Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, Mac! A crap ton of people, that’s who. Like almost every person in Europe whose car is on the way.
Yup. I did, and mine wasn't 50k.

for that matter, the vast majority of cars don't need test drives anyway. Do people really by a Kia Sol vs a Hyundai because the kia just drove that much better?

Purely anecdotal I realize, but my wife put in for our Model 3 deposit to be returned (we have a Roadster and X - decided that the 2 of us don't need a 3rd Tesla, along with 2 other cars - crazy, right?) a couple days ago. It was either 1 or 2 days between request and delivery of the deposit.

No drama, no headlines, no waiting, no grief. Easy.
Same here. My first deposit took like 2 weeks to get a check back.

Wow. Tesla has gotten so desperate to cash they have resorted to selling this:

61-OQaMUDuL._SL1500_.jpg

Just musing here, but 20% of current volume could be 50% of future 'FSD lets wife and I share car, and/or I take an autonomous taxi' vehicle volume. Okay, likely won't be that extreme, but % vs unit could be misleading. If total vehicle sales go down due to decline of ICE and/or autonomy, Tesla market share goes up, and pain increases for ICE OEMs.
I was just looking at Tesla's share of the global EV market (all plug-ins). Tesla must continue to grow with the EV market if is to preserve its share. If it preserves its share as EV squeeze ICE out of the market, then eventually Tesla captures 20% of entire auto market. I think rather that it will be hard for other EV makers to keep up with Tesla. So it may well grow into are larger share and keep it for a long time.

An ICE maker that want to keep its share of the auto market needs to consider whether it can acquire and hold that much share in the EV market. Most OEMs will be playing catch up, but it will only get more difficult to actually catch up.

Partnership with Amazon is a big deal. It makes sense with Tesla's sales structure, works well with their goal of selling everything online with simple clicks. This way they don't need to spend money on sales & marketing, don't need to worry about shipping. And Amazon isn't localized, they are world-wide.
Remember this:
You can now buy cars on Amazon

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
Finally some SP movement ! This is how last 3 days would have been, but for Deepak/Maxwell.

Hopefully we'll see 340s by the end of this week.

Anyway IVs continue to drop - about 3 pp today. In many cases wiping away any gains from the $8 improvement in SP :(

Yeah, theta and IV decline were killing me too. Even good days like this just wouldn't have been enough to offset the inevitable bad days (I mean, let's not kid ourselves, it's not going to rise nearly 3% every day). Eventually you look at the situation and decide... I'm out.

In addition to my stock I have August 250s and a nice stack of 22 Feb $300s (doubling down when the stock was low really saved my skin). Yesterday I cashed in all my 15 Feb calls and my $350 22 Feb calls, which only bought a few of what I replaced them with (1 Mar $340s). But there's a lot less heartburn with them - gains are actually gains. :) Shouldn't be hard at all to have the paid off and turning a good profit by then. Should be trade news by well before 1 Mar. Maybe even confirmation of paying off the convertibles, if I were to ride them all the way to expiry.

If not... well, sucks to be me, but at least I have my stock and low-leverage calls. I see no rush to cash out on my 22 Feb $300s; I'll just roll them a couple days before expiry, to some safe, distant expiry.

• Helpful
Reactions: BrianZ
Partnership with Amazon is a big deal. It makes sense with Tesla's sales structure, works well with their goal of selling everything online with simple clicks. This way they don't need to spend money on sales & marketing, don't need to worry about shipping. And Amazon isn't localized, they are world-wide.

Let's not jump too far ahead. What's been posted so far is pretty bad (many items are difficult to tell what they are until you've clicked, most items Tesla sells are not available via Amazon, how about a list view and search, etc). Hopefully they flesh this out to a full store. It'd be a great upgrade over Tesla's existing Shop section (largely due to having Amazon's back-end).

Reactions: Fact Checking