Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was going to say same. I find this really peculiar. Radio silence on the news feeds.

Count 20+ headlines that sound terrible about Tesla in my Apple stocks (I know there are better programs)news feed right now...

No, it's not peculiar, it's indicative.

In a few years, when Tesla has reached its trillion dollar valuation, Elon Musk will do a Pravduh on historical US financial news. With a bit of pocket change he will buy the likes of CNBC and just close them down. The not entirely hopeless he will keep, to be run by Zachary Shahan.

Last edited:
as others have noted, there's zero chance of a Model Y / pickup reveal tomorrow. Here are my predictions, in descending order of likelihood IMO:

- Supercharger V3
- $35k Model 3
- Model S and X refresh, including range increase over 400 miles.

edit: mannnn when i was typing this nobody else had guessed Model S/X refresh yet! I thought i had something. but by the time i posted, the last bunch of posts were all about it. :(

Come on Elon. You're making this too hard! My brain hurts!!! You need to give us more clues, and you need to give them to us now!

PLEASE! I'm not getting any work done here today! :eek:

That's the least of my problems.
We have blue balls since his tweet about the mother of all short squeezes. He is such a tease.

Last edited:
What are the chances that the "news" tomorrow is essentially a nothingburger (teaser, reveal-date, minor news)?
I don't think it will be a nonthingburger, Elon appears to be too excited for that. But it won't be major like a reveal or facelift because those are media events and highly publicized. It might be an announcement that there will be a facelift media event on some specific date, and you can sign up to attend. The announcements that others have mentioned, such as Supercharger or self driving enhancements, are more likely though.

One thing that strikes me as odd is that he listed the location as "California". He didn't say "Fremont". But he made it clear that it's about Tesla (aka, not SpaceX or Boring Company).

Lathrop? ;) I never know what to make of that building. I mean, it's freaking huge:
tesla-lathrop-facility-898x504.jpg

Does Fremont really need that much part warehousing? My sense has always been that a lot of it is "offsite manufacturing" (e.g. of parts and such to be used in Fremont). But then that raises the question... what else are they working on manufacturing there (whether as parts or completed products)?

My guess would be that they are going to move the parts production out of Fremont to this new building to make room to expand vehicle production space. Maybe enough room for a Model Y development line?

Again: that's not how it works. The conversion price is a running average between two dates (I'd have to look those dates up; some people here probably know off the top of their heads). It's not the instantaneous price at the end of trading on 28 feb.
Again, I have an understanding about that to as the running average started sometimes in Dec as debt payment plan was discussed and bond holders have an option of stock or cash then. I think you are misunderstanding my points about $TSLA worth more than cash right BEFORE repayment date.

Edit. 1 of reason why price had been suppressed is bond repayment and how ironic it would be if we somehow crossed 360 at deadline.

I don't think it will be a nonthingburger, Elon appears to be too excited for that. But it won't be major like a reveal or facelift because those are media events and highly publicized. It might be an announcement that there will be a facelift media event on some specific date, and you can sign up to attend. The announcements that others have mentioned, such as Supercharger or self driving enhancements, are more likely though.
Nobody really knows. It could very well be a sell the news event. And when it comes to Tesla (esp the short term stock movements), never assume anything. If this closes above 320 tomorrow, I will definitely be unloading a few calls. Like I said, there is a gap at 297, death cross imminent, and SEC contempt case ongoing. If it goes up to 370 on some crazy news, I'll still be happy, as I always keep a core (non-trading) position and a few leaps and calls. If it goes down, I can deploy my recouped cash. Don't be greedy with options. TSLA is super volatile. Expect the unexpected. Even if it goes up, future volatility will always provide an opportunity to buy calls again. I learned this lesson last year.

Last edited: