Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talking to people from the auto industry leaved the impression to me they live in a different world and to be honest I believe they really do. Its their own echo chamber where friends, family and colleagues talk the same talk and keep distance from BEVs and if they touch one its one of their own not really impressive and a use case just for the city.

I am not so confident that they people you had in the call beside the two ever have driven ever a Tesla as this does usually change everything if people are honest to themselves and if not its very hard to undermine that feeling that you had and can't forget creeping under your skin.

Good material for an article indeed. Maybe....
They did not drive a Tesla!!! I could not forget the feeling of being a passenger for 2 years till I finally pulled the trigger myself....

This is true. I received the update last night in my 3, enabled the full lane departure assist/avoidance, and let the car creep toward the next lane on a clear road. It's like a mini-autopilot driving minder. The car will just not go over the line unless you force it or have your turn signal on. And it will not-so-gently remind you that you're driving like an idiot.
This is SO much better because it is always on, unlike AP. So any circumstance where you become incapacitated or distracted it will react.

I have a question regarding this. Let's say you're driving on the highway (no autopilot, no cruise control) and the truck in front of you isn't paying attention and suddenly starts braking way too late, smacks the car in front of him and your only choice to not get into an accident is to swerve into the next lane over. Will the car allow you to swerve into the next lane?

The car will allow you to swerve at any time. This doesn't stop you from moving into another lane. It just makes you have to actually turn the wheel to do so. You won't find yourself accidentally drifting into another lane through inattention.

I have a question regarding this. Let's say you're driving on the highway (no autopilot, no cruise control) and the truck in front of you isn't paying attention and suddenly starts braking way too late, smacks the car in front of him and your only choice to not get into an accident is to swerve into the next lane over. Will the car allow you to swerve into the next lane?
Did not try it but I am assuming it is like autopilot where if you “take over” you can do what you want. I was not holding the wheel when I let it drift.

Thank you for the clarification. Indeed that would be interesting.

Sorry, I did not mean to pull straws out of what you wrote. However, it is a very common misconception at TMC that ARK has a policy to automatically sell shares of a stock if it comprises more than 10% of a fund. I wanted to make certain that others here understand what the policy actually is.

No worries ;) And yes given how easily stuff get's taken out of context nowadays, it's doesn't hurt to make sure make sure it's clear. On the rise back up, whenever it happens, I won't be taking any selling from Ark as a sign of anything because it doesn't mean anything...….but if they don't sell on the way back up, that tells me a lot about how much conviction they have for future gains beyond the 300-350 range we had been stuck in for a couple years.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBone and Curt Renz
Elon has stepped back on his oversight of production ever since Jerome was promoted to President of Automotive.

This was confirmed when I talked with both of them at Autonomy Day.
It appears that Jerome is in charge of production, including Fremont, Reno/Sparks, and Shanghai. Elon has stepped back significantly in this regard and now views Jerome as kind of a COO since Elon doesn't need to worry about production. However, Jerome's not in charge of sales and service which apparently report directly to Elon.

2019.16.2 Lane departure avoidance is worth it’s weight in gold! I may now just be a monkey driving in the lines that my Telsa lets me, but damn that is awesome! I just let the car drift and it started going over the line then, ding ding ding ding, it put me back in the lane and we kept on going. FU CNBC that’s criminal not showing this feature. This feature alone will save more people than seat belts. No crash is infinitely better than a crash strapped in.
That's awesome! You know, maybe all of these positives need to be tweeted to @cnbc... after all for the most part you're just preaching to the choir on this forum. Perhaps a concerted positive tweet squeeze would catch them with their proverbial pants down. At a minimum it's out in the open.

Reactions: UncaNed and BBone
They did not drive a Tesla!!! I could not forget the feeling of being a passenger for 2 years till I finally pulled the trigger myself....

An that's why I am so dead certain Tesla will win. Emotions rule us one way or another and ones you felt it you won't forget and one day be it sooner or later you come back because you want it again...

It appears that Jerome is in charge of production, including Fremont, Reno/Sparks, and Shanghai. Elon has stepped back significantly in this regard and now views Jerome as kind of a COO since Elon doesn't need to worry about production. However, Jerome's not in charge of sales and service which apparently report directly to Elon.
It would be great to have Jerome in charge of sales and service as well.

I think it would be a lot of stability.

Question: does the 50k net new orders include the Model Y? If so, how many?
If 30K of the new orders were for the Y then demand for the M3 really is trailing off.

Wow.. you know what I never thought of that. Can you think and come back with a few more scenarios on the M3 demand trailing off? Could he have mistyped an extra '0' in that email? thats definitely a possibility isn't it?

An internal communication effectively stating that they are on track to meet previously issued (and recently reiterated) guidance does not require an 8-k, even if it doesn’t become public. Quit your frothing.

That's just wrong.

Stating you're "on track" is a material update

It's a transition from guidance to reality

Companies are supposed to issue an 8K when material information leaks out. 50k orders quarter-to-date is material.

If 30K of the new orders were for the Y then demand for the M3 really is trailing off.
Good point. It could include the Semi and Roadster too huh? Maybe he even counted powerwalls and solar panels... and t-shirts and cargo mats.... hmmmmmm....

ARK Invest bought more TSLA today for the 3 ETFs in which it is suitable. This is unusual for an up day in TSLA, especially since it is close to 10% of each fund, which is their cutoff for not buying. ARK more typically buys on dips, and there were plenty more stocks in their funds that were dip candidates today, yet were not bought.

View attachment 411203

Interestingly, ARK's purchases of TSLA and its rise today pushed it from under 10% to over 10% of both ARKK and ARKQ. Meanwhile SSYS remains atop ARKQ at 11%.

Just went through a topic over on the X forum regarding orders of the new Raven redesign. There has been a few confirmed deliveries now as of very recent, but still people one month in without any VINs or other status updates since ordering. I asked before on this thread and a couple folks here mentioned Tesla had a regulation hurdle or something, which has been apparently cleared. But, that doesn’t make sense if some are still without VINs one month in.

Any ideas?

Good point. It could include the Semi and Roadster too huh? Maybe he even counted powerwalls and solar panels... and t-shirts and cargo mats.... hmmmmmm....

On the flip side of that, besides saying that they have a good chance at breaking the Q4 record for deliveries, the rest of the email is focused on just Model 3. The 50k new net orders could be S/X/3, or S/X/Y/3 or...….just 3. Semi and Roadster guys? Come on, even if it did include those that would be maybe like 100? 200?

First post for this person. A little fishy. 30k of the 50k being just for Y seems unlikely.

But, it does raise the curiosity of how much of those 50k net new orders were for the Y.

Reactions: Doggydogworld