Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BREAKING NEWS, EVERYONE!!!

upload_2019-2-27_20-24-16.png

;)

ED: $920B, Chuck? ;)

Last edited:
Are these tweets coding the announcement or are they just random, good mood Elon tweets?

And as I think about it more, the announcement should be somewhat major, otherwise all this huffing and puffing by Musk is going to look weak on hindsight.

This is incredibly reminiscent of LEMUR. What was the market reaction to that? Will need to go back and look.

This kinda shows you the ball is still in Tesla's court, they're in full control. They have on demand hype anytime they want to grab attention and get people excited. They can generate demand at anytime, and they have many projects in the works that we don't even know about. If they aren't showing us something, that's because they don't need to.

Is it 2pm Thursday yet?

So take me to school here because

a. I am not an American and don't know much about the "SEC"
b. not sure whats constitutes "norms" re announcements like this.

Is the CEO of a company allowed to tweet something like Elon did? So , no news, just that there is going to be news. With the hate that American society in general has for Elon, is even a simple tweet like this not inviting even more prosecution? Can't the "SEC" see this as stock manipulation?

Frankly it all seems bizarre but kinda curious.

• Disagree
Reactions: bhzmark
This is going to be an announcement not a reveal. IMO
How about a partnership on Daimler Sprinter or Semi?
I would love it if Tesla let some other company help with the Mission. So that Tesla can keep their focus on one or two products at a time.
I guess they could be taking over a factory that is being vacated.

we will know in a little over 24...

trailhound
way overweight tsla

So take me to school here because

a. I am not an American and don't know much about the "SEC"
b. not sure whats constitutes "norms" re announcements like this.

Is the CEO of a company allowed to tweet something like Elon did? So , no news, just that there is going to be news. With the hate that American society in general has for Elon, is even a simple tweet like this not inviting even more prosecution? Can't the "SEC" see this as stock manipulation?

Frankly it all seems bizarre but kinda curious.
My take is that the 420 tweet was a huge goof. This latest one is somebody wanting to make a point and taking the most severe interpretation possible. The idea is that a CEO can't just make up stuff in order to manipulate stock.