fluctuating SP sure could make fund managers lives more difficult. They’ll never avoid that completely, of course.

In hindsight, I’m sure they would have liked to have announced right after earnings and had the index benefit from the sweet, sweet TSLA gains. TSLA-envy.

As with my artistic TA above, all pure conjecture.

I know Jim isn't appreciated by everyone, but he's influential to the CNBC crowd and having him on our side is a huge positive.

Hot take from my 71 year-old Mother, who is familiar with Cramer, but new to Rob:

6ACE190A-1B5B-4E23-875E-9B1F65C84260.jpeg

Of course she’s very pleased with the handful of shares that she bought, circa 420 tweet, but after this video she asked about buying more.

I think a good portion of Cramer’s audience understands that he’s an entertainer first, but his Tesla conversion is still quite powerful, since it’s so rare to see anyone change their mind publicly these days.

My take away is that Cramer learned more about Tesla than perhaps any other company in those 45mins. Love him or hate him, I have no clue how he give advice to telephone callers on the thousands of tickers in the market. He knows a little bit of something about everything which is pretty amazing. So to fit this much Tesla info into his head is pretty amazing.

People need to understand that we spend hours a day on Tesla. The cnbc folks cannot because there's not enough time in the world to do that much deep diving. So the good news is that as Tesla climb, it has a positive feed back loop as it becomes a darling of theirs because the sheer number of people who buys in don't want to hear FUD from them as negative reports will just turn half of Americans off, if half of Americans now own TSLA.
Yeah, it was disappointing that he was completely mistaken about what "million mile battery" even meant.

Yes.

Allow me to be blunt: You need to study Tesla more.

With respect, you seem to conclude that posing the question constitutes doubting the value. That is fallacious.

You also assert that I should "..study Tesla more." I think I might have done an adequate job of research.

Still, the exceedingly rapid runup of share price suggests that there is a risk of correction, not permanent, but systemic.

There are quite substantial systemic risks from protectionism, poor infectious disease management, near-global recession, gigantic budgetary deficits in all non-China auto markets and so on. We all blithely ignore all those, as do many capital market participants.

Being keenly aware of risks is part of intelligent investing. Denial of risks is not.

I am very bullish on TSLA. My brokerage account clearly prove that. I look at shareholdings that have some extra zeros because of lots of luck since the 2008 catastrophic events. Then I look at what happened then, and what was happening in the preceding decade.

Prudence does not equate to ignorance.

We all should know that.

I will never understand how this board is run. Posts like this should have you insta-banned.

Well, I did consider removing that post. It is getting tiring that this subject is constantly being brought up. Yes, it's a bloody shame these two have left the board, as they were a valuable addition. And if the moderating at that time was the direct cause, that's a pity. But it's time to move on. They are both adults and have decided not to come back (despite pleas by many, me included), even though it's been almost half a year. They are obviously enjoying what they are doing now. So let's drop the subject.

More positive news:

Tesla requests FCC aporoval for interior radar to detect children left in the car.
Tesla seeks approval for sensor that could detect child left in hot cars

ARKK had $124 million in additional inflows on Wednesday.
Tesla-Dependent ETF Sees Record Inflow After 24 Weeks of Gains
I wonder why they need radar when they can do motion detection via internal cameras. Maybe it eats up too much battery? But it just needs to be on for 5 mins after door lock.