Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
100% concur re: Cramer. Scary that he's still so "off" on Tesla; his interview with Rob demonstrates that the knowledge of a retail investor can now be so much better than what's held by the "experts."
In his defense he has to follow hundreds of companies. I give him a lot of credit for bowing to Rob's expertise.
I wonder why they need radar when they can do motion detection via internal cameras. Maybe it eats up too much battery? But it just needs to be on for 5 mins after door lock.
Perhaps it sees things outside the car and offers false positives.

08:00 a.m. Whistle: Fri, 21 Aug 2020
  • TSLA share price: $2,026.00 24.17 +1.21%
  • NASDAQ Pre-market Volume: 265,628 "Heavy"
  • NASDAQ-100 Futures: -11.00 -0.10% 08:58:32 ET
  • Pre-Market High: $2,055.90 (06:04:20 AM)
  • Pre-Market Low: $2,013.02 (06:04:06 AM)
TSLA.2020-08-21.08-55.png

Comment: "08:01 a.m. SP was $5-10 below the 04-08 a.m. avg SP"

Cheers!

Last edited:
Now that we're at a massive sum of PAPER gains on TSLA, what do you think the odds are that I'll have much leverage on getting those payments back on the agreed-upon schedule?

Oh, yeah! That was the second rule right after "don't tell", don't loan money to family/friends unless you don't like them. I don't recommend people go into debt and I don't want to help them get there!

Plus, breaking legs and dumping them in the desert is not the most pleasant task on your "To-do" list! ;)

Last edited:
I wonder why they need radar when they can do motion detection via internal cameras. Maybe it eats up too much battery? But it just needs to be on for 5 mins after door lock.
Its a matter of accuracy and capability. For example, using millimeter they can see through things like blankets and identify a child beneath it. They can also detect micromovements such as breathing.

I'd post a link, but I think it was already posted previously. Also note that this is not new: IIRC in their application they referenced Waymo being granted for the same reason.

edit: Tesla aims to save young lives with interior motion detection sensor
teslarati said:
The device “can differentiate between a child and an object left on the seat, reducing the likelihood of false alarms,” Tesla said. It can also detect “micromovements like breathing patterns and heart rates, neither of which can be captured by cameras or in-seat sensors alone.”

and
teslarati said:
The FCC has approved similar requests in the past. In 2018, Alphabet Inc’s Google submitted a request for a similar device with “identical operating parameters,” according to Reuters.

Valeo North America currently has a pending request for in-vehicle monitoring devices that would detect children who have been left in a car.

I really hope battery day talks about vehicle to grid. I was arguing with somebody who thought the blackouts in CA were the fault of solar, where I felt it showed we didn't have enough.

I did some quick math. California has 114 million cars on the road. If we can get just 10% of those cars changed to V2G EVs, and say they have 75kWH batteries, and drawing down just 10% of their total battery capacity, you can access 10k megawatts of power. For reference the largest nuclear plan in the US which as 3 reactors generates 4k megawatts.

I'm just relieved that one of the mainstream media has connected in a solid and respectful way with someone from "our side' that actually studies Tesla, speaks the language of investment analysis, and has solid information on any Tesla component subject. And it's on Youtube.

Not only that, Rob's style blows every other Tesla analyst out of the water - he just exudes credibility in a way no other analyst can touch.

It's like between every sentence he is saying "Just the facts, man", without having to say it. :)

Not only that, Rob's style blows every other Tesla analyst out of the water - he just exudes credibility in a way no other analyst can touch.

It's like between every sentence he is saying "Just the facts, man", without having to say it. :)
Either his newfound Tesla wealth, or his job at The Street has also lead him to dress and appear more professional. Not that he didn't before but it's a step up.

Either his newfound Tesla wealth, or his job at The Street has also lead him to dress and appear more professional. Not that he didn't before but it's a step up.

I think Rob is great, I really do, and I agree he's very professional, and dressed really well in the Cramer interview.

However, I also think that if you cut out everything below the neck, he kinda looks like a homeless person :p Maybe it's just me. Not too many people with that much facial hair here, having lived in Asia for the past 7-8 years.

Possibly FAQs to de-FUD?

Encourage new Tesla car buyers to buy some TSLA stock as well?

List out who has made bad-faith claims and follow the money?

Some economics, but especially physics of hydrogen and why / who is promoting it as a 'well when hydrogen is here, all these EVs will be scrapped, toxic waste in landfill, cobalt....'

Explain that cobalt is mostly used in fossil fuels and where does it actually end up.

Pollution, health links.
I down voted your suggestion because Teslanaire has the meaning of becoming a millionaire based on the rise of Tesla stock, and NOT the rise of Tesla, nor its Earth-friendly aspect. Not many people will click on Teslanaire, nor will it show up in general tesla searches. However it should be a fun site for the limited few (tens of) thousands of people wanting to discuss the dimensions (both fanciful and heart-warming) of financial freedom based on their luck/choice of purchasing TSLA.

So the good news is that as Tesla climb, it has a positive feed back loop as it becomes a darling of theirs because the sheer number of people who buys in don't want to hear FUD from them as negative reports will just turn half of Americans off, if half of Americans now own TSLA.

No, half of Americans don't own TSLA yet, but that is the best thing about S&P 500 inclusion - TSLA will soon be in almost every retirement account in the U.S. (and in most worldwide). That will even help drive sales forward as production levels continue to increase. Because people like to buy things that give them a good feeling. And how good can if feel to watch Ford (or GM) gradually decline from the $30 dollar range down to $6 (when it's in your retirement account)? Tesla will make more people happy in more ways than one!

Why else do Model S and Model X cash buyers worry about efficiency and durability?
You can almost always come up with the money for a large purchase (large being subjective). It's the small recurring expenses that get you into trouble. So you buy efficient heating and cooling and solar so the monthly utility bills remain small. You purchase an S or X so that driving costs are low. In addition, you almost always get what you pay for, so the more expensive versions usually get you more convenience and comfort as well as lower operating costs. Of course, some things are purchased just for the fun of it and cost is not all that important.

In his defense he has to follow hundreds of companies. I give him a lot of credit for bowing to Rob's expertise.

Agreed. If he were to spend as much time as we do paying attention to Tesla, he would be criminally negligent towards the rest of the market and his job. We have a tremendous knowledge advantage over the "experts" regarding this one particular stock. But he has the impossible task of being an expert on every stock.

It's particularly hard with a company like this, where so many disparate forces are actively pumping out misinformation. The surface-level narrative is a mess to untangle.

Sorry for such a potentially absurd response or question in this thread....

I kick myself for depositing money into a trade account but not proceeding with buying shares of TSLA in april when it was in the $400 range. I kick myself when it dipped a couple weeks ago to 1380.... Even at $2000 a share today, is it foolish for me to not get in today, before the split?