Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Consumer Reports Ask-Me-Anything is open here:

I am the Director of Auto Test from Consumer Reports to talk about top picks and reliability AMA : IAmA

Be sure to vote up any and all questions that you like. And if you see anything that hasn't been asked, by all means ask!

Great job @KarenRei , keep going!

His answers are disappointing, avoiding, deferring and none but not answers to the real question you did ask.

I summarize them in two words "paint reliability"

Yep. As much as I want to be an investor in TSLA the mission is of utmost priority.

Agreed -- with a certain number of obvious exceptions, the only thing more crushing to me than not being able to invest in Tesla would be to see Tesla go under or be sold to a buyer that makes it a shell of its former self.

Agreed -- with a certain number of obvious exceptions, the only thing more crushing to me than not being able to invest in Tesla would be to see Tesla go under or be sold to a buyer that makes it a shell of its former self.
Well, that and the fact that going private at 4xx would at least give me a sizable return on my investment and not make me delay retirement by 10 years. ;)

Reactions: UncaNed and mekberg
Guys...I don't think I've ever had as much conflicting thoughts about Tesla stock price action.

- On one hand, I was excited that I finally was going to be able to benefit on the negativity by adding to my shares on Thursday and was expecting the stock to crater like last time on SEC BS news. There's been a few times now where I added to my position, only to have negative news come out a couple days later. Luckily I've always stayed disciplined in buying under 305/share.

- On the other hand, it's great to see the stock finally hold it's own against BS like this. Maybe investors are starting to see that the fundamentals of the company and the projection of growth over the next 1-3 years is too great to ignore at this point. Maybe once this gets cleared up by the judge(which I 100% think the judge is going to rule in Elon's favor) and the Bond payment, we will actually start the climb to a new range for the stock price.

The message was sent!
The're fully aware that there isn't any logic to their final score and used Tesla as a way to get more views on their recommendations

That’s the lesser accusation. The larger is that they used a dodgy review to manipulate the share price, in cahoots with somebody who made big money off the advance knowledge of the report content and release timestamp.

Hit em with the Model Y announcement Elon!

With the SEC's FUD having backfired,
Jennifer Sensiba on Twitter

I would like to make a point as to why it may take a little longer for Elon Musk to reveal Model Y.

During the Model 3 reveal he said that it would cost 35k $ (in its most basic configuration) - without incentives.

Later he had to (honestly) explain that Tesla would need to sell more expensive variants first (in order to e.g. not die last summer).

I think until there is a Model 3 for sale for 35k $ it would be problematic for him to reveal a Model Y together with pricing.

If he did it in a few weeks with the cheapest Model 3 costing 42k $, people would be thinking "the cheapest Model 3 costs 20% more than he promised, what about this new one?"

If he reveals the Y without pricing, then that would also be awkward - and rule out the kick-off of an meaningful reservation/order process.

Even adjusting the current Model 3 price for 3 years of inflation would be less than optimal because people would still ask themselves "but how much will it cost when I finally get a chance to buy it?"

So I am not holding my breath for a Model Y reveal.

That’s the lesser accusation. The larger is that they used a dodgy review to manipulate the share price, in cahoots with somebody who made big money off the advance knowledge of the report content and release timestamp.

And the latter can be true without systemic corruption being the case. It only takes one or two people lacking scruples who understand the power of their position and a conversation in a pub...