Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Switched my proposed delivery to earlier on the day on 30/3 so that I can still take delivery in Q1.
Also my delivery is at the SEC the furthest from my home in Belgium, as the 2 closer SECs are also booked full for Model 3 deliveries.
I also cancelled my tradein of my Corolla, which should lessen the load on the delivery team. Will try to get rid of it locally. I guess nobody here is interested in buying a 19 year old Toyota Corolla diesel? Very cheap!

Just park it overnight in Charleroi...

Tesla price target lowered to $180 from $200 at Cowen TSLA - The Fly

Tesla price target lowered to $180 from $200 at Cowen

Cowen analyst Jeffrey Osborne lowered his Q1 deliveries estimates for Tesla to reflect both state government and third party data that he said suggests deliveries will be weaker than his prior expectations. He cut his Model 3 delivery forecast to 47,500 from 55,000 and lowered his Model S/X delivery forecast to 18,000 from 21,500. Osborne, who expects U.S. demand to be soft until the release of the $35,000 version of the Model 3 in Q2, cut his price target on Tesla shares to $180 from $200 and keeps an Underperform rating on the stock.

Tesla price target lowered to $180 from $200 at Cowen TSLA - The Fly

Tesla price target lowered to $180 from $200 at Cowen

Cowen analyst Jeffrey Osborne lowered his Q1 deliveries estimates for Tesla to reflect both state government and third party data that he said suggests deliveries will be weaker than his prior expectations. He cut his Model 3 delivery forecast to 47,500 from 55,000 and lowered his Model S/X delivery forecast to 18,000 from 21,500. Osborne, who expects U.S. demand to be soft until the release of the $35,000 version of the Model 3 in Q2, cut his price target on Tesla shares to $180 from $200 and keeps an Underperform rating on the stock.

I'm trying to click on that article to read it but I keep coming to this page and I can't get past it. Help?

upload_2019-3-22_13-53-11.png

I'm not sure this has been posted, but here's the text of the "all hands on delivery pumps" email - some new information in it, I believe, regarding EU delay (my bolding):

To: Everybody

Subj. Vehicle Delivery Help Needed!

March 21, 2019

For the last ten days of this quarter, please consider your primary priority to be helping with vehicle deliveries. This applies to everyone. As challenges go, this is a good one to have, as we’ve built the cars and people have bought the cars, so we just need to get the cars to their new owners!

What has made this particularly difficult is that Europe and China are simultaneously experiencing the same massive increase in delivery volume that North America experienced last year. In some locations, the delivery rate is over 600% higher than its previous peak! This was further exacerbated by supplier shortages of EU spec components and a sticker printing error on our part in China that were only resolved in the past few weeks.

North America is also stressed, as the final month of this quarter is almost all North America builds. Moreover, for the first two weeks of March, most cars were sent from our factory in California to the East Coast to ensure arrival before the end of quarter.

The net result is a massive wave of deliveries needed throughout Europe, China and North America. This is the biggest wave in Tesla’s history, but it is primarily a function of our first delivery of mass manufactured cars on two continents simultaneously, and will not be repeated in subsequent quarters.

To help, please contact Sanjay Shah in North America, Robin Ren in China and Ashley Harris in Europe.

I see no mention here about any “volunteering”. What is this latest FUD that the bears are foaming about Re: Tesla employees suddenly being unpaid volunteers? Sigh, I should just read a book in a corner for a while and ignore all this crap.

Reactions: Drumheller
Here's the order granting the sur-reply motion:

Note the following details:
  • The judge's order is going to pierce through any confidentiality agreements (NDAs) the settlement talks might be covered by. We might be able to read those details!
  • 8 pages instead of 10 pages is a usual "please make this short" signal from the judge - in fact she could easily have added other restrictions but didn't.
  • The extra 2 pages are not really missing: if Elon's team really needs more space they can squeeze more arguments into footnotes. It's also common to ask for a bit more, expecting not to get the full filing length.
  • The 8 pages limit does not include attachments/exhibits. This is important: Elon's lawyers can file as much evidence covering the SEC-broadened scope as they want to.
  • Elon's lawyers got the 5 days they asked for: it's 110% probable that they were working on a sur-reply this week already, and would have attached those arguments to the filing on the 26th anyway. The order allowing them to file today gives those arguments more legal weight in the context of the flow of contempt of court motions.
  • Cramer's attacks against Judge Nathan on CNBC didn't have the intended effect of scaring/misleading her.
  • Elon's tweets to Cramer yesterday might also have had an effect of highlighting the connection between Cramer and short sellers.
  • Speculation: the judge permitting this yesterday suggests that she was reading through the case and was checking the scope claims. She ultimately agreed with Elon's lawyers that the SEC's reply brief went beyond scope.
  • While the SEC already indicated that they don't think an evidentiary hearing is necessary, they might reply again on the 26th in light of any extra evidence filed by Elon's lawyers today.
(@TNEVol, do you concur?)

TL;DR: very positive development IMO, the best possible outcome for this procedural step.

Quick question: does the Judge have a Twitter account? A simple retweet of Cramer’s recent fiasco would be a form of ‘justice’. So would an email to her office or some such.

Read AND HEED!!!! Moderator:mad:
Moderator (@AudubonB ?) , did you just delete my post where I say to another user that he's bullying me and you deleted my post and left his post!!! Wow

And if you've deleted anything else, that is truly disrespectful, and I feel bullied, as none of the other posts was out of any normal bounds.

I'm done here.

This the best newspaper in the world yet they completely blew this story. I only know this because I've devoted a lot of my time becoming an expert on the subject of Tesla.

Why is it then, when I turn the page from the bad Tesla article and read about farming, foreign affairs, music, or basketball do I assume that the information and analysis I'm getting from the NYT is first-rate?
I’ve checked the story a couple of times and haven’t seen the usual place to leave a reader comment. An odd development since Mr. Boudette deserves spirited feedback about his reporting deficiencies.

Take it for what you want, but all of my shares have been loaned out again. Shorts are coming in while Tesla is selling and delivering more cars than ever before. The gap is widening. The set up for Tsunami is coming.

I'm hoping this depressed pricing is accounting for a Q1 Loss. Tesla will really need to crush it in Asia and Europe with the higher GM cars and hedge their FX to eke out a profit.

Unfortunately not a lottery. It would be fun to see Elon hand-pick the winning VIN from a giant barrel with balls containing the vin. And every month they would need a bigger barrel. Soon they would need a swimming pool. I can already see Elon diving inn a pool of balls and pick the winning balls. That would be a youtube hit!
But I thought the objective was to get some of the smaller fish the prizes. Based on the above, then It's the people with the most referrals (i.e., the media stars) that will get it. But I suppose, since you can't win twice, it will eventually get to the smaller fish, but only after giving prizes to all the media stars first. Am I correct in this?

I see no mention here about any “volunteering”. What is this latest FUD that the bears are foaming about Re: Tesla employees suddenly being unpaid volunteers?

Tesla has an internal effort where employees can volunteer to help with the delivery push: they'll get travel costs reimbursed and of course it's all paid work. They had this for a long time AFAIK: for example line workers or software devs can help out for a week or so - after which they go back to their original projects. This was how the "Tent" was built as well I think.

The TSLAQ fraudsters have created a lie based on this: they are using the "volunteer" word to create the impression that it's unpaid - which it is not. It's a voluntary temporary assignment within the company, fully paid for.

"Short and distort."

But I thought the objective was to get some of the smaller fish the prizes. Based on the above, then It's the people with the most referrals (i.e., the media stars) that will get it. But I suppose, since you can't win twice, it will eventually get to the smaller fish, but only after giving prizes to all the media stars first. Am I correct in this?
At least the media stars won’t get 3 roadsters.