Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So many disagrees here, but apparently Tesla agrees with me that the Supercharger price increases are risky. Smart move Tesla

Risky? What does risk have to do with it? Do you really think people will not buy a Tesla because the price of supercharging has gone up by a few cents per kWh?

At least Tesla has a supercharging network, which cannot be said of Jaguar, Audi and Porsche and the other 'competitors' you adore (even though they need it a lot more with their poor efficiency).

Paying a few cents more per kWh for the 5% of the time that people use a supercharger (the rest of the time they charge at home) will not make a difference. Just like the end of free supercharging for Model S and X did not make a difference.

Risky? What does risk have to do with it? Do you really think people will not buy a Tesla because the price of supercharging has gone up by a few cents per kWh?

An effect of the price increase is to reduce the load on the Superchargers (since users will tend to stop charging when their SoC is sufficient).

So some (like myself) will happily pay extra for the reduced risk of having to actually wait for a Supercharger stall.

Also, PV panels are continuing to drop in price, so home owners will over time tend to charge as much as they can at home. I know I will.

Last edited:
I plan to do a partial conversion early, and the rest later hoping on a MMD. The early part so that even if we don't get a MMD, I'll at least have gotten something out of it :) OTM calls purchased half at $295 and half at $315 is better than all purchased at $305.

I decided to wait and see, expecting major FUD and downward pressure on $TSLA in the coming days.

... Sadly, my car was damaged in an accident caused by an inept driver. I was a passenger seeing it in slow motion but helpless. That was on Sept 14 last year. The car has been in a body shop ever since, with multiple parts requiring multiple replacements because of Tesla errors and delays. they cannot get it right and even are very difficult to reach, Executive Escalation on this subject now ignored.

... All of Tesla must know, but no actions seems to be being taken to fix the delivery/service/parts messes.
A slightly less pessimistic update: My car now has been completely repaired and the new parts are being repainted today. Now it is only a question of how good the new paint job will be. OTOH, it will have been 4 1/2 months since the accident. Realistically, I just might forget about this episode if my car is still as wonderful as it was in my distant memories.

It's been said over and over... Goldman Sachs = Shady. I did a search and I got 100's hits on this forum. Reason I bring it up again is I noticed their "Sell" rating while they also own .553% of Tesla stock as of Jan 21st 2019 (yesterday).

So.... is this an indicator that $TSLA is about to shoot up? Is this their MO? The GS indicator perhaps?

Might not be the case. When it was last triggered on Jan 2nd due to delivery report, the SP actually increased the day the uptick rule was removed
Good point. My thinking was that the downward pressure today with such high volume doesn't appear to be tapering off. All it takes is for the downward pressure to continue and the usual antics to resume to cause a drop.

If it does, and does it by enough, I'll pick up what shares I can. I'm expecting a bounce following the earnings call.

Reactions: SOULPEDL
After cutting the price for Supercharging, I needed to update my chart:

upload_2019-1-22_17-3-44.png

So now supercharging in Germany is cheaper than charging at home as long as we get at least 40 kW. If the tapering causes the charge rate to fall below 40 kW it gets more expensive.

Now a very good sales point and proof that Tesla is not taking advantage of the customers. Tesla is taking care of customers and provide an awesome service by the unprecedented supercharger network. No other car manufacturer comes close.