Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I said just the other day, I want Tesla to crush them all. I do. That’s where my heart is, even though my head is ‘Um...maybe not the best way to go, mate.’ But damn it all to hell, they deserve to be crushed and I want to be here to see it. Such ugliness I have inside but I want them to pay the price.
I would share your sentiment if not for fact that only people that will pay price for delusional management in these companies are common workers (now unemployed not by their fault). Top guys will land on gold parachutes and find other companies to mismanage for muchos moolah.

Then they have some killer peripheral vision...
View attachment 376135
Normally at any intersection like that I do look to the left despite the traffic lights as I enter the intersection. So I guess I would have seen that car coming and applied the brakes. I bet most drivers with some experience are doing the same.

Normally at any intersection like that I do look to the left despite the traffic lights as I enter the intersection. So I guess I would have seen that car coming and applied the brakes. I bet most drivers with some experience are doing the same.
I know what you are saying, but that intersection road approaches from behind and to the left of the driver, and I don't see any indication that their head turns... Had they been checking that way, it seems like they wouldn't have entered the intersection. It could have been the driver, but it does seem like the transition from acceleration to braking was too fast for reaction time + foot movement...

Regarding NMC charging rate, since it's a higher cycle life chemistry than NCA it might not matter if they are sacrificing some cycle life and allowing faster charge rates. Tesla's NCA packs are already surpassing 300K miles with minimal capacity loss, one is over 500K I believe, (Hansorg Gemmingen, sp?) Few cars see that type of mileage so they are probably making a rational calculation to give up some cycle life for faster charging. Also we've seen a few special additives can drastically change the behavior of a cell, they may indeed have a special sauce in their NMC cells, though it's not necessary.

Ran into something interesting. You know how the most recent ship Tesla contracted to send cars to China is the Emerald Ace? Well, that selection is classic Tesla :)

Japan: MHI Launches Car Carrier EMERALD ACE

"The EMERALD ACE, the vessel of hull No.1296 built at the Kobe Shipyard, measures about 200 meters (m) in overall length, 32.26 m in breadth and 34.52 m in depth. The 60,200 gross tonnage vessel is capable of carrying 6,400 units (standard passenger cars) at a service speed of 20.65 knots. The vessel will be Mitsui O.S.K.’s first ship to have a hybrid electric power supply system onboard. By using power from an energy storage system consisting of a large-size photovoltaic power generation system and a lithium-ion rechargeable battery, the vessel at anchor can prevent emission of exhaust gas from a diesel power generator and thereby realize “zero” emission in harbor."

nb20120626a2a.jpg
Looks like roughly around 1/4 megawatt or so of panels ~700 or so maybe 325 - 350 watts each? Lotta juice.